“Smelly, horrible value, cheap!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Elk Grove
Oxnard, California
“Smelly, horrible value, cheap!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is a hotel brand I will never return to because of the bad experience. This was the worst value for my $-motel 6 is an upgrade! It supposedly includes breakfast, and does not specify online but it's "grab and go" and there were 4 apples, 1 muffin and 3 oatmeal bars in the bin to choose from- at 6:30 am. Washclothes are not provided in the rooms, I was told they have a policy of no pets on the first floor. The pet fee is $25 non refundable per pet. The beds were so uncomfortable and old. And the whole place smelled old and dirty!

• Stayed November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your experience staying at our hotel wasn't pleasant. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I will look into the problem mentioned to ensure your experience is not repeated. Our free grab-and-go breakfast is a fairly new program that we are still tweaking to improve and will be reviewing.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at seg@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Perrysburg, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This ESA is in great shape--newly renovated, clean, well equipped, and conveniently located with the 5 and 99 highways nearby and a Starbucks right around the corner. Check-in staff was good but they did tell me they didn't have any nonsmoking rooms for me because I had booked on Priceline, which is unacceptable. When I refused to take a smoking room, magically a nonsmoking room DID become available. Hmm!!
Aside from a large tear in the blanket which was craftily covered up by well placed pillows, the room was great--no complaints. Smelled fine, everything in the bathroom and kitchen worked, wifi signal was strong, HD TV had many channels including Showtime, and the bed was comfortable with four nice pillows. The shower pressure was good and the towels new and clean. Grab and go breakfast had a fairly good assortment of fruit and granola bars/muffins. I would return here any time, gladly!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that you found your room and our hotel overall to be fresh as well as clean . As well, I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel's location and our grab-and-go breakfast.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The staff is top notch! always happy and heapful. they take a lot of care to make sure that your stay is as comfortable as the newly remodeled rooms throughout the property! the parking is very convenient and well lighted. the price is well worth the upgraded rooms!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an awesome review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay and the staff, we try to meet all of our guests needs.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at extended stay America Elk Grove many times for business and family. When I'm in the area I like to stay at this hotel. Sofia is great she is always helping me with what ever I need, and greets us always with a smile.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you love to stay with us and we enjoy seeing you. We appreciate you choosing our hotel. I am proud to hear that Sofia provided you with excellent customer service.

elk grove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have been staying at the Extended stay while working on a business expansion into the Sacramento area. I am very pleased with my experience. It is clean and well stocked with everything you need to get by and live like at home. The staff is GREAT. Sophia and Destiny have especially been helpful in making sure I have everything I need and are part of the reason It feels like home. I am happy and would recommend it to anyone traveling and looking for a comfy place to stay...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your experience staying with us and our staff provided you with great customer service, fresh and clean room.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Driving from Portland to Southern California is a long drive I stop at this hotel the prices were very affordable Sofia was assisting me, with awesome service. The room upstairs was outdated but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for providing you with great customer service, with a clean and affordable room.

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I'm staying at this hotel for 3 months sofia and cesetely have been amzaing here tgey have made it feel like I was riggt at home everything is near by but the staff is always there for you, with out the staff this hotel wouldnt be awesome

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your clean, fresh room and that our staff members were helpful, taking care of our needs. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!