“Reviews of the hotel an property” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Elk Grove
Sacramento, California
“Reviews of the hotel an property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed here for 5 weeks on a work assignment. overall the experience was pleasant. The manager and staff are very friendly and helpful. there were some minor gliches ie hallway next to the elevator smelling like smoke/less than new carpeting. Overall I had a pleasant stay; the grounds were very quiet at night and I slept well. housekeeping was timely. renovations are to be completed soon. I recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. We appreciate you letting us know about the smoke smell by the elevator and the carpet issue. We will be resolving these issues right away. We are happy to read that we provided you with courteous customer service, a quiet location and timely housekeeping.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my family for one night. I wanted to check out immediately after lying down for an hour. When I first walked in the doors I was greeted by a nice young woman. I couldn't tell you her name to save my life. After some hiccups due to a very understood policy I went to my room. I arrived on the second floor only to be fronted by a horrid smell. I am pregnant and have a very heightened sense of smell. I was nauseated walking from the elevator to the room even being on medication. Upon reaching my room after a struggle due to no bell cart I walked in and was greeted by an huge heat wave. The room is yes outdated but it was stifling. I quickly turned on the AC. It worked thank heavens. My family and I went to the wedding where my 80 year old disabled grandmother tells me that even though we booked 2 months ago and where promised a ground floor room she was notified at her check in that they had none. Somehow they found none for her. My aunt asked how much we played and we discovered a 6.00 difference in our rates even though she was an AARP member. Her rate was higher and it was the same room. I will never stay here again. The walls are so thin that my neighbor was watching a sea movie. My upstairs neighbor takes showers at 11:30 and there is not nearly enough handicap accessible parking. Also one of our beds was properlh dressed and the other was missing blankets. I tried to give this place a shot. I was very disappointed. I will never stay at this chain again. I would pay double the price to avoid this again.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am so disappointed that your stay wasn't comfortable. Please accept my apology. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, My team is making sure that all requested by guest are honored subject to availability. We will also ensure that inspections of guest rooms are taken place prior to arrival to ensure linens are in place and cleanliness are to standard.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at seg@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Bakersfield, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

While the staff were great and the grounds pleasant, the hallway and room carpet and furniture were stained and smelled like smoke. I was assured that renovations are planned for this fall but they are way overdue. In the laundry most of the machines had a paper that said "out of order". I was clear at checkin that I was there to assess a long term housing option for a new state job, and yet was placed in a room that was worn and stained and the TV didn't work.

Room Tip: Consider another close by facility if you need a kitchenette, the prices for the Hampton or Fairfiel...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am pleased to read that our staff provided great customer service during your stay; however, I am so sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations for cleanliness. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have began inspecting every room and hallway before check-in. Based on your feedback, I have began a project with my maintenance staff to fix the equipment issues and to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at seg@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Elk Grove, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I along with my wife are staying in this hotel since a month now. I opted for this hotel since it is very close to my work place. The location is pretty good. About the hotel, the room came with a kitchen with good basic appliances and is spacious enough for us. The front desk people are very friendly and helpful. Initially, our fridge wasn't functioning properly but it was replaced as soon as we informed them. Good hospitality. There is free Wi-Fi in every room, the internet speed is not that good though. As we extended our stay, we got it for a better price as well. Overall, we had a good stay so far!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Abhay - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry that the internet speed was slow and the refrigerator in your room wasn't working well; however, I am glad that our staff was able to rectify both issues for you in a timely manner. As well, I am happy to read that we provided you with a clean room and that you enjoyed the fully equipped kitchen.

Vallejo, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

On the bright side, the room was relatively clean and quiet. On the downside, the whole facility is tired and in need of renovation. Towels are old, carpets stained. I didn't pay a lot for this room and that's exactly what I got in return. Oh, and the free breakfast consisted of packets of oatmeal, pre-packaged cupcakes, or Quaker nutrition bars, plus coffee or tea. They seem to do enough to meet the minimum requirements here but there's nothing remotely special about the place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Jay - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff was pleasant to you during your visit to our hotel and that your clean, quiet room. Still, I am sorry for the level dirty towels. I am working with our housekeeping staff to revamp our cleaning procedures to ensure this does not happen again.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I've stayed here twice, and I pretty much fully enjoyed my stay both times. Sofia helped me check in and was very friendly and helpful! When I walked into my room, it was nice and cool and comfortable. I was incredibly surprised to find that there was a kitchen, complete appliances and even dishes, pots and silverware. The only thing that annoyed me was that there wasn't shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom upon my arrival, but you could get those (amongst other toiletries) at the front desk. They even offer popcorn! Another thing was that there was a teeny used diabetes test strip on the counter. I guess house keeping didn't notice it. But hey, for the pricing of the room I'll let it slide. All we did was avoid that part of the room. But overall, I gotta give it 4/5 because of the price, awesome hospitality and overall comfortableness. Definitely sticking with this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Brittany - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a awesome review. I'm so pleased to hear that Sofia was a great help to you, as well as the rest of our staff. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed having a fully equipped kitchen in your room.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Tampa, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

My company booked 5days before I got here for a 6night stay for me and when I entered the lobby I noted 5 others who had already paid and booked rooms, but every one being told that they had overbooked the hotel and were eating for rooms to be vacated and cleaned. After waiting in the lobby for 3hrs and the 1 housekeeper to clean dirty rooms I checked in and passed out! I awakened to shower later that evening to find no hot water! I went to the front desk and was told the hot water heaters had broken that morning and they were waiting to hear back from management on when exactly it'd be fixed! 24hrs later we had hot water. Why didn't they disclose this sooner and a lot of folks were checking in with the intention of heading out to events in town. I let bygones be bygones and tried to get beyond that, but one similarity I've noticed with this hotel chain is the paper thin walls that allow you to hear EVERYTHING from your neighbors and conversations you'd rater not be involved in! If I was doing work business in my room no info is protected, no matter how low your tone of voice! I'm DONE w/ extended stay America!

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Valencia - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am disheartened to hear that you had to wait on your room when you arrived at our hotel and that there was not hot water available for your shower. This is something that has never happened before, and took longer than expected to correct. Please accept my apology. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have coached my team and put an action plan in place to better resolve these types of situations moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at seg@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!