“The best anywhere.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Northern California
“The best anywhere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at Thai restaurants pretty much around the world (not in Thailand yet though!) and amazingly enough, one of the best restaurants we've ever eaten at is in our own backyard.
A friend had told us about Thai Chili a few years back, once we tried it we've never left!
The food is incredible, so tasty and very fresh. They have a Mango Salmon Curry (you can also get it with duck!) that I'd kill for. Their Larb and the Bangkok Street Noodles are the best anywhere AND they probably serve what I consider to be one of the best desserts I've ever eaten, Deep Fried Coconut Ice Cream drizzled with honey and sesame seeds.
Trust me, if your ever driving down Hwy 99 through Elk Grove, take the Elk Grove Blvd exit to the East and just down a bit on your right will be the restaurant, hidden in the back of a non-descript shopping center. You will thank me I promise!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Salinas, California
“Amazing Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Because of the good reviews I read we tried Thai Chili on a Friday night. We were instantly greeted and seated. Water and menus delivered which led to an overload of choices.We tried the shrimp spring rolls first- fresh and delicious. On to fish curry in green sauce, pineapple rice and the evening special tilapia with aspargus. Too much food but oh so good. Leftovers for lunch the next day was a bonus. The stream of customers in such a small restaurant tells you it is simply the best around. Can't wait to return especially for the curry.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Plantation, Florida
“I drive an hour to eat here. $50 for a party of four.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The usual tab for our party of four is around $50 plus tip. The portions tend to be generous and we never finish what we order. This is really good Thai food and exceptional value for California. Their papaya salad and pad thai are very nice items to build a meal around. I've twice visited Bangkok and enjoyed Thai food along the Chao Phraya and Thai is usually my go to food wherever I travel. The food at Thai Chili is very good. And worth the drive.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wilton, California
“"Go To" for Thai in South Sacramento County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We found this treasure when it replaced the previous tenant, we've been going back ever since. Now that we are gone, on our recent visit we went in and everything is the same but expanded. The service is still impeccable, the menu still holds real Thai yummy bits. Our favorite appetizer is the Shrimp Fresh Salad Roll. Exactly what it says, a salad in a rice paper wrap. not Fried! So refreshing every time. This time I had the Shrimp and Chicken Won Ton Soup and I have to say this is a very full soup. It had at least 8 won tons (where at PF Chang's two nights earlier I got only 4 at $2 more!). Vern had the Pad Thai, great as usual. I also love the Drunken Noodles.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
daytona beach, florida
“Bangkok relived”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Enjoyed the food felt like I was back in Thailand, owners very nice and personable, good curries, noodle dishes, and they know THAI HOT!

Visited June 2012