So the day we were checking out, we get a knock on the door at 9 am saying "Guest Services", then when we answer the door, the guy is like, "Just confirming you are checking out today." Seriously?!!!! (Check out is not till 11 am, did they need the room earlier, is that why they wanted us out?) Did you really need to come to the door to confirm?! Oh and while he was there, he had a loud argument with another room on the floor in Spanish. So if you don't want to sleep in till 10:00/10:30/11:00, go ahead and stay here and you can get a wake up knock on your door the day you are leaving. The girl at the desk, shook her head when I complained, like oh geez, what was he thinking and apologized but still, why is this guy doing that?
I guess a large party/family was staying in several rooms on our floor. There was loud talking in the hallways and banging of doors due to them leaving the lock in the door, so that people could go in and out between rooms.
Other then that, the room was okay. It was comfortable and big. I really need to get used to the partial curtains that don't close are just for decoration.
Oh and in the room description, it said separate living area. So I was thinking a whole different room. There was like a tiny wall between the couch and the bed. So anyway, there was a couch with a coffee table and a desk. Nothing wrong with it though, it was nice to have to work at the table on the laptop or sit on the couch rather then lay on the bed.
This is the first time staying here and the last, for paying the price that we did, it was not worth the wake up knock. We'll go back to the one on Stockton Blvd, (we never got a wake up knock there) or go to another hotel chain.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove Hotel Elk Grove
- Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Elk Grove is the newest and most modern hotel in the Sacramento area. Our beautiful 100% non smoking hotel is conveniently located off, I-5 and within variety of shopping and popular dining options. Guest will enjoy our central location to San Francisco Bay area, Napa Valley/Sonoma, Lake Tahoe/ Reno, Redding and the Central Valley. Experience luxurious accommodations and a plethora of amenities such as a complimentary hot breakfast buffet featuring our signature cinnamon rolls served daily, outdoor pool and whirlpool, enhanced bath experience, business center, fitness area, meeting space that can accommodate up to 40 people, wired and wireless high-speed Internet access. Our location places you a short distance from Sacramento International Airport, Downtown Sacramento, Old Town Sacramento, Sacramento Convention Center, State Capitol Building, Sacramento Zoo, Arco Arena, Sacramento River, Elk Grove Regional Park, Old Town Elk Grove, Raley Field, Grand Island Mansion, Wineries, Cosumnes River College, Cal Expo, Harvest Festival, Memorial Auditorium and Esquire IMAX Theater. We are confident that your stay in Elk Grove will be a pleasant experience, so Stay Smart! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.