“Dan C” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Elk Grove
Atwater, California, Usa
“Dan C”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Hotel is in a great location. I called to make my reservation, instead of on-line because I smoke and I have had gotten to the Hotels before and then was told there were no smoking rooms. I got here and they didn't have me as smoking, but I was able to get a smoking room. The room was clean, bed comfortable and have sleep number control, staff very helpful and friendly . Breakfast was good, but I was given a choice of my AARP rate or a free breakfast, can't have both, next time a will take the AARP rate. Great restaurants within walking distance. Bar small but Vanessa was very friendly and told me about some of the places around the area to visit., Will stay there again

Room Tip: If smoke, great place, not many left, but after you make your reservation, call and make sure you ha...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Redwood City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Very clean, modern and exceeded my expectations. Breakfast was above average and the hotel staff was professional and courteous. Hotel was in the middle of a nice area full of restaurants, gas stations and easy freeway access.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hello my name is Mark Fitzgerald, I am the General Manager of the Hilton Garden Inn in Elk Grove. I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I print every review and share them with my team in our daily team meetings. If there is any other feed back you would like to give me or think of any way that we could have made your stay better please feel free to call me at 916-691-1900. I am always looking for ways to improve our service and our hotel.

Thank you for your feed back regarding our restaurant too! We are all foodies around here so the quality of the food we serve is highly important to us. An off the menu breakfast item that we offer as special sometimes that no one else in the area offers is a fresh made to order breakfast sandwich, it's a lightly toasted and buttered fresh chibata roll topped with fresh ham, a well cooked fried egg, crisp pepper bacon, and mild American cheese. It is absolutely amazing. It's an off menu item but our chef would be happy to prepare it for you. As a matter a fact if there is ever anything you want that you don't see on our menu please ask our chef's are some of the most talented in Elk Grove and they would be happy to show off their culinary skills.

Have a wonderful day and thank you again for your feed back!

Mark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights, and my favorite part was the customer service. The employees are very kind and friendly. I brought my bathing suit so I could spend some time in the outdoor hot tub, but it was always in use by a few different groups, just spending hours in there with beer and not caring if someone else wanted to spend a little time in the hot tub. It would also be nice if they could include the breakfast (It was $10.95 or something like that for breakfast, per person). BUT, if you go right across the street, to Mimi's, their breakfast is cheaper and it's delicous. I'm serious. Don't bother with the hotels hot breakfast, unless it's included in the price.
At times, especially in the evening, in the lobby, there was a table with coffee, tee and water, and fresh cookies. It was very nice, and they also have a bar you can lounge with friends at.
The hotel has only 4 smoking rooms, and I got one. Initially, there was no ash tray so we used a cup with water in it, but after housekeeping came the next time, they left a clean ash tray and matches for us. The keurig was nice, and I went down to the lobby to snag some french vanilla creamer cups.
The beds were comfy, and come with the sleep number option. However, I couldn't figure out if it made a difference.. so, I wasn't sure if it worked or not.

The location of the hotel is great, with awesome stores and restaurants within walking distance. The airport is about a 30 minute drive. I printed out my boarding passes on their computer/printer for free, and it was very convenient.
I was pretty satisfied with the choice to stay here!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a Trip Advisor review! My name is Mark Fitzgerald, I am the General Manager of the Hilton Garden Inn in Elk Grove. I truly appreciate all of your feed back. My team was really appreciative of your kind words regarding their great customer service when I read your review to them in this mornings team meeting.

I apologize if the spa was full whenever you came down to use it. With all of this great weather we've been having it's became a popular spot to enjoy a drink and relax in the evenings. I appreciate your feed back regarding our breakfast, please let me know the next time you are in town as I would love to treat you to our breakfast. I know that someone hotel brands such as Holiday Inn Express and Hampton build breakfast into their rate, Hilton Garden Inn doesn't. We prefer to not charge our guests for breakfast if they are not going to eat it. For our guests that do want it, it can be added to your regular room rate as part of our Bed and Breakfast package for only $5 more when you make your reservation.

Something that sets our hotel's restaurant apart from the chain restaurants in the area or any of the other hotels in Elk Grove are our Chefs. They prepare all of our food fresh, no microwaves, no processed foods, no powdered eggs, only locally sourced ingredients and produce that is cooked to order so that your experience in our restaurant is as good as that in the rest of our hotel. Please feel free to give me a call the next time you are in town even if you are not staying at our hotel, I would love to have you as my guest in our restaurant, my treat.

Thank you again for all of your great feed back if you would like to talk more my telephone number is 916-691-1900.

Have a wonderful day,

Mark
gaston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have stayed at this Garden Inn before and have found it consistent in over all quality. The staff are friendly, helpful and courteous. The restaurant is ideal for breakfast and it is always a pleasure to get a fresh cooked meal to start the day. The pantry is well stacked and the available Keurig hot drink maker is a great addition--no coffee pots to deal with and this time there was a breakfast tea choice available.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Staff friendly and helpful, very clean and well kept. Good restaurants nearby within walking distance. Room comfortable. I had a King bed room.
Only thing I wasn't fussy about is fan in bathroom can't be turned off and they use a motion switch to turn lights on in bathroom. It can be awkward to turn on in dark. They probably had too many people just leaving the light on all the time.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Murrieta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I wanted to commend the staff for being so helpful, and at the same time remind the hotel residents to be more thoughtful of your neighbors. Unfortunately, the first night, we had less than thoughtful neighbors. Their children left the TV on the cartoon channel and the family left the hotel. At 2AM, my husband called the night desk clerk to ask if they could do anything (at that time we didn't know that the family was away). The clerk called the room, but no one answered. My husband called again. The clerk went up to their room and knocked on their door, but no response. The clerk tried one more time and then offered to move us. But we did not want to disturb our other neighbors by making a lot of noise. At 3 am, the thoughtless neighbors and their children arrived back at the hotel. One of the children even knocked on our door, thinking it was their room. None of the adults had any concern for those who were sleeping, but thankfully, by 3:45 all was quiet. The next morning we asked to be moved and were graciously given a quiet room and a peaceful rest the next night. Kudos to the night desk clerk's efforts on our behalf. Both rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff were extremely accommodating and friendly, and we definitely would choose their establishment again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Excellent service, sleep, and comfort. Quuet room on top floor and firm relaxing bed. Should always be your stop in the area. Close to many dining options.
Staff was friendly and helpful. No ask was too difficult.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove? Share your experiences!