“Clean, friendly and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Elk Grove
“Clean, friendly and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights, and my favorite part was the customer service. The employees are very kind and friendly. I brought my bathing suit so I could spend some time in the outdoor hot tub, but it was always in use by a few different groups, just spending hours in there with beer and not caring if someone else wanted to spend a little time in the hot tub. It would also be nice if they could include the breakfast (It was $10.95 or something like that for breakfast, per person). BUT, if you go right across the street, to Mimi's, their breakfast is cheaper and it's delicous. I'm serious. Don't bother with the hotels hot breakfast, unless it's included in the price.
At times, especially in the evening, in the lobby, there was a table with coffee, tee and water, and fresh cookies. It was very nice, and they also have a bar you can lounge with friends at.
The hotel has only 4 smoking rooms, and I got one. Initially, there was no ash tray so we used a cup with water in it, but after housekeeping came the next time, they left a clean ash tray and matches for us. The keurig was nice, and I went down to the lobby to snag some french vanilla creamer cups.
The beds were comfy, and come with the sleep number option. However, I couldn't figure out if it made a difference.. so, I wasn't sure if it worked or not.

The location of the hotel is great, with awesome stores and restaurants within walking distance. The airport is about a 30 minute drive. I printed out my boarding passes on their computer/printer for free, and it was very convenient.
I was pretty satisfied with the choice to stay here!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a Trip Advisor review! My name is Mark Fitzgerald, I am the General Manager of the Hilton Garden Inn in Elk Grove. I truly appreciate all of your feed back. My team was really appreciative of your kind words regarding their great customer service when I read your review to them in this mornings team meeting.

I apologize if the spa was full whenever you came down to use it. With all of this great weather we've been having it's became a popular spot to enjoy a drink and relax in the evenings. I appreciate your feed back regarding our breakfast, please let me know the next time you are in town as I would love to treat you to our breakfast. I know that someone hotel brands such as Holiday Inn Express and Hampton build breakfast into their rate, Hilton Garden Inn doesn't. We prefer to not charge our guests for breakfast if they are not going to eat it. For our guests that do want it, it can be added to your regular room rate as part of our Bed and Breakfast package for only $5 more when you make your reservation.

Something that sets our hotel's restaurant apart from the chain restaurants in the area or any of the other hotels in Elk Grove are our Chefs. They prepare all of our food fresh, no microwaves, no processed foods, no powdered eggs, only locally sourced ingredients and produce that is cooked to order so that your experience in our restaurant is as good as that in the rest of our hotel. Please feel free to give me a call the next time you are in town even if you are not staying at our hotel, I would love to have you as my guest in our restaurant, my treat.

Thank you again for all of your great feed back if you would like to talk more my telephone number is 916-691-1900.

Have a wonderful day,

Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
gaston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have stayed at this Garden Inn before and have found it consistent in over all quality. The staff are friendly, helpful and courteous. The restaurant is ideal for breakfast and it is always a pleasure to get a fresh cooked meal to start the day. The pantry is well stacked and the available Keurig hot drink maker is a great addition--no coffee pots to deal with and this time there was a breakfast tea choice available.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Staff friendly and helpful, very clean and well kept. Good restaurants nearby within walking distance. Room comfortable. I had a King bed room.
Only thing I wasn't fussy about is fan in bathroom can't be turned off and they use a motion switch to turn lights on in bathroom. It can be awkward to turn on in dark. They probably had too many people just leaving the light on all the time.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Murrieta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I wanted to commend the staff for being so helpful, and at the same time remind the hotel residents to be more thoughtful of your neighbors. Unfortunately, the first night, we had less than thoughtful neighbors. Their children left the TV on the cartoon channel and the family left the hotel. At 2AM, my husband called the night desk clerk to ask if they could do anything (at that time we didn't know that the family was away). The clerk called the room, but no one answered. My husband called again. The clerk went up to their room and knocked on their door, but no response. The clerk tried one more time and then offered to move us. But we did not want to disturb our other neighbors by making a lot of noise. At 3 am, the thoughtless neighbors and their children arrived back at the hotel. One of the children even knocked on our door, thinking it was their room. None of the adults had any concern for those who were sleeping, but thankfully, by 3:45 all was quiet. The next morning we asked to be moved and were graciously given a quiet room and a peaceful rest the next night. Kudos to the night desk clerk's efforts on our behalf. Both rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff were extremely accommodating and friendly, and we definitely would choose their establishment again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Excellent service, sleep, and comfort. Quuet room on top floor and firm relaxing bed. Should always be your stop in the area. Close to many dining options.
Staff was friendly and helpful. No ask was too difficult.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Very helpful staff , as I was in town for a family memorial service. Room photos from other travelors are accurate. Lobby very nice and clean, bar requires you to purchase a bottle of wine, which is a little strange.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Lake Oswego, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Everyone was friendly from the beginning to end of our stay. Rooms were clean and quiet. Bed had an "adjuster" on it to make the mattress softer or firm, but it did nothing in our opinion. My wife had a tough time sleeping on the really firm mattress. Otherwise, great experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove? Share your experiences!