“Incredibly Rude Service” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Californian
Oakland, California
“Incredibly Rude Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have never been treated so poorly and disrespectfully at a restaurant in my life. I was told that the restaurant had only been open for five days, which leads me to believe that it has undergone new ownership and would explain why the prior reviews are so positive yet our experience was so negative. The older man who served us and I believe is the restaurant's general manager was so rude and condescending that my boyfriend and I left in the middle of the meal. From the moment we sat down he was abrasive and demeaning. Finally, I asked him a question about a beautiful, historic-looking building on the Inn's property and instead of answering, he repeated my question back to me, mocking the way I asked it. At this point we had enough of his elitist, condescending attitude and left before we received our main dish. I have never made a complaint about service or sent food back in my life, let alone left a restaurant during a meal. However, we were in shock by the way we were treated and did not need to pay to be treated like we were idiots.

I should note that the younger server was very kind and accommodating. It is unfortunate that this older man ruined the entire experience with his attitude. After we left we went next door to Bridget Dolan's Pub to finish our meal. We had a great experience and the woman who worked there was wonderful. I would highly recommend going there over the new Greenwood Pier Cafe.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Placentia, California
“Good Food - Limited Menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Greenwood Pier Cafe was very quaint and located on the main road through Elk. The menu was very limited with only a few selections. The day my wife and I stopped in for an early dinner (around 5:30), the cafe was already out of two menu items and they were also out of lettuce. The items they did have in stock were very well prepared and very tasty. Service we attentive and very friendly.

Visited April 2013
Folsom, California
“okay meal; nice setting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Greenwood Pier Cafe has a scenic location on Highway 1 overlooking the Pacific Ocean, but the food is just average. Much tastier options available at other restaurants closer to Mendocino. My rib eye steak had less flavor than I expect. Essentially a husband-and-wife operation, with the husband cooking the food and the wife working the dining room. "Traveling the world one meal at a time..."

Visited February 2013
Fort Bragg
“Good food, great views, cool music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

It was a wonderful way to top off our weekend with a Sunday brunch on the way home. The food was very tasty and well presented. We ate outside and the owners were very nice.

Los Gatos, California
“Bland”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We were steered here by the innkeeper at the Sandpiper House Inn (don't stay there). We later found out that the Sandpiper and Greenwood Pier are owned by the same person. We could tell the food was fresh, but it was so bland. The peach crisp we ordered for dessert was a gummy gloppy mess. There was more oatmeal topping than peaches and it clearly wasn't baked long enough.

The menu is very limited: there was one appetizer, two soups, two salads, and five entrees offered. With such a limited menu, everything offered should have been excellent. It wasn't.

Visited July 2012