“Great value near LAX” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in El Segundo
Great Neck, New York
“Great value near LAX”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I was stranded overnight at LAX and needed a last minute affordable room, and booked this through Hotwire at a huge discount. It was 5 minutes from the airport in an area that felt quite safe, grocery and pharmacy right down the street, very friendly staff and welcoming motel. Parking was $5, but wifi was free and worked well as did the HD TV. I did find a few bugs on my nightstand but the management's concern and responsiveness the next morning was appropriate. Breakfast selection was very limited, but room had fridge and microwave. Although the room was extremely small, it was very comfortable for an overnight stay. I would definitely return here, and especially if I needed a shuttle to the airport, which seemed to be running regularly.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Smyrna, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel several times a year for more than 25 years. It's a mile from the beach and a mile from the expressway. The rooms are comfortable and always clean. The service is always friendly. I am hoping that I can make it 25 more years!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco,CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

Stayed for two nights. Check-in was fast and professional. Free wifi a plus. Free parking also a plus. I especially like the bungalow type rooms at the end of the property as they're private and quiet. Very convenient and close to the airport. Room modern with all conveniences, inclusing a microwave and fridge. Limited TV channels but enough to get by. Highly recommended for a short stay.

Room Tip: One story bungalow type rooms on the direction of the back exit are nice and secluded.
Sacramento
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I stayed there for 3 days in December 2011, the room was very clean, the staff was very professional and the premises was very quiet, very close to LAX, overall my stay was good ! My only issue is that I felt like I was OVERCHARGED for my cab ride, I ask the hotel manager to call me a cab and to my surprise they have there own cab service which consist of an old black town car and the driver charged me $ 15.00 for a 2 minute ride ( I timed it !) But other than that it was cool.

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Worst: Very poor shuttle service. They claim to have "free" shuttle to the airport if you sign up for the scheduled pick up. We did. However, it was a nightmare. First, The shuttle was 20 minutes late. Second, the driver charge us $15 to take a "short cut" threatening we would be late for the flight if not paying.

Pro: low price, clean room, close to airport

Con: they charge $5 parking fee per night, just park outside in the street. Old facility, noisy

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
paphos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

outside is uninviting ,but the rooms are very well equipped .and comfy. free transfer and breakfast a bonus but a return transfer is only free at set times.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

This was probably the worst experience in any hotel in my whole life. Avoid this place at all cost. The only good thing is the location if you need to stay close the LAX Airport. Other than that forget it.

Hotel is like a cheap motel, to find a parking spot is almost impossible. We had two separated rooms (one for me and another one for my best friend).

Our room in the first floor was a nightmare with the noise comming from the second floor. Looks like there is some weird people living in the hotel (or at least staying for a long time) because they had a real mess in their rooms (we saw the room inside when they opened the door with our first claim). Noise was coming from high volume music, jumping on their rooms and more. When I called to request another room, the front desk told me that the hotel was full. They tried to call those guys but the noise was exactly the same all night until 4-5am.

The worst part of our stay: My friends didn't rent a a car so they reserved the spot at 5:30am with the frontdesk for the free shuttle to the airport. Well... my friend called me at 6:10am saying that the shuttle didn't show up... so I needed to give them a ride at that time of the morning when I needed to rest for my last vacation day. The frontdesk guy was very rude with my friend and also with me about all this issue with the shuttle.

You can imagine all night with all that noise, weird people jumping, music in the second floor and then a phone call at 6:10am from my friend with the problem with the free shuttle.

Try to spend a little bit more in another hotel, this is exactly the same type of cheap motels you see in the horror movies.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay in this hotel then get a room in the second room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge LAX South? Share your experiences!