“Good service, only shuttle for airport failed to be a good service.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo

Special Offer
Double Honors Points
Ranked #7 of 10 hotels in El Segundo
San Jose, California
“Good service, only shuttle for airport failed to be a good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Good service, only shuttle for airport failed to be a good service. Do not waste your time in waiting it, just take a taxi, you will save huge amount of time. Overall service is good, food is good, free breakfast for Gold Hilton Members, free Internet in room for such members too.

Room Tip: Take a taxi when you arrive to airport. Shuttle service is bad.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

701 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Turkish first
Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was a great place to stay for our time in LA and convenient for pick up by the tour companies which was the reason for our visit. The only complaint was that the internet was $10.00 a day. All the other hotels we stayed in offered free internet access. As did most of the restaurants coffee shops and shopping centres. The Hilton chain can well afford to offer this service to its guests.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stay at this hotel on business about every six months, it is reasonably priced with decent rooms and pleasant staff. Juan, the waiter, is an absolute star, he always remembers me and this time asked after my son who was with me on a previous visit, he is always cheerful and helpful. Very convenient for the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Came to Cali for Christmas to see family, booked here
Had a great stay from the start easy to find, clean, bright,
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE (JUSTIN FRONT DESK PM SHIFT)
Made my stay great help me above and beyond, from places to go to good pizza place.
Thank you Justin for all your hard work the family and I had a great stay.
Housekeeping did a great job, I have a 2 ½ year old and she made a mess eating those cookies from the front desk. So special thank you to (Daysi Guerra and Silvia Rvera)
for keeping the room looking great

THX

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Michigan Center, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The room was clean, staff was friendly and helpful. We had dinner in the restaurant the food was good and they had a kids menu. They have a shuttle to the airport which is one of the reasons for picking this hotel.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a good option for staying near LAX whether for an early flight or a park and fly. I used
Hilton Honor points, but I think their regular rates are reasonable. Although the room was a bit worn, it was clean. The staff was accomodating, putting on feather-free bedding after we had settled into the room. The blankets were quite worn, but I appreciated the effort to please. The free parking is very convenient, including covered parking in a parking structure. The hotel is situated in a business park next to the Mattel company and Mattel child care center. Nearby are restaurants and a large shopping center with a Whole Foods Market. I find this area preferrable to the area immediately surrounding the airport when needing to stay closeby for an early flight. I have also used the park and fly option. The complimentary shuttle bus to LAX is prompt and the driver accomodating. Ask for a quiet room. They can improve on doing some deep cleaning to the room, but otherwise I would say this is a very good option in LA.

Cedarburg, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have traveled the country and have never met with such poor customer service. I spend about 150 nights a year in Hilton family hotels on business. I went to the wrong Doubletree by mistake and requested the reservations be moved to the Doubletree I arrived at. The Doubletree I arrived at on Centinela was more expensive, had a nicer lobby, and exceptionally helpful staff. They had no problem with this request due to my Diamond member status. The Doubletree at El Segundo did not allow the change and were rude in their handling of the situation. Normally, I'm not one to get upset about these things, but I have in the past been able to move reservations as long as it stays in the Hilton family and the cost is not less. Very disappointed night after the four previous days spent wonderfully and relaxingly at the Hilton Garden Inn - Arcadia. They also offered me no options for a grab breakfast on the way out for my early morning flight even though I was entitled to a full breakfast as a member. Even PDX Airport Hampton provides early morning options.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JulieBaylor, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to read about the difficulty you encountered when arriving at the wrong hotel. Even though each property is owned and managed separately, we are all still part of the Hilton family and as such we want to ensure our loyal customers are well cared for upon their arrival. Please accept my sincere apology that this was not conveyed appropriately to you. It is our desire to ensure the full satisfaction of all guests throughout their stay with us, and I am sorry that food and beverage options were not provided to you for your early morning departure. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we will share these comments with our entire team to ensure we remained focused on providing the experience you expect.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo? Share your experiences!