“Convenient, well located, good service, good LAX option” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay and Fly Package
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in El Segundo
California
“Convenient, well located, good service, good LAX option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a good option for staying near LAX whether for an early flight or a park and fly. I used
Hilton Honor points, but I think their regular rates are reasonable. Although the room was a bit worn, it was clean. The staff was accomodating, putting on feather-free bedding after we had settled into the room. The blankets were quite worn, but I appreciated the effort to please. The free parking is very convenient, including covered parking in a parking structure. The hotel is situated in a business park next to the Mattel company and Mattel child care center. Nearby are restaurants and a large shopping center with a Whole Foods Market. I find this area preferrable to the area immediately surrounding the airport when needing to stay closeby for an early flight. I have also used the park and fly option. The complimentary shuttle bus to LAX is prompt and the driver accomodating. Ask for a quiet room. They can improve on doing some deep cleaning to the room, but otherwise I would say this is a very good option in LA.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Turkish first
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have traveled the country and have never met with such poor customer service. I spend about 150 nights a year in Hilton family hotels on business. I went to the wrong Doubletree by mistake and requested the reservations be moved to the Doubletree I arrived at. The Doubletree I arrived at on Centinela was more expensive, had a nicer lobby, and exceptionally helpful staff. They had no problem with this request due to my Diamond member status. The Doubletree at El Segundo did not allow the change and were rude in their handling of the situation. Normally, I'm not one to get upset about these things, but I have in the past been able to move reservations as long as it stays in the Hilton family and the cost is not less. Very disappointed night after the four previous days spent wonderfully and relaxingly at the Hilton Garden Inn - Arcadia. They also offered me no options for a grab breakfast on the way out for my early morning flight even though I was entitled to a full breakfast as a member. Even PDX Airport Hampton provides early morning options.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JulieBaylor, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to read about the difficulty you encountered when arriving at the wrong hotel. Even though each property is owned and managed separately, we are all still part of the Hilton family and as such we want to ensure our loyal customers are well cared for upon their arrival. Please accept my sincere apology that this was not conveyed appropriately to you. It is our desire to ensure the full satisfaction of all guests throughout their stay with us, and I am sorry that food and beverage options were not provided to you for your early morning departure. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we will share these comments with our entire team to ensure we remained focused on providing the experience you expect.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had not stayed at this hotel in years and was very pleasantly surprised. The lobby was cheerful. The staff remembered me and was very professional. They tried to anticipate my needs and were very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The restaurant did not have a large menu but the food was plentiful and very good. I truly enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Room close to elevator was quiet (surprising).
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
JulieBaylor, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you so much for returning to visit us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to the chance of welcoming you back again soon!
Haywards Heath
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here on the first night of a trip to the US as it was convenient to the airport and I did not want to drive too far on arrival. The first advantage of this hotel is that it is close to the airport, yet has free parking, unlike the major hotels on Century Blvd.

Another reviewer described this a solid Doubletree and I cannot disagree. The room was clean, smelled fresh and the staff friendly. The bed was comfortable, although as a traditional double, a little tight on space.

The one issue experienced was that the plug in the bathtub did not prevent water draining. This was reported and an engineer arrived within 5 minutes, and he fixed the issue. That aside, the bathroom was spacious, and amenities good.

The hotel doesn't have a massive restaurant, more an extension of the bar. We did not eat dinner there, but did have breakfast. This was a buffet, with eggs cooked to order. It was tasty and the servers incredibly friendly.

There's not a lot more to stay. The hotel was not outstanding, but there was nothing to fault and the friendliness of the staff was a great selling point. I will use this property again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JulieBaylor, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear RoomForFour:
Thanks so much for your review. We are glad that overall you enjoyed your visit, and we certainly hope to be of service to you again should your travels bring you our direction!
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We spent 2 nights at this hotel with our two teenagers. We were given a corner room which gave us extra space. The draw back is that the beds are double, not queen which makes for less comfortable bed sharing. The beds themselves were comfortable. We were at the street side of the hotel and could hear a fair bit of street noise in the morning.
The hotel is very conveniently located 5 minutes south of LAX with a lot of restaurants, shops and beaches near by. The free parking was a bonus. Breakfast was not included. Workout room is small but had a decent selection of equipment. We found the staff to be very friendly at the front desk. When we arrived with 2 teens we were offered the larger corner room and I had an issue with a new Hilton Honors membership and the staff spent significant time helping me to try and sort it out. A good choice for a quick stay in LA.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

This is a solid Doubletree. Slightly expensive for what it is. Not incredible service but okay. Sheets amazing. Free parking is a nice perk. Feels kind of like a Hampton inn but with cookies and a higher price tag

• Stayed November 2012
JulieBaylor, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear akthree:
Thanks so much for posting a review of your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to the chance to welcome you again soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The room reeks of stale urine and the wallpaper is literally peeling off the walls. I literally walked half a mile just to buy some candles to combat the stomach wrenching odor of the room. I am posting this review on my cellphone over 3G because the WiFi (which I would have to pay for anyway) is not working and may be down for "a while" according to the cranky man on the phone. I bought some soda at the convenience store to keep in the mini fridge, but just found out that it does not work (I'm not even surprised at this point). I laid down in the "clean bed" only to find not one, not two, but three short curly hairs that do not belong to me.

I could not be more disgusted with this hotel. I have half a mind to check out now and find somewhere else.

Seriously, stay away.

• Stayed November 2012
JulieBaylor, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear OnTheRoadMike:
I regret to read that our hotel did not meet your expectations on so many levels. It is clear that you caught us at our worst, and for that I am deeply sorry. Please know that your experience does not in any way represent the level of service that we expect of ourselves and that we do indeed provide on a regular basis. I offer my sincerest apology and hope to have the chance to show you a marked improvement should the opportunity arise.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo? Share your experiences!