“Good Reliable Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 10 hotels in El Segundo
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good Reliable Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We spent 2 nights at this hotel with our two teenagers. We were given a corner room which gave us extra space. The draw back is that the beds are double, not queen which makes for less comfortable bed sharing. The beds themselves were comfortable. We were at the street side of the hotel and could hear a fair bit of street noise in the morning.
The hotel is very conveniently located 5 minutes south of LAX with a lot of restaurants, shops and beaches near by. The free parking was a bonus. Breakfast was not included. Workout room is small but had a decent selection of equipment. We found the staff to be very friendly at the front desk. When we arrived with 2 teens we were offered the larger corner room and I had an issue with a new Hilton Honors membership and the staff spent significant time helping me to try and sort it out. A good choice for a quick stay in LA.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

670 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a solid Doubletree. Slightly expensive for what it is. Not incredible service but okay. Sheets amazing. Free parking is a nice perk. Feels kind of like a Hampton inn but with cookies and a higher price tag

• Stayed November 2012
JulieBaylor, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear akthree:
Thanks so much for posting a review of your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to the chance to welcome you again soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

The room reeks of stale urine and the wallpaper is literally peeling off the walls. I literally walked half a mile just to buy some candles to combat the stomach wrenching odor of the room. I am posting this review on my cellphone over 3G because the WiFi (which I would have to pay for anyway) is not working and may be down for "a while" according to the cranky man on the phone. I bought some soda at the convenience store to keep in the mini fridge, but just found out that it does not work (I'm not even surprised at this point). I laid down in the "clean bed" only to find not one, not two, but three short curly hairs that do not belong to me.

I could not be more disgusted with this hotel. I have half a mind to check out now and find somewhere else.

Seriously, stay away.

• Stayed November 2012
JulieBaylor, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear OnTheRoadMike:
I regret to read that our hotel did not meet your expectations on so many levels. It is clear that you caught us at our worst, and for that I am deeply sorry. Please know that your experience does not in any way represent the level of service that we expect of ourselves and that we do indeed provide on a regular basis. I offer my sincerest apology and hope to have the chance to show you a marked improvement should the opportunity arise.
colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here for three nights on a business trip. Stayed here in years past and enjoyed it. Because I had a pre 6am flight, selected the hotel because of its proximity to LAX. Stayed on the fourth floor and all was good. Love the free cookies and that there are serveral places to get something to eat close by. Biggest complaint was that breakfast buffett was $22 per person. It was a lot for eggs and bacon. The $9 per night for internet was also a drawback. But the free parking, easy access to the 105 and 405, shuttle to airport all made up for the negatives. Will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear dad-n-son:
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to our area. We are so glad that overall you enjoyed your visit, and grateful for the time you took to share your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!
Central Valley Ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night and the first room smelled like urine.... Second room was not much better. There was something either in the AC system or in the hotel carpeting. Ask first if the odor problems have been taken care of before booking here.

• Stayed August 2012
KerriFranklin, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. Please know that we are working towards a resolution with regard to the odor you experienced in your room. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel has a pick up service from the airport. I asked at the information desk at the airport how to get in touch with the hotel and was told that it was just to wait at a pick up stand outside. After nearly an hour i gave up an took a taxi to the hotel. I later was told that you have to call the hotel to be picked up. It might not be only the hotels fault, but it must have been a communication problem between the hotel and the lax information counter.

The check-in was slow and was interrupted several times by telephones and questions from other guests. I had booked a double room through hotels.com, but the hotel I got was a single room. When I complained the receptionist said that the the booking they received was for a single room. Again, it might be hotels.com making a mistake, but when to persons turn up for a single room it should ring a bell making the receptionist ask some questions. However, they gave me a double room at last.

No maid service turned up the next day.

The rooms are spacious, the fitness center are well equipped an the pool is big. However, there are no free in-room internet and that is not good enough in 2012.

The area is quite deserted for people without a car, but there is a bus stop just outside the hotel. The bus takes you to the airport and from there you can find public transportation elsewhere. However, it takes a lot of time to get around without your own car.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
KerriFranklin, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the miscommunication you received at the airport regarding our shuttle service. We do ask our guests to call us once they claim their luggage for a pick up. In addition, I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations at check in. I will share this information with the front office team so that we may make the necessary improvements required to ensure we not only meet but exceed your expectations in the future. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I attended a Max Entertainment Halloween Party about a mile away and did not want to have to drive back to Long Beach after a few drinks. Check-in was easy, cookies are awesome (which I didn't know was a perk), and the front desk agent was friendly. A free r/t shuttle was provided by the hotel and the driver was nice.

I had purchased a room package that included free breakfast for 2. The next morning my girlfriend and I were a little slow so by the time we got to the restaurant it was 11AM and breakfast was over. Omar was very nice and still accommodated us as well as honored our breakfast voucher. The package was only $10 more than w/out breakfast, but the voucher would have covered a breakfast totaling over $30 so it was worth it. The food was good and Omar was very attentive as a waiter. I even had some of my breakfast boxed up and forgot it at the table. Omar realized this and had the front desk call our room to let us know it was being held at the front desk. Check out was easy and we got a few more cookies for the road. The same agent that checked me in checked me out and was very nice.

The rooms were clean and the sweet dreams king bed was great. Standard check out time is noon so that was also a plus; especially since you don't want to get out of bed with the curtains closed and very comfortable bedding. You could tell the hotel is a little older but they did a pretty good job updating the rooms. I was able to get a parking spot in the lot adjacent to the hotel. Otherwise, there is a parking structure across the street...great thing is they don't charge for parking like the other hotels do (easily $25 per night closer to the airport). Finally, there's a free airport shuttle.

If you are flying in/out of LAX or just need a quick night away, I would recommend this place. There's not much within walking distance but there is enough at the hotel to be comfortable. I will definitely make it a point to try DoubleTree again, now that I'm craving those cookies.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JulieBaylor, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dr. dr_pinna:
Thank you for staying with us, and for your kind review! I especially appreciate you letting us know of the extra efforts of our staff, and specifically Omar. It is such a pleasure to read positive comments directly from our guests on the service they received. Most importantly, I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to have you as guest at the hotel in the future.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo? Share your experiences!