“Great comfortable stay!! Do not listen to bad reviews :)” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hacienda Hotel LAX Airport to your Saves list
Hacienda Hotel LAX Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   525 N Sepulveda Blvd, El Segundo, CA 90245   |
Ranked #10 of 10 hotels in El Segundo
“Great comfortable stay!! Do not listen to bad reviews :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I don't know why this hotel has bad reviews, it has obviously got better recently as I have just stayed there for 2 nights either side of a tour of America, I stayed with my boyfriend and both times we stayed we got lovely big rooms with nice bathroom! The service is great and the people are so helpful when you ask them about transport and ways to get around etc! There is food places such as subway and a superstore just across the road, the location isn't great but literally so close to lax.. The hotel inside main corriders and rooms being carpets windows etc could do with redecorating but not bad for what you pay for! I wouldn't stay here for a long time but for a few nights here and there this place is great! Great value for money too! I am quite high maintenenced so trust me on this great hotel all round had an enjoyable stay in a big comfy bed! :-)

• Stayed September 2012

960 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Turkish first
Edinburg, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is an old hotel with old world charm. There are some eating places attached to the hotel. We ate at the little cafe, which had good food and good service. The hotel has 2 or 3 stairsteps on each level, which could make it difficult to tote luggage up and down. Bathrooms are very small, but everything is clean and well kept. Beds are comfortable, and the hotel is close to LAX, which makes it convenient for an overnight stay. It seems to be a very popular place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here last week on our first night in LA. we were doing a tour so all hotels were booked for us.
From the outside it looked really nice, and the reception are looked nice and clean too.
We were excited as we'd just arrived, but the girls behind reception could barely crack a smile and were not friendly, one of them even glared at me for smiling at her!
We got to the room and noticed the corridor had an awful smell, it got worse in the room, it was mould and damp, not nice!
No coffee or tea, no fridge, not even a do not disturb sign so we had to make our own!
The room just didn't look or feel as clean as you expect hotels to be.
Luckily we were only there for one night, and we left as soon as we could in the morning!
The hotel is in a great location, and the main areas were fine. I think the rooms and staff need to be worked on, as it could be a very nice hotel!
Just to note, if your using the west tower stairs be careful, it smells strongly of wee, and the stairs are cracked and look pretty dangerous!

• Stayed September 2012
Antwerpen, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

They charged more than the rates on the internet! When I mention this to the reception, they didn't believe me. I paid $20 more than the rates on their site.
Also they tried to charge the parking fee twice.

The staff is not helpfull. We didn' t get a map nor info about LA. They don't take the time to give good directions, we were looking for the hollywood sign and the gave totally the wrong information.

The room was clean but the carpet was sticky and the windows are full with mold!!
I found the rooms musty, run down and seedy. There was also a lot of noice of the airport.

Look elsewhere!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
El Segundo, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I arrived at LAX and had to wait for 40 minutes for the shuttle. ( I called them at 11pm when there wan't much traffic.) The key card didn't work well in the door. There weren't any cups in my room. They eventually brought some up, but it took a long time. The toilet broke at 1:45am and I called the front desk. I asked them to fix it in the morning. When I left at 8:30 I reminded them that it was broken. I came back at around 3pm and they stilled hadn't fixed it. I didn't book the room through them, so I can't even get a discount. I will never stay here again. For the price I paid, I didn't expect a fancy room, but I never imagined that I would have so many problems.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona, USA (The Desert!)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Well, I decided to book a room off HotWire, and this place was the room that my wife and I had picked for us. Eh, for seventy four bux a night, might as well give it a go.

As soon as I found out where we were staying, I went to TripAdvisor, and I read some of the reviews. Well, needless to say, I wanted to not tell my wife about where we were going, because I knew she'd TA the hotel too. She used a prybar and got it out of me, and then checked - yup, I heard about how cruddy of a hotel it was going to be for the next week and a half. :/

We got here (we are still at the hotel as of the time of writing, BTW) and found the checkin folks to be average - not rude or obnoxious, but not outstanding either. Hey, it's California, it's LA - that's the atmosphere here. (Try the Starbucks across the street - all day, they seem like they just got out of bed, not happy to see you! :) ) Anywho, we got the room keys - 29th floor of the South tower (actually the 9th floor in building 2, but they call it the 29th floor).

We walked across the bridge with our luggage to the South tower, and got to the Elevators. I think the hamsters were tired that day, because the elevators took a good 5 minutes to get to us. Once we got on the elevator, we rode to the top. Please note - the elevators themselves aren't slow. It's the doors finally deciding when to OPEN that is slow. Walking down the hallway, the carpet looked like critters were tunneling underneath because of the ripples in it. The ceiling tile needed to be replaced because of the water leaking through the roof. But, this is an older hotel, so whatever...

Opened our door, and our room was very nice. The sink in the bathroom is positioned most awkwardly, at an angle, yet it still works. I agree that the fixtures and tile need to be redone - they are definitely older things. The bed was very comfortable, and our view of the pool area and parking lot were nice. :) However, it being the top floor - it is a quite a warm room - the heat from the other rooms coming up, heat from the sun blazing down, and it being a south facing room, sun coming in thru the doors. The air doesn't work well, but the outside temperature was cooler than inside, so we would just open the doors and let it cool off the room. :) Again, just an annoyance, but nothing deserving of a lynch mob.

The pool area is well kept up, including the landscape. There is a spa - a nice one, actually! The jets are very jet-ty. The pool is not freezing, but mild. I really like the area. If you go out to the pool area after, say, 6pm, there may not be pool towels, so be prepared to request some from the front desk.

There are two parking lots, and, yes, you pay eight bux a day, but, hey, that's not bad. You're gonna spend four a day on a coffee at StarBucks, so no biggie on eight a day for parking. There is one lot south of the hotel, on the same property as the hotel. The other lot is North of the hotel, across a kinda busy street. I haven't had to park there yet, but I have a feeling I might eventually. :)

It's cool that this hotel is near EVERYTHING - tons of restaurants, up the street from the beach, there's a Ralph's Grocery store (Kroger, Fry's store) right across the street, a Walgreen's next door, several gas stations, a car wash, a Starbucks across the street (for all the caff-heads), and even El Segundo Town center - neat little area. It is literally a 7 minute drive to the airport (SWEET) and there are a few shuttle buses as well.

We haven't eaten at the on-site restaurant yet, but it looks good. They even have nightly entertainment there.

For some "wishes" - I wish they had a coffee maker in the room, I wish the air worked better, I wish the elevators were bumped up performance-wise.

All in all, we needed a place to stay, and this hotel fits the bill nicely. If you're looking for a Hilton or Embassy Suites or Wyndham or anything else, go there, because this isn't it.

Room Tip: If you get put in the South Tower, try to get a lower floor, as the higher floors are hotter and the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bainbridge Island, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The Hacienda has been our hotel of choice for both business and family visits over several years. While we are aware that this is not a 4/5 star hotel we have always been very happy with the facilities and service provided for the cost incurred.
Stayed last week, and cannot express just how disappointed we were.
Coffee/Tea maker absent from the room (upon inquiry informed they were removed last year)...... significant charges applied for simply printing out a boarding card.... need to physically force the elevator doors open on two occasions (not a wonderful experience for a claustrophobic guest.) The public areas, particularly the corridors and elevator areas have a run-down appearance.
Th only plus being the rooms are certainly clean and spacious.
We are so sad to see this happen to a respected and valued hotel.

Room Tip: Our preference is the south facing, south tower.... bit more of a walk from reception but worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hacienda Hotel LAX Airport? Share your experiences!