I have stayed at the Embassy Suites LAX South three times since my March 2012 review, most recently in December 2012
There is a massive room renovation underway, and the rooms that have been updated are great.
They've taken out the silly bar in the front part of the suite, which opens the room up, they've added updated carpet and flooring options, and fresh paint and window treatments, furniture and lighting, so it feels like a whole new room.
If you are in one of the new rooms, it's great. They are doing this in sections, floor by floor, so when reserving be sure to ask for an updated room AWAY from the current construction. The construction is only during the day, but it was still a bit of a racket when I was there in December, and I was glad to be at the other end of the hotel and a few floors up.
Lobby and restaurants are still the same for now, no idea what the plans are there, but they are in good shape, and on par for this chain.
Overall, I was very pleased to see the update to the room with no noticeable change to the rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite LAX Airport Hotel offers 349 newly renovated two-room suites, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, free evening reception*, and free shuttle service to/from Los Angeles International Airport as well as amenities including an indoor pool, fitness center, and business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites El Segundo
- El Segundo Embassy Suites