“Great hotel, great staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South

You added Embassy Suites Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1440 East Imperial Avenue, El Segundo, CA 90245   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking & WiFi Promo
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in El Segundo
Melbourne, Australia
“Great hotel, great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

We arrived at LAX after a very long flight from Australia and went to our hotel, Doubletree LAX, to discover after checking in and going to our room that they had not given us the room we requested. Just prior to leaving Australia I phoned the hotel and they confirmed our booking. The room provided was terrible and I asked them to find another hotel for us. Fortunately for us Embassy Suites South had a room available and we were treated so well by the front desk staff and the restaurant staff. The suite was quite roomy and very comfortable. The bed was great and we did eventually have a good night's sleep prior to our early morning flight to JFK. I wished we had booked this hotel originally as Doubletree staff were totally disinterested in our plight.

Room Tip: Do research and ask lots of questions
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Oakland, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

I stay here pretty regularly when I come to LA because my work gets a great rate here. The place is a little dated, but everything is clean, functional, and in good order. It's close to the airport which makes it great when you're flying in late or flying out early so you don't have to deal with LA traffic.
The frosted windows on the backside are kinda annoying b/c you can't look out, but I'm guessing they're blocking something that you don't wanna see.
Parking in the garage is not free, but you can park on the street (when there is not street sweeping) for free.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
GuestServicesLAXES, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
It's wonderful to see the great feedback, especially from a frequent visitor. We do have the snowed out windows on the back side of the hotel per city ordinance. They look into private homes behind the hotel and require privacy not only for the residence but for the guests of the hotel.
Be sure to request something on the airport side of the hotel if you prefer the view.

Lancaster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

I frequently travel for business, and the Embassy Suites is my home away from home. The staff are very accommodating and efficient. Plus, they always remember my name!

Room Tip: Facing airport - some noise - but windows open
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

I needed a hotel close to LAX, I prefer suites, and I like free breakfasts. This place fit the bill perfectly. Not a particularly new place, so the style was a bit dated, but the facilities were all just fine, and the staff was very friendly and really provided excellent service. My room was a standard suite, with a large separate living area, and all-in-all about twice as big as most hotel rooms. The free cooked-to-order breakfast was great.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing the airport.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
I am happy to see our staff was able to make your stay enjoyable. We realize you have many hotels to choose from in the area and feel the staff experience is what sets us apart from the rest.
You will be happy to know we are in the planning stages of upgrading the rooms in the hotel and hope the decor and room layout receive just as much praise as our staff.

Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

My fiance, myself, and our three kids needed a getaway so we decided to head South and as usual, we stayed in this hotel. It's only about a 10-20 minute drive (depending on traffic) to Venice and Santa Monica beaches. We took our kids to the aquarium down in Long Beach (which was really awesome! and for $115 you can get a year membership for a family) and it was only a 30 minute drive.

We checked into the hotel Friday afternoon and went up to our suite. The suite was situated different than the other suites I've stayed in at this hotel and it seemed smaller. The hotel is very family of five friendly as there are rooms with two full beds and a pull out bed in the couch, which makes for comfortable sleeping arrangements. The actual bed is pretty comfy and my 8 year old didn't complain about the bed in the couch. I had two complaints about the suite (and in the 10 years I've been staying in this hotel on beach trips, I'd say that's not bad) the floor in the first suite was FILTHY! All our feet were dirty from walking on the carpets, and it was really loud because we were right over the hotel bar and right over the driveway down into the parking garage.

In the morning I went down to the front desk to ask if we could be switched into a different suite and explained my reasons to Lupe (the woman working the front desk), she very kindly apologized, gave me a discount on the first suite, and switched us to a different room. No hassle.

You just don't find customer service like this anymore. Thank you Embassy Suites for giving us, once again, an easy, affordable family getaway.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
GuestServicesLAXES, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
I'm so happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Being centrally located to so many touristy areas in Los Angeles is a great advantage for us. It seems your family took full advantage of this by traveling to Santa Monica as well as Long Beach.
Location aside, we know customer service is what makes the difference between a good vacation and a great one. I will share your praise with Lupe at the front desk as well as with the others in the hotel. We are very proud of our staff and it's great when they can receive positive feedback in regards to their hard work. They truly care about the guests and constantly go above and beyond in making sure the guests enjoy their stay.
We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Embassy Suites El Segundo
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

I am delighted to share my recent and consistently favorable experience with the staff and facilities at the Embassy Suites in El Segundo, CA (LAX location).

Sherry, the other managers, and their respective professional staff go out of their way to accommodate me, and my staff whenever staying on business or pleasure in the LA Area.

Please keep the hotel in mind -- it's far better than just a spectacular breakfast.

Safe and pleasant travels!
Bob

Room Tip: Return their smiles
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Ridgeland, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

Stayed here prior to taking the Disney cruise from Port of LA. Hotel is a quick cab ride to Manhatten, Redondo and Hermosa Beaches. Free shuttle to and from the airport. Recommend a room away from runways as the noise was minimal but noticeable in the early hours.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South? Share your experiences!