“Wonderful place for after-flight break” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in El Segundo
Graz, Austria
“Wonderful place for after-flight break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel is situated very close to Los Angeles International airport, but we felt ourselves like we stayed in a country-side hotel: it was very quite, we heard no noise from airplanes, two squirrels played tag at a tree under our window. It's a wonderful place for after-flight break.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Indonesian first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Thanks to united airlines delays and flight cancellations, I ended up in LAX at 11 p.m. and unable to get to my destination. I booked a room and asked for a quiet room as I was exhausted from travel and still had another week to go. My request was accommodated. The room was large and very comfortable. The next morning I got through security and was about to have breakfast when I noticed I'd left my laptop in the hotel room. I am tsapre so never noticed at security. - I called the hotel and they immediately fedexed it to my next hotel. They even called the next day to see that it had arrived safely.

The hotel is right by LAX and there are many fancier hotels in the area. I would definitely recommend this hotel for quality, service and price.

Alamogordo, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was booked into this hotel when my normal LA hotel was unavailable and stayed for six days. The hotel is a little old but really well maintained. Room and bathroom was very clean and the small fridge was a help to keep some food and beverages. While check in was fast it felt a little rushed and I didn't really get a run down of the hotel amenities so I was a little put off by that but the staff was friendly and a smile goes a long way when you've been flying all day. Location is great being very close to many aerospace companies and it's right off Sepulveda Blvd which is a great location. There is a Starbucks in the hotel and while nice I would recommend walking or driving the two blocks or so to go to the Starbucks that is on the corner. There is also a supermarket there as well so you can stock up on whatever you need. My only negatives was that I didn't find the bed all that comfortable and the wireless internet was pretty slow and I was bumped off a few times. While not my regular LA hotel I would stay here again if I needed to.

Room Tip: While the rooms are quiet you might want to avoid the rooms facing Mariposa Ave as it faces LAX and...
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We booked this overnight as we were coming from Sydney to New York and wanted a break in our travels. It was nice, very clean and everything was as you want it. The room we got was close the elevator, which is always a bit more noisy. It was also quite small, but we just were there to sleep, so it was fine. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed here for a spontaneous trip to LA for a birthday weekend room was nice & clean check in was fast and Stan the front desk agent was very helpful in telling us information about the hotel. I would stay again. Also centrally located.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nidau, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed for a quick overnight after a longhaul flight. Checkin was swift and extremely friendly. The room was modern and sound proof (a must when near the airport). The bed was extremely comfortable and huge. Food from the deli was fast , delicious and good value for money. I would suggest this to anyone needing to stay a few days. I paid $119 per night for a king size room. Very impressed.

Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Because we had a 9 hour lay over we booked a room here. It was VERY clean and surprisingly quiet. The airport transportation was right on time, every 20 min. The room was newly renovated and well appointed with a microwave, refrigerator and work desk.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!