I spent 3 nights at this property. If I had spent only the first night, this would have been a 1-star or 2-star review . . . and maybe it would have been unfair . . . but businesses are defined to some extent by their clientele . . . and just my luck, after falling asleep on my arrival night, a bunch of obnoxious 20-somethings (whom I would later learn were a hockey team) checked into a number of the rooms around mine. I went out into the hallway to tell these loud jerks, "You know, this is a hotel, and it is 11:30 PM and people are trying to sleep, so maybe you could take your hallway conversations into one of your rooms". They did retreat to their rooms, but they were playing "musical rooms" until after 2 AM . . going in and out of each other's doors with the doors slamming. I was in a semi-conscious state and did not complain to the desk, because I kept thinking it would stop eventually, and doing so would jolt me from a semi-conscious state to wide awake.
Anyway, with the hockey team story out of the way, here are some other comments about the hotel:
(1) The towels seemed very cheap . . . thin and almost dish raggish.
(2) The bathroom was clean but the bathtub drained slowly
(3) The pillows were weird square-shaped puffy things; bedding was not especially comfortable; I did not sleep well.
(4) I appreciate that there was a radio in the room, but there seemed to be three volume settings: too soft to hear, suelchy static, and loud.
On the positive side:
(1) I appreciated the free shuttle to/from LAX and that they let me ride it at 7 PM on my checkout day (I had meetings at an adjacent business that day, and then returned to the hotel for the van ride); both my arrival and departure shuttle drivers were personable and fun to talk with during the short ride.
(2) The Internet access was free and was a speedy connection
(3) The oatmeal at breakfast is very nice
(4) Besides the aforementioned hockey team incident, the hotel was otherwise quiet . . . the surrounding streets are not busy or noisy by L.A. standards.
(5) Fast check-in and check-out
(6) In-room mini-refrigerator is always nice.
(7) There is a Ralph's grocery store a 5-minute walk away and a few fast food and fast casual restaurants.
(8) Good work area in the room
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.