“Terrible service ruins business lunch” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Second City Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 130 Restaurants in El Segundo
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grand
El Segundo, California
“Terrible service ruins business lunch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Wednesday of this week at lunch time, I brought a party of five for a business lunch to the Second City Bistro in El Segundo. We arrived at noon. We ordered drinks and lunch right away. The drinks came quickly but the first dish showed up 55 minutes later. The second dish showed up five minutes after that. The third and fourth arrived in another five minutes. The fifth one arrive a few minutes later. The last of my guests was served at 1:10 PM.
This ruined an important business lunch and made my customers late returning to their office.
This poor level of service is unacceptable under any circumstances. I asked twice to speak to the manager of the restaurant but was told he was busy with other customers.
I work for an El Segundo based corporation and we do our best effort to patronize local restaurants when we entertain clients, which is frequently.
Needless to say, we shall never go back to the Second City Bistro after this poor treatment.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, CA
“Great little hidden jewel in El Segundo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Nice place for client dinner. Excellent wine list. Fabulous service!

Singapore
“Nice food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Decided to hunt this place down after reading on tripadvisor

Interestingly, the signboard of the restaurant is not easily seen from the shopfront...

Great ambience, ok service... my waitress was rather interested in chatting with her colleagues than to serve us - but we were ok with that... was quite funny when who i think is 'her boss' told her to come serve us when we asked for the bill in e end...

We ordered 1 beef and 1 lamb shank (house special)

According to my wife, the beef was succulent
The lamb shank was huge!! Like 2 shanks... which is more than what most restaurants offer. It was ok for me i guess.

But all in all, we will come back here if we have the chance...

Oklahoma
“Will go again and again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

Visiting daughter in El Segundo and went there based on reviews. We were not disappointed!
The blackened tilapia that I had was so good, and mashed potatoes were great. My husband had the veal bolognese and practically licked the bowl clean.
Daughter had the grilled veggie sandwich and loved it.
Finished it all off with dark chocolate creme brulee. Yum!

• Visited May 2011
Greenville, South Carolina
“Awesome Food. Great Service & Ambiance. Go there, Now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

I visited Second City Bistro while on a business luncheon during a recent visit to LA. First, the ambiance is fantastic. The inside of the establishment is perfect for a working lunch, while the patio would be great for happy hour cocktails or late night dinners. Everyone had something different (crab cakes, hamburger, sandwhich, salad) in our party of 4 and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food. The service was impeccable, our drinks were always full and the server was attentive without disturbing us. I personally had the BLTA- a delish take on the American Classic BLT with a spicy sauce and a apple vinagrette, both paired well with the smoky bacon. I also had the gorgonzola tomato bisque. This was AMAZING. If you go, you must get the soup. I will definitley be back on my next trip to LA... even if I get a table for 1!

• Visited March 2011