“One night stay at suite” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in El Segundo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“One night stay at suite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

First of all, this is a review on a very short stay. We checked in about 7 pm and checked out at 5 am. So we did not get to use amentities or services outside the room. We stayed in a suite which had everything we needed. Everything looked new and clean, although the bathroom could have more shampoo/conditioner in it. We had just about enough towels during the short stay, so I guess that's why the hotel earned its "green" award. No problem there.

I wish we had the opportunity to use the pool or check out the rooftop terrace. I am sure they are lovely.

One suggestion I would like to make is to have fresh bakery and coffee to go in the lobby in the early morning for the early travelers who won't have the pleasure of enjoying the complimentary breakfast there.

But overall it was great hotel with excellent customer service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
VICTOR R, General Manager at Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hyatt Place LAX/El Segundo, CA. We hope the next time you stay with us you will have more time and be able to take advantage of some or our amenities, like outdoor pool and spa or the 24 hour fitness center. Although we do not have a rooftop terrace we do have two outdoor patio areas with fireplaces where our guests can enjoy the great Southern California weather. We look forward to staying with us again when you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Mililani
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

after our two days in anaheim we switched over to this hotel since it would be close enough to manhattan beach, universal not to far and the touristy areas. parking is free, clean parking lot, clean hote,l clean rooms, the staff was just great Diana, Violet, Janesy I think thats the spelling
the breakfast room is manned by keena she is a hard worker, and Julian another nice young man and hard worker. the other front desk staff are also hard workers, polite, professional and
really attentive to your needs. breakfast is free, parking free, nice lobby and eating areas.

breakfast consist of bagels, bread, waffles, eggs, sausage, cereals, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt and other items, they also change up the menus, and times depending if it is weekend or weekday
there are also breakfast sandwiches already put together, you can also ask for take out containers. my family really enjoyed this hotel they said that it really was convenient to alot of places, but thats because we had a car, dont know what it would be like without a car. there is also a free shuttle service to airport, I also heard they would take you to car rental.

this hotel also has a very good housekeeping staff always available, you can always get extra amenities or towels, blankets, sheets from staff.
the restrooms downstairs are also very clean and well kept for all the guest.

our room was large with two queen beds and a large sofa, large tv, lots of counter space to put your things on even a ottoman like table, fits four adults very well, and I believe this was a standard size room. there was a partition between one of the beds and sofa giving it a private feel like a semi separate room.

the hotel value also was excellent especially with free parking, breakfast and wifi, only thing
our tmobile connection was not working in our room second floor, but my kids at&t connection worked well. downstairs my tmobile connection worked, but that is not the fault of hotel I think tmobile needs more towers. will definetly recommend this hotel to everyone, the beds were comfortable, water pressure good, ac worked well, hallways clean elevators fast, all the staff members including shuttle driver terrific.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We are delighted to read about your great stay at the Hyatt Place LAX/ El Segundo, CA. Thank you for commending the staff for being friendly and professional. We are glad to read that you were able to utilize some of our free amenities, WiFi, parking and breakfast, and that you found the Hyatt Place's location to be convenient to Manhattan Beach, Universal Studios, and many other Los Angeles attractions. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Ellicott City, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Let me start by saying the staff that was there was fantastic. But having me come down to the front desk for extra blankets that should probably have been in the room in the first place does not bode well. The rooms look really nice, but the sliding glass bathroom door is noisy and does not block light. That's fine if you're staying in the room by yourself, but there is no such thing as a quiet trip to the bathroom that doesn't wake up everyone else in the room. Also, we had troubles with our keys not getting activated. And there should probably be more power outlets in the otherwise really nice lounge. Morning breakfast was excellent. The location is actually surprisingly good, very close to the airport but also close to decent services. Check out the American Driving Museum, right around the corner.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your great comments about our staff and our convenient location. Thank you for sharing your suggestions and observations regarding the extra blankets in the room and more power outlets, we are always looking for ways to improve the guest's experience. We hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the LAX area.
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Facility-wise, I hear this is a newer building and it doesn't show any wear so far.

Location is very convenient to LAX and the surrounding Manhattan Beach area (5 mins from each). Close enough to be convenient but far enough to be away from the noise and the craziness. Also offers free parking unlike the hotels along Century.

It is well staffed - many Hyatt Places only have one lone poor soul manning the entire front/lobby area after 10 pm but this one had at least two employees that I could see, maybe more.

I wasn't fortunate enough to get one of the suites (it's rare that a Hyatt Place has suites, so I was curious) but my Diamond status got me a corner room on the top floor - very quiet and isolated from the other rooms. I liked the layout - instead of the bed being in a straight line from the door, it was tucked around the corner from the work area and faced the windows.

Breakfast left something to be desired, however. Operating hours were until 9:30 on weekdays and we got down there just before 9:00. They had a handful of breakfast sandwich halves, but not much else. Fruit was out, bread was out, juice was out, and the dining area was a mess in general. Hot water was out too. They were handing some items out on a by request basis, for example one guy asked for a bagel and a guy came out of the kitchen with one for him. So they weren't planning on restocking I guess.

I like the fresh and bright design and the space of Hyatt Place compared to standard rooms at Hyatts or Hyatt Regencies, but I gotta say with Diamond status you'd be better off during breakfast at a full service property instead of fighting for scraps at the complimentary breakfast... :)

This property is much better than the Hyatt House nearby and pricing is similar enough so go with Place over House in the LAX area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the light rail/street
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to read that you found our location very convenient and the fresh and bright design. Your observations with breakfast was shared with the staff, our breakfast is served from 6:00am to 9;30am Monday through Friday and from 6:00am to 10:00am on Saturday and Sunday with fresh breakfast items being replenished until the end. We hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Newspaper under my door, hot, fresh breakfast every morning, super clean common areas, and rooms, well maintained fitness room, laundry room, super pool, and very friendly front desk. This was very close to everything, and a short drive to all of the great Los Angeles hot spots. LOVED IT!!!

Room Tip: I love the two queens with the sleeper sofa. Great for a family of 5.
Green Features: Good practices, they follow the 'hang a towel' procedure if you'd like to re-use your towel, and will make the bed with the same bedding unless you ask.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel lives up to the Hyatt standards....wonderful beds, pillows, and room amenities. They have shuttle service to LAX, but no 'park and fly' program. The breakfast and coffee (with plenty of 'to go' cups) are good, and there are real food snacks and a small bar right next to the check-in counter. The one small issue I have had on my previous stays....when I have been checking in, there was only one staff person available at the check-in desk.....and that person was also trying to help customers at the bar/food area. Seems like the 3-8pm shift needs at least 2 people to move things along. On my first visit, there were about 8 people waiting in line to check in with only one over-worked desk clerk. Convenient parking. I have, and would, stay there again.

Room Tip: Even though the commuter train line is across the street from the hotel, there doesn't seem to b...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

One thing about Hyatt Places, is that you can expect consistency in their properties and amenities. This Hyatt property is conveniently located near LAX airport. I finished my business early in the afternoon and returned my rental car to National Car Rental and they had the Hyatt Shuttle pick me up there.

My room was like all the other Hyatt Place rooms, spacious, clean, comfortable and with a fridge.

The food there is bistro food, served round the clock. I had one of their new burgers for dinner and it was delicious. Oh, and this Hyatt Place has Stone IPA and Pale Ale at the bar. It's great to find some local beers at each Hyatt Place.

The free shuttle to the airport made for a quick trip to the airport. I'll be back next time I'm flying out of LAX.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo? Share your experiences!