“Great quiet hotel for the weary traveler” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay, and Go Offer
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in El Segundo
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great quiet hotel for the weary traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, El Segundo in April after an overseas trip so I was very glad the hotel was quiet and close to LAX. The shuttle is free and will take you anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel - this includes beaches, LAX, restaurants, shopping centers, etc. The property is right next to the Mariposa Metro (subway) stop that will get you to Hollywood Blvd, downtown, Union Station, etc. for $5.00 or less. I purchased an all day pass and was able to get all over without the need to rent a car, find parking, read maps, etc.

The hotel is a smaller structure (2 or 3 stories, I don't remember) with free parking (no valet either) in a semi-industrial area just south of LAX. There is a small heated pool, a business center with 3 internet-enabled PC's and printer, a small gym and laundry. Each room included a ref and microwave, flat panel TV with multiple HBO channels, a nice comfortable bed with great pillows, desk with a wonderful chair and Ethernet cable Internet access. There were also blackout curtains that really worked.

There were some noise issues. I had a room near the Metro station so you could occasionally hear the trains coming and going, there was some between room noise (shower and toilet) and there were those pesky under-window heater/air conditioners that make a lot of noise.

Breakfast was available on-site but wasn't included in my room rate. I went out to get all my meals so I can't comment on the quality or price of the restaurant offerings.

I flew from Asia to LAX so I was very weary when I finally arrived at the hotel in the evening but, fortunately, check-in was very quick and I was in my room in no time. In all, I was very pleased with the entire experience; while at the airport I called the hotel and the shuttle picked me up in front of the Tom Bradley International Terminal (lower level, middle island) in about 10 minutes and after a short and very pleasant ride I was at the hotel and soon after I was taking a much needed swim in the pool.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone flying into or out of LAX. The shuttle, I believe, runs 24 hours a day and after a long day of flying this property is a welcome retreat. My only complant was with some noise - between rooms and metro - but this is not enough to suggest going somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

Staff is super friendly and takes care of you. Rooms are clean and neat. Free Internet access and free parking show that this hotel understands the importance of not nickle-and-diming you at every opportunity. Breakfast staff is very friendly and makes you feel at home. Well done.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

stayed here because i am familiar with the area and arrived late from LAX. They have a shuttle to the airport and the Metro is across the street from the hotel from where I guess you can travel all over the LA area. The hotel is very close to Hollywood, Santa Monica, Venice, Marina del Rey and just outside LAX., Food great, Rooms neat, comfy and did I say neat and comfy. I will make this my home base in LA. The business center was ideal, the breakfast ideal, the waitstaff and cook perfect. The hotel was very accommodating and just what I needed for a quick getaway to LA. I drove and parked outside, there are some restaurants nearby (must drive) and as I indicated right off the 105 near Sepulveda and the 405. I will make this my base in LA for sure.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Canterbury UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

I chose this hotel because of the excellent reviews on this site, and I wasn't disappointed. I arrived early in the day, but was checked in very efficiently without any delay. The room was pleasant and clean, the bed extremely comfortable. In room Internet access was very straightforward, and the business centre allowed me to check in for my flight and print a boarding pass. I even used the (small but functional) gym, and the coin operated laundry facilities on the ground floor. On the day of my departure, I sat by the pool (very pleasant indeed), and had an excellent breakfast in the hotel lobby area. All of the staff I encountered were highly professional and courteous. I will definitely stay here again next time I'm passing through LAX.

NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

The hotel is "remotely located" - a long two block walk brings you right to Sepulveda. The check-in process was effortless (thank you Alice!), the rooms clean and functional, good Internet connection. Liked having the sofabed and the refrigerator in the room - apparently Alice upgraded me to an Executive Room.

Staff is friendly, responds to questions and issues immediately (I had a slight issue with being overcharged). Restaurant is good.

Just ask for a room that does not face the rear parking lot - other wise you hear the Metro trains and its accompanying announcements well into the night.

Would definitely stay here again.

East of London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

Good service, and a good evening meal, there is not a lot of place around this hotel. So having a restaurent, saves having to go looking for one.
Not a lot of aircraft noise but its close to the airport and the metro is next door.

ftbmrkite
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

Wonderful place that is actually very close to the beaches and easy on and off the highway. They also have a shuttle that will take you to the beach. Overall, I had a great uneventful stay. Staff was also great.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#88 of 339 in Los Angeles
4.0 of 5 stars 2,441 reviews

Been to Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!