“Great Hotel To Stay, Wonderful Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Park, Stay, and Go Offer
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in El Segundo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gold Coast Australia
“Great Hotel To Stay, Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and rate the hotel 5 stars - the room was spacious, we had new double beds, very clean and the room has everything we needed - microwave, Keurig coffee machine, iron and ironing board, hairdryer etc. Most of all the staff from Jason, Enriquetta, Justin at the front desk to Nestor in the restaurant were very warm and helpful. There was only a 15 minute wait at the airport when we arrived for the hotel's own shuttle bus driver to pick us. We also enjoyed the delicious breakfast in the morning with omelette cooked to order and fresh fruits, muffins, waffles and all kinds of cereals too. It was one of the best breakfasts we ever had in a hotel.

The hotel was walking distance to the Mariposa Metro Green line which we took to go downtown and to Ralph's supermarket and some local restaurants. We tried El Pollo Loco which we liked so much that we had it for lunch and dinner.

The hotel also had an excellent fitness room with Precor machines, laundry room and a 24 hour business centre with 3 computers to use. They also had free internet in rooms too. In the evenings at 5pm, they had freshly baked welcome bars at the front desk every day and a great set up for free coffee, tea at the foyer.

We will definitely be back and recommend our family and friends too!

Room Tip: Request for a room away from the Metro which we had and it was really quiet!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We arrived in the early evening and appreciated the online/on app check-in! I chose a room on the 3rd floor and on the west side of the hotel, mostly because of past reviews. I wanted a quiet room. I would imagine that the rooms on the "inside", overlooking the pool would also be quiet. Our room was nice. It was clearly older, but that didn't really matter because it was clean and very quiet. The value for what you get is great! Bonus and appreciated benefit was that there was no charge for parking (hope they keep it that way). We had a fabulous dinner at Pancho's in Manhattan Beach (super close) and it was a quick, easy hop onto the freeway in the morning! We would stay here again for sure. =)

Room Tip: West side, 3rd Floor was nice and quiet and we took the stairs (much better, easier than elevator).
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

A pleasant and friendly place to stay on a business trip. The normal Hilton-style room, with everything you'd expect to find. I chose this hotel because it had a restaurant onsite - when I'm travelling on my own, I usually don't want to go wandering around at night to find somewhere to eat. However the food choices were rather limited. Most of the options were heavily wheat-based - sandwiches, pasta, panini etc. - and I struggled to find anything that appealed to me. I chose the Asian ribs which unfortunately were smothered in a thick, over-seasoned sauce (with maybe some MSG in it) but I was hungry so I scraped off as much as I could and ate the meat, which was well-cooked. The "multi-grain" rice was delicious and the wait staff were very attentive and helpful. Breakfast was adequate, but costs $11.95, with a hot food station serving omelettes, eggs, bacon, etc. however I really did not understand why the server took the potatoes out of the hot chafing dish for each order, put them on a plate and let them sit there while the chef cooked the eggs - they weren't very warm by the time my eggs were done! Also, the strawberries had not been prepared very well, with bruised, bad-tasting sections left on them. (I would have cut these sections out if I'd been preparing the fruit at home - they're easy to see because of the color.) I don't think it was worth the price.

The internet was free - all room guests get free access, despite what an earlier reviewer said - you just have to choose the relevant option on the access page. HOWEVER it was chronically slow on the day of my arrival. I had a bunch of business to do online, and found the slow speed really hampered me, it was terribly frustrating. I tried to disconnect from the wifi and rejoin as I was prepared to pay $4.99 for high-speed access, but could not find out how to do it. I gave up at that point, and thankfully it was running a bit faster the next morning.

One thing that really annoyed me is that I called down to arrange a late checkout - 1.30pm - as I was jet-lagged so wanted to sleep in a little, and then had an important meeting via Skype. "Yes, of course, that's fine, I'll note it on our system" said the person on reception. So why was housekeeping hammering on my door at 8.15am? And then again at 12.45pm? I found that extremely annoying. This is a hotel that caters to business guests, and they need to respect that.

There is a small mall nearby with a Fedex, AT&T, and small takeaway restaurants but I didn't try any of those.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room on the 3rd floor overlooking the car park. A bit of a walk from reception, but it...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We would choose this hotel again. Here is our rating:
We liked:
+++ very good price
+++ very quiet
+++ transfer to the airport (starts at 4:30 am)
+++ transfer from the rental cars if you call the reception (if you don't have an US mobile, make the rental car company call for you)
++ small fridge in the room
++ Business center with printers open 24 hour

Here is what we didn't like:
-- free wifi only if you are a Hilton club member

There is a restaurant the hotel, as well as the option to have breakfast there, both we didn't give a try)

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very nice smaller hotel in a quiet and uncongested area near the airport. Although the hotel does not have as many amenities (restaurants, gift shops) as other larger hotels a little closer to the airport, it is much easier to access and less hectic. Convenient to the car rental locations and airport. There is also a metro stop right next door. Shuttle service is excellent. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recommend this hotel for business travelers and stays before/after going to the airport.

PROS:
-Clean common areas and rooms
-Spacious and well furnished rooms
-Neutrogena bathroom amenities
-DirectTV tv service
-Onsite restaurant - very good food
-Free coffee and water in the lobby
-Nice pool and hot tub area, garden-like feel
-Well landscaped and maintained
-Friendly staff
-Free shuttle to /from airport
-Breakfast buffet offered at $13 per person

CONS:
-Airport shuttle does not run on schedule and you must call for it upon your arrival to LAX
-Not many restaurant choices around the hotel, you are confined to the onsite diner/bar

Overall a good stay, I would return to this hotel during my next visit to LAX.

Room Tip: choose the third floor to be on the top floor. you can do e-check in with the mobile app.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After spending a few days at another chain's suite hotel that was pretty much a dump, my one night at this HGI property was a Godsend. Clean, comfortable, lightning-fast wireless, enough plugs for everything. DirecTV a big plus. Closest hotel of its type to LAX. And very friendly staff throughout, from front desk to back-of the-room help. Very popular spot, and I know that in the future if i'm going to spend more than a day in the area ... to book multiple days here, as I did in the past.

Room Tip: Room on upper floor towards the rear.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!