“Rude, dirty, foul pool area!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay, and Fly Offer
Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in El Segundo
Bakersfield
“Rude, dirty, foul pool area!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Our room had candy wrappers and other trash in ALL THE DRAWERS. I literally unmade both the bed to check cleanliness of linens. The pool area had empty plastic cups (8 to be exact floating I the water along with used bandages floating thought the pool and two of the 4 spas. One of the spas would not heat so only one seemed safe enough to enjoy with some skepticism. Reserved room for 5 and paid extra for cot. Of course I had to call to get the cot delivered (an hour later). Again a room reserved for a family of 5...thanks for THREE bath towels. Still waiting for towels. Hope the shuttle to the terminal is more prompt. Or maybe I should catch it now fow my 6:30am departure. Hilton? I'm shocked. I've stayed at Motel 6's in better condition. On the good note? They have us free wifi in room for 3 parties. Wait..,there are 5 of us. I'll be looking for another hotel next time I fly from LAX.

• Stayed July 2014

785 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Clear Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The condition of the hotel was excellent. Staff was absolutely professional and helpful. Lobby was bright and perfect for a short business meeting. The food was excllent, both for an early breakfast and a quick lunch. Food and staff very impressive

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel is great. Right next to the metro, Ralph's down the road, also a sizzler, Carl's jnr.

The hotel itself is spotless, staff are lovely too.

Best of all, every evening they put out fresh, hot cookies which are soooo good and free!

Buffet breakfast here is tasty and great value for money or just head to the ihop a 10min walk away.

Free shuttle to the local mall and beach (drivers are great fun).

Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Charles W, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Madamgeneva,

I cannot thank you enough for choosing our property for your travel needs and for taking the time to write such a positive review. We realize there are a myriad of options when booking a room in the LAX/El Segundo area and are very grateful for the chance to provide you with exceptional accommodations and service. We are extremely fortunate for our property to be in such a functional location. The Metro is always available to take our guests all over the greater Los Angeles area quickly and efficiently. Being close to so many great restaurants and shopping areas also ensures that our guests have what they need close at hand. Our breakfast buffet, I think, is definitely one of the best parts of the hotel. Making sure that each of our guests has a hot and delicious breakfast to start their busy days is something that we take very seriously at the Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo and I’m very happy that we were able to provide this service to you.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me should you be in the Los Angeles area again in the future. It would be my pleasure to ensure that we provide you with the same quality of service and accommodations once again.

Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Beautiful grounds and pool. Loved the citrus water ice cold in the lobby. Great mattresses and extra clean room. Helpful staff especially Luke at the front desk. So convenient to the rink next door. Didn't use the shuttle or any amenities though the restaurant was appealing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

XCaliforniaGirl,

Many thanks for your glowing review! I really enjoy the citrus water as well! Our chefs vary the fruit used daily to make sure that there is always a new and delicious flavor available. I am personally a big fan of the watermelon and mint! I am pleased to hear that Luke provided you with such exceptional service during your stay. He is definitely one of the rising young stars on our team and does his very best every day to make sure that he provides the highest level of service possible to our guests.

During your next stay be sure to try out our restaurant, The Garden Grill! We have a multitude of delicious choices available that includes a little something for everyone. I am personally a huge fan of our Dragonfire Chicken Flatbread. Be sure to ask any of our staff members for their favorites, they’ll be happy to share!

We hope to see you back again soon!

Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We spent a week at this hotel and were impressed at how helpful the staff was to our every need. Our room was on the third floor and one of the largest rooms we've ever had, including a huge bathroom with double sinks. The room was very clean and comfortable except for the Sleep Number beds. We'd been debating buying one and this experience has convinced us not to. We found them quite uncomfortable, which was the only drawback to this hotel. The pool was beautiful and quiet, as was our room. We loved having a refrigerator in the room, which helped for breakfast. We returned our rental early and used the shuttle for the airport, which was right on time. The towels were plush but the toilet paper and kleenex could be upgraded. The AC smelled musty when it cycled on but was fine otherwise.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Badgergirl682014,

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo! It is always our goal to provide every guest who passes through our doors with the most comfortable stay possible, so I am very sorry to hear that you found the mattresses in our rooms less than satisfactory. I will have my engineering team confirm that the bed in the room you had stayed in is working at optimum efficiency and is not experiencing any issues for your next stay. I am, however, very glad to hear that the rest of our room amenities were to your liking and made your stay a great one.

I am also ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed our pool area! It is definitely a blessing for us to be able to provide such a peaceful and relaxing place to beat the summer heat and I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of it during your stay with us.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself our any of our staff members should you be in need of a place to stay in the Los Angeles area during your future travels!

Kensington, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've stayed in many Hilton brand hotels and this Hilton Garden Inn has the best customer service and value of any I have stayed in. It was so helpful to receive an email from Luke E. with detailed instructions and photos of how to call and meet the hotel shuttle a few days ahead of my stay. This also allowed me to contact Luke with a question I had regarding the restaurant, to which I received a prompt and courteous reply.
Every member of the staff I encountered was friendly, efficient and so attentive to the needs of the hotel guests.
The room was spacious and very clean. There is even a sign under the bed that says " yes we clean here too ".
The room was very quiet and it was nice to have a fridge and microwave to use during my stay.
We had outstanding dinner service at the restaurant from Alfredo and the chef who accommodated our change requests to the menu due to dietary restrictions. The food was so fresh and delicious.
The chef at breakfast was so friendly and quick making our omelet to go. The fruit was outstanding and the area was so well kept by the very nice attendant.
It is comforting to know the shuttle service is so efficient and one does not need to worry about getting to the airport on time.
The hotel staff provides such great service you truly feel pampered and welcome which is so unique in the travel industry these days. I highly recommend a stay here!

Room Tip: Just tell the check in staff you like a quiet location and they will chose a room for you that suits...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Abodemom,

Thanks so much for the kind words! Reviews such as these are the greatest reward that we as hospitality professionals can receive as they are confirmation that the hard work that we all put forth each day is having a positive impact on our guests.

From our housekeepers who keep our rooms spotless and inviting, to the restaurant staff who make sure to provide every guest with a hot and delicious breakfast to start the day, to our front desk staff who welcome each and every guest with a smile, to our maintenance staff who make sure that everything is in optimal working order for your stay, and our shuttle drivers who always make sure that you are where you need to be on time, we are all dedicated to ensuring that you have the most outstanding and memorable stay possible. Luke is definitely one of our greatest assets to the property and we are exceedingly lucky to have him on our team. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to him as well as the rest of our team members.

Again, I am very glad to hear that you had such a wonderful stay. Should you find yourself in the Los Angeles area again please do not hesitate to reach out to our staff who would be delighted to book your next stay!

Richland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel is clean, near LAX airport. Free Wi-fi, and parking.
Breakfast is not free, only those who are member of gold card.
I definitely would recommend this hotel. It's a quiet, and nice area.
Plan to stay here again..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Charles W, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Megan T,

I am truly glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and plan on choosing our property again in the future! We realize that there are many options when booking a stay in the area and I am very pleased that we made such a positive impression and will be welcoming you back again! Our staff members strive each and every day to deliver a consistent and genuinely warm experience to each and every one of our guests and we look forward to doing the same again for you soon!

Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of my staff members for assistance in booking that next stay!

Charles.wallace@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!