“Good Hotel – Convenient Location – Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay, and Go Offer
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in El Segundo
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel – Convenient Location – Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is the hotel I always attempt to stay at when visiting LA. It is close to the airport ($20 cab journey), has extremely friendly and knowledgeable front desk staff (always very polite, talkative and a credit to the Hilton brand).

I always book a King Double room, which is specious, clean and comes with a fridge/ice-box and microwave. Hilton HHonors participants also get 2 bottles of complimentary water during their stay.

The only negative I’d say for this hotel is the room décor; it is becoming dated but still very clean and in extremely good condition.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed at the HGI El Segundo for one night while in transit in L.A. for our honeymoon. The location is very convenient for airport travellers - shuttle pick up and drop off was quick and efficient, and our driver James was great! He gave us info about nearby food, and even walked us over to the metro green line (which is very close and convenient) and showed us how to buy the required TAP card and fare.

The trip to Hollywood on the metro was fairly long, but there isn't much to see near the hotel. The breakfast in the morning was good, and the front desk staff was very helpful throughout our stay. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to locations within 3 miles (Manhattan Beach, Airport, restaurants) which is nice.

We'd definitely recommend this hotel if you need to be close to the airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Farmers Branch, TX, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Selected this hotel because of past positive experience in other cities -- we were not disappointed. Hotel is very close to LAX w/ plenty of places to eat only a short drive away. We found the room very quiet and comfortable. If I have to make another trip to LA and need to stay near the airport, this is where I will make my reservation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sauk Village, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I treated my mom for a cruise to celebrate Mother's Day of May 2013. I always arrive one day prior to cruising, so I needed hotel accommodations for just one night. I chose this hotel for price, reviews and proximity to LAX. Although the hotel offer shuttle service, I had a car rental. I found the location of the hotel to be extremely easy to navigate to from LAX.

Upon arrival I noticed the grounds to be clean and offered ample parking space for the visitors. My mother and I were greeted by two lovely young ladies named Taylor and Victoria. Taylor processed our stay and our check-in was prompt and efficient. She was friendly, courteous and offered several suggestions on where we could dine for lunch to satisfy our need for natural wholesome food. We were given room 314. It was very clean, spacious and comfortable. On the morning of our cruise my mother and I dined in the lobby restaurant and enjoyed a delicious buffet breakfast for a moderate price. I most certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was the second time I have stayed at this hotel near LAX, and primarily I picked it again because of the excellent service I received last time. They once again did not disappoint. It is always nice when they greet you at check-in and thank you for your repeat business, and all of the clerks on duty introduced themselves in case I might need something that evening. The hotel is nicely decorated and there's a mini-fridge and microwave in the room for basic things. The only negative I found was that there is no silverware provided, but you can easily rectify that by going downstairs and asking for some. They now offer the sleep dial beds, so make sure you take the time to find the knob to adjust the mattress to your liking otherwise it could be extremely hard or soft. The proximity to LAX and rental car returns is less than 5 minutes for both. The hotel offers a great morning breakfast and there is ample parking throughout.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn the night before our cruise leaving out of San Pedro. When our flight landed I called the hotel to request the complimentary shuttle - it picked us up within 10 minutes. Upon arriving at the hotel the front desk clerk was friendly and had our room available immediately. We checked out the "for sale" snacks near the front desk and found their small wine to be extremely expensive, a hotel employee suggested we walk a few blocks up the road to Ralph's where their wine is more reasonably priced. There is not a lot to do within walking distance around the hotel, but a walk to the grocery store felt good. There is a light rail immediately outside the hotel, I cannot speak to that as we did not try it. We did eat supper in the hotel restaurant, it was excellent and the server was very good. We found our room to be quiet and comfortable. As part of Hilton Honors we were given complimentary breakfast in the morning - that was very impressive! Nobody was in the dining room when we arrived so I was able to walk right up to the counter and place my order for an omelette and crisp bacon. When it was time to head out for our cruise, the front desk called for a taxi and it arrived almost immediately - I think we paid around $55 for the taxi to San Pedro, and that did include a tip. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockledge, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My family stayed at HGI last night. We had an early flight this morning and wanted to turn in the rental car the night before.

When we arrived, our 2 queen bed room was no longer available due to a hockey team arrival. The friendly staff quickly got us into a family room with a king and a pull out couch.

I was pleased that the window air conditioner unit was not incredibly loud. Even though we were worn out from 10 fun-filled days in the LA area, it did not keep us awake (like at a couple of other hotels).

The staff was great and we were glad to happen upon freshly baked cookies as we left to return our rental car.

It is not the closest hotel to the airport, however, we were there in no time....10 minutes flat. Nice shuttle driver was very helpful!

Next time, I hope the hotel is available for both our arriving and departing nights!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!