“One hiccup but great afterwards” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay, and Fly Offer
Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in El Segundo
Los Gatos, California
“One hiccup but great afterwards”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I've stayed here before and always had good experiences but this is the first time where I decided to use the shuttle service from LAX. I arrived at LAX and called the hotel for the shuttle - after hearing that I was ready to be picked up, I was put on hold. I was put on hold for twenty minutes which was irritating - when they finally got back to me, they said that they would send their shuttle to pick me up. Well, why didn't you send the driver before you put me on hold since you knew I was already waiting at the shuttle stop?

Other than that, the hotel has been great which is why I gave a top rating - all of the employees at the hotel including the shuttle driver are extremely friendly and always ready with a smile. The room was fine - no noise issues even with the train/rail right close by the hotel. Breakfast was great and the restaurant folks who served us at dinner/drinks were excellent both nights. Room service was quick and efficient the one night I tried it. From a price standpoint, the room price was very reasonable as most of the hotels in the area offered a higher price.

So despite the initial problem with the delay in being picked up from LAX, HGI redeemed itself over the past few nights. Highly recommend if you're in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

817 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We booked this hotel as an overnight stay when we went into Los Angeles to go to the horse racing track at Hollywood Park for the Kentucky Derby Day. It was very convenient to get to, with plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby. Even though there was a train station and the airport close by, it was very quiet. Rooms were extremely comfortable but the bathrooms a little dated. Excellent choice in this area. Breakfast buffet the best I have ever seen for $11.95

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is our 2nd trip to LA in the past two years where we are visiting friends and relatives all over the area, yet spending time at the beaches on our own walking and riding bikes. We returned to El Segundo because its easy to get to, quiet (for LA) and the hotel prices here are very reasonable. The Hilton Garden Inn was the perfect choice with a lovely pool. Since this hotel seem to accommodate mostly business travelers, we virtually had the pool and hot tub to our selves each morning. They also have a very nice outside patio off the breakfast room. The hotel is not large which we prefer and the staff is very attentive. Plus free parking. The town of El Segundo is a few miles away and although small is actually quite nice with cafes and restaurants. There is also a large public tennis court complex a few blocks from town that is lit at night. Continue past El Segundo and in a few miles you are at Manhatten Beach which is one of our favorite beach towns. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pool are nice
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The positives:
1. Close to airport and free shuttle to and from
2. Free shuttle to and from the two local shopping centres: Manhattan Village and Plaza El Segundo. Manhattan Village definitely the superior.
3. Extraordinarily great staff; pleasant, polite, helpful.
4. Value priced breakfast buffet and great quality food for the price.

Negatives:
1. Hallway carpets were in dire need of a shampoo.
2. I asked for a late check-out on arrival at 9:45 in the evening, to be told that they were entirely booked out the next day. When I asked again at noon (my flight back to Australia was at 10:10 PM), they miraculously could extend by stay by 5 hours...for $60 + tax.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed at this Hilton in El Segundo, California after a long international flight from Asia. I was glad I was able to check-in early and requested and got a late (2:00 pm) check out. The hotel is easy to find near Sepulveda Blvd and Mariposa Street just south of LAX. The hotel has a free shuttle that will take you to the airport in about 10 minutes or anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel if requested.

The hotel is only 3 floors with a small pool and weight room on the ground floor. There is free parking, a mini convenience store, small restaurant and the Mariposa Metro station next to the property which, for only $1.50, will get you to downtown LA, Union Station, Hollywood or Universal CityWalk without the need of a car.

The room was, in my opinion, larger than normal. It had a mini refrigerator, a Panasonic flat screen TV with multiple HBO channels and very large, comfortable, bed with multiple pillows.

The only complaint I had was noise. I was easily able to hear my neighbor talk on his cell phone while working at his desk and was able to clearly hear other guests and hotel maintenance people talking in the hallway with the door closed.

This is a nice, suburban, hotel near LAX which is perfect for a night or two if traveling on long flights to or from Asia. I got a good nights sleep because the bed was comfortable with multiple pillow options. The noise from the hall and adjacent room was annoying but is not enough to discourage me from recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We choose this hotel with a free shuttle to LAX so we could return our rental car the night before and just get up and go the morning of our flight.

Definitely a busy and mostly full hotel. But staff was great, shuttle took just 15 minutes in rush hour traffic to LAX and they have a bunch of servers to help with the morning rush for breakfast.

This is a couple miles greater distance from LAX than say the regular Hilton but it's out of the flight path & seems very safe.

No restaurants you can walk to but several within a short drive--including the Proud Bird where you watch planes come & go while you eat.

We'll stay here again next time.

• Stayed April 2013
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The room was good. The shower was big, I have never seen a bigger shower. Plus it had a bonus shower wand. Comfortable bed. The staff was so nice. I was upgraded to a premium room and I didn't even ask. Spacious room. Recently updated. Fresh baked chocolate cookies... I didn't have a chance to experience the breakfast, because I had a early flight. Large stairwells, two people could walk down together ( I know strange comment, but I was impressed by it).

Room Tip: room 265 "special rooms that mimick other higher end Hilton properties", as this is the or...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!