“No car needed!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in El Segundo
California, USA
“No car needed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

What a great location, next to the TRAM, leave your car at home, take the shuttle from the airport
and make your trips with the TRAM, just a couple steps from the hotel! Destinations: Hollywood, Long Beach and more. Market to the left of the hotel 300 yards. Complimentary coffee in the lobby, Restaurant and small bar nice outdoor pool, and the rooms are nice too.
MeuterMedia

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
West US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Whenever I decide to stay near LAX, this is my go-to hotel. It's much more relaxing to be a few miles from Century, just off of Sepulveda, and still have easy access to a rarely-busy 105. There's a market and also some restaurants close to the hotel. Gas stations near-by, too, and they're not filled with possessed rental car drivers crazily trying to fuel up for their returns and make their flights. I've only rented a car when I stay at this hotel because parking is free and so I can't comment on the hotel shuttle service. Customer service in the hotel is consistently good and I've always felt genuinely welcomed by the front desk. This time, the front desk staff person's name was Justin and he was friendly and made sure I got the room that I wanted. Everyone in the restaurant was friendly, too, and the meal was fine. I like that Hilton gives you extra HHonors points for dining on-property. Also I like the two free bottles of water I receive through the program. Helpful to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room. I'll be back, no question. Thanks to all of the folks at HGI-El Segundo for another brief, but relaxing stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Very pleased with our stay here. LA was the start of our 4 week USA holiday and we had 6 nights here. The hotel is very clean. We found the staff ultra-friendly, and happy to accommodate any request. There was one particular restaurant staff member who we particularly liked (and I feel terrible for not remembering his name). He was super efficient, always had a bit of a chat to us if it was quiet and always remembered our drink of choice. If he spotted us arriving in the afternoon, we would ask us what time we were coming down for dinner and he would have our drinks ready for us.
The shuttle bus was great. There aren't many dining options around but the shuttle took us to Manhattan Beach where there were plenty. The shuttle also took us to a few local shopping places and picked us up again. They do have to (understandably) pick up guests from the airport first,so the shuttle may be a bit late, but hey,its free anyway, besides a tip of course!
Our room was huge and clean. I loved the amount of TV channels, and also the free WiFi.
Staying here was an absolute pleasure.
I only have one gripe, and unfortunately it's a big one. We stayed here for our final night in the states before we flew back to Australia, after our initial stay and after we had toured our other destinations. It was a touch cold in the room on the final night, so as we went to bed I pulled up the top covers of the bed. I felt something crusty brush my hand. I looked, and on the top layer, the previous guest had blown their nose on the cover and left it. And house keeping had not changed it between guests. This was seriously gross. It was late, and I was very tired, so I just pulled the top layer off and went to sleep. The house keeping department needs to be told that they need to change the whole bed between guests, but just take off what appears used and leave the rest.
Other than that blip, it was a great stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

But the airport shuttle is horrible. Took 75 minutes from terminal one to drop off at hotel and it was not even Holiday week. Gym is cold but lots of equipment and excellent equipment at that. If you are privileged to be Gold or Diamond with Hilton do not miss out on the concierge lounge. Parking is kind of crazy as it seems like there are only ten spots per floor as you go further in the dungeon. Staff is very friendly and helpfu.

Brecksville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very good experience.
Excellent location near LAX and businesses. Shuttle to/from airport - 15 minutes to airport.
Good breakfast. Did not eat dinner there - too many good places to eat close by.
Very slow internet but free to Hilton Honors members.

Room Tip: All good rooms
Willemstad, Curacao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel for two days (January 6th and 7th 2013) after visiting Las Vegas. The Front desk staff, Barbara, was very helpful. She had an answer on any question we had. She even helped us with a tour we wanted to take to get an idea/glimps of Los Angeles. The Hotel location in my opinion was very safe. Worth mentioning is that this Hotel has free parking!!
I would recommend this Hotel. Love the WIFI. Super fast and easy to connect.
The metro station is just a couple of yards away in case you want to avoid the Hectic Los Angeles Traffic. Although be carefull at night when taking the Metro.

Room Tip: The metrostation is just a couple of yards away.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Every staff member I interacted with was friendly, welcoming, courteous, and kind. I was blown away by the quality of your customer service. The hotel itself was clean, easy to navigate, and comfortable. The food was good for hotel food, with lots of healthy options.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!