“Pleased” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in El Segundo
New York City
“Pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with my girlfriend, we both liked the hotel. It has a spacious parking lot that goes all around the hotel. It gives off this nice peaceful garden vibe when you first drive in, in a quite area but a bit far from a lot of things. The airport is about 10 minutes or less by car.

Upon arrival we entered a real nice, clean lobby with plants, nice comfortable sofas and the restaurant to the left, we were greeted by a nice and helpful staff, we had a bit of a draw back because our room was not ready but after waiting for a bit we were given our room which we loved. It was a nice, clean room with a nice flat screen t.v., wifi, a small office if you're looking to finish up work, everything in the room worked, no problems at all.

We decided to give the restaurant a try for breakfast, the breakfast itself was good, no complaints there, about $11 per person and you can have whatever you please for that price, If I'm not mistake you can even have seconds, not sure about that one. I've had certain hotel food and I have to say that the food at this hotel was good, didn't seem synthetic.

Next time I'm in L.A. I would definitely stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, no question about it, it is worth the money you pay for.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

796 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were very pleased with this hotel and would recommend it. The shuttle came as soon as we called the hotel from LAX and although early, the hotel allowed us to check in , which we really appreciated after a long flight. The restaurant was excellent and we had one of the best steaks of the entire month long trip here. Breakfast also was very good, with hot meals cooked to order and very reasonably priced.

The only drawback was that the restaurant is closed from 12 noon til dinner on a Sunday and as we arrived just after 12, on a Sunday, we went hungry. There is a 'pantry' near Reception, but it's mainly chips and snacks and a few frozen meals (there is a microwave in the room), none of which appealed. Without a car, there are no other food options.

However, we would definitely stay here again.

Kenora, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was blown away with the front counter team, and the cookies were a nice touch as well. The staff handled everything I had an issue with. The pop machine did not have water in it and I could not get my money back so I pushed another pop button. When I went down to the front desk they just switched the pop for water no questions. Gave me great directions to a number of late night restaurants and the areas not to go to. The business center came in handy as well. We will stay here again, in fact need to book our last night in LA for Monday. They have a shuttle service and they said they will come and pick me up at the car rental place and bring me back to the hotel. Awesome

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This property is located in a business area near LAX. In spite of this, we felt it was a good base for our "touristy" travel to LA with the kids. It was easy to get on the Pacific Coast Highway from this hotel and we were able to visit Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, and Santa Monica with no problems. Dowontown LA and all the Hollywood activites were also accessible via the highway.
The hotel was clean and the lobby is nicely decorated. The front desk clerks were all very friendly and extremely helpful. I cannot say enough good things about them. I really believe that the customer service at this hotel is top-notch.
While we were there, my daughter's stuffws animal with sentimental value was inadvertently taken from the room when it got all tangled up with the sheets with housekeeping. We explained our situation to the hotel and to the housekeeper and they made every effort to find it. The next day when we returned to the room, we were greeted with a well-cleaned stuffed animal who had travelled through the hotel laundry chute and washing. We were glad that they took the missing stuffed animal serious enough to find it.
There is a Metro right outside which connects you downtown. The lady at the front desk took the time to explain the route to me and gave me a map. It would have been very convenient, however, since there were five of us, it was easier to use our rental car. In spite of this Metro Location, the hotel was peaceful and quiet. The grounds were beautiful and nicely-landscaped.
The proximity of this hotel to LAX was very convenient on the day we left. It is only 5 minutes away from the airport. I highly recommend his place for travellers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were a family of four who arrived early morning after a long flight from Australia and I can't speak highly enough of Mila who was on the front desk at the time. She was able to upgrade us to a larger room and give us immediate access so we could refresh. As other reviews have noted, there are not many eating options close by but the meals we had in the hotel restaurant were quite good and reasonably priced. We also had some breakfast vouchers for the following morning and thoroughly enjoyed it. All staff were very hospitable and friendly and the shuttle bus provided an excellent service. The room was quite large and clean and the lobby was terrific with the Christmas decorations and had a comfortable lounge area. Must also compliment the gardener on the outside areas and flower beds. Nicely done.There is a Metro station next door but I don't know if I would stay here long term without a vehicle to try and visit other parts of LA. But as a short term stopover close to the airport it is highly recommended.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The location, right next to LAX, is the usual reason to stay here but the place has more than convenience going for it. The room was larger than usual. Each bed had adjustable firmness, with separate controls for each side. Free wi-fi, free parking. Good, reasonably priced breakfast buffet. The desk clerk was exceptionally courteous and helpful. Convenient to South Bay, Marina, Venice, Santa Monica destinations as well as the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Zama-shi, Kanagawa, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The service here was excellent! The complimentary shuttle from LAX was easy and the drive to the hotel was quick. The staff went above and beyond to accomodate our room requests. Everything about the hotel is clean and fresh. The lobby was very welcoming and well decorated for Christmas. The only downside is the lack of cheap food (or anything really) within a short walking distance. There is a restaurant in the lobby, but it's a little pricey. Regardless, the pizza I ordered from there was very good! I wouldn't hesitate to use this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!