“Add safes and fix the beds to raise the rating” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay, and Fly Offer
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in El Segundo
Sacramento, California
“Add safes and fix the beds to raise the rating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The good: great staff (unbelievable really), best breakfast from almost any hotel that we have evey stayed at, clean rooms. Make sure you book breakfast with the room.
The bad: parking (there's only so much room), the mythical adjusting comfort beds (just like unicorns, some people swear that they exist), and no safes. The beds have dials on them which are supposed to change the comfort setting. After plopping down on a rock covered with a blanket (a.k.a the bed), it was clear that neither was in good working order and could not be fixed. Additionally, it is rare not to find in-room safes these days but there were none here. No real beef with this place because is is great in so many ways, just a couple of suggestions that would make them stand out even more. Definately recommended.

Room Tip: second and third floor floor rooms add a sense of security.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights - needed to see family in the area as well as Disneyland/Universal. They could not check-us in to the connecting rooms that we had requested passed 3 pm (check-in time), so we just took what was available. The rooms were nice, standard for these group of hotels. The front desk offered us free sodas/snacks from the shop due to our inconvenience. We had the breakfast plan, and would recommend that to people who enjoy good breakfast. Cook-to-order eggs, waffles, fruits were great. On one evening we drove from Universal around 5:30 pm, it took us 1.5 hours to get back! So, won't recommend this place if you plan to visit downtown and return during rush-hours. Otherwise, this was a fantastic stay and served our purpose. The price, free parking and service is hard to beat in LA.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

FREE parking, excellent staff from housekeeping to front desk to restaurant, extremely clean rooms, beautiful rooms and landscaping, amply parking, conveniently located, incredibly comfortable beds. The only downfall to this hotel is the lack of insulation between rooms. We stayed in a cheaper hotel in Anaheim during this trip in a horrible room but only heard our neighbors slightly. Our room at the Hilton Garden Inn we were awoken during the night by our neighbors on both nights speaking at a normal conversational level. We loved the hotel and the location so we would still recommend.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I love HGI's cuz they are small enough to be homey but still provide most of the amenities I particularly like at a consistently high level of quality and usually at a relatively modest price: comfy beds, nice baths, towels and amenities, frig, microwave, free in-room wifi, good selection of cable TV channels, pool, hot tub and fitness center, on site restaurant and great hot breakfasts. This location is pricier than most --I assume due to high demand by longer-stay biz customers thx to it's location next to a metro stop, free airport shuttle, free parking, heated outdoor pool and outstanding hot jacuzzi plus a full range of cable channels--literally hundreds to choose from--in an area where even 4 star hotels generally fall short on customer satisfaction. By far the best thing about HGI-LAX/ES is its truly outstanding staff. Literally everyone I came in contact with from the shuttle driver, to front desk, to maintenance to wait and kitchen staff to housekeeping were exceptionally welcoming and genuinely warm, friendly and helpful. They also have one of the best hot tubs with HOT water and STRONG jets--so welcome after a long flite or hard day at work or sightseeing. The pool was lovely and clean and warm enough to enjoy even with the cooler than normal evening temps. The cobb salad I had for lunch, tho more expensive than most casual eateries, was huge and fresh and the usual HGI combo buffet+made-to-order eggs for breakfast was also quite good tho again, several dollars more than what I usually pay for the same breakfast in their Florida locations (could've had it free with my Gold status but prefer to earn pts instead). The biggest/ONLY real con is the fact that there are no restaurants or shops within easy walking distance so I would recommend a car for longer stays as their restaurant menu is limited. It was perfect for me use my HH points for a free nite to rest after long flite from China so didn't mind spending more to eat there as it all counts for more points to use toward future stays. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: there is some noise via adjoining and hall doors so pick an end room if this might bother you
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

All the positive reviews on Trip Advisor are true about this hotel!!! We booked a night at the beginning of our L.A. adventure and then again for our last night , to be close to LAX.
Our flight arrived at 11:30 pm, and we were on the shuttle within 10 minutes! After a 5 minute ride, we were dropped off at reception and greeted nicely; even offered a choice of rooms . We chose to be furthest away from the elevators and were assigned a room in the prototype section. This room looked very European , with a beautiful modern bathroom. The shower was a large walk-in type; no tub. There was a fridge and safe . Towels were very fluffy and good quality. No noise issues . As HH Gold members, we were offered 2 vouchers for full hot breakfast, which was a very good perk.
In the morning we took the public transportation right next door to this hotel. For $6.00 we transferred 3 times, got to Hollywood in about 80 minutes, and then still had the use of this day pass until midnight so we did some touring .
After our stay in L.A., we took the Flyaway bus back to LAX, called the shuttle for pick-up and it arrived in 5 minutes!
Another huge bonus of this hotel is that they offer the shuttle to take you within a 3 mile radius, so we were able to go to Manhattan Beach to watch the sunset, eat dinner, then get the shuttle again to drop us off at the mall. We called from the mall an hour later and once again the shuttle picked us up and brought us back to the hotel for the night. Excellent service!
Nice heated pool in a quiet area surrounded by greenery.
Great cookies in the evening at reception!
In the morning the airport shuttle goes on the hour and the half hour. We were waiting at 8:50 for the 9 a.m. shuttle and it arrived right on time.
One of the most important assets of this hotel is the staff! They are so friendly and helpful, and will make sure if anything is not right the will make it right.
Thank you to all the staff for helping make our stays so pleasant!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here for one night, having just arrived at LAX on a long flight. It was perfect for what I needed - somewhere clean, efficient and comfortable to crash. More than happy with my stay. Ac couple of points..

Special mention to the shuttle driver - I didn't catch his name, but he was gold! Good chat, really made you feel welcome. Brianna on reception - also really helpful and welcoming.

Room Tip: Tip: try not to get a room near the elevator. My room (319, I think) was right next door and the ele...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Based on the great reviews here I chose this hotel for my one night stay during an LAX layover. Overall I was happy with this place: it was clean, modern, and had pretty good service. And the free breakfast (free because of my HHonors diamond status) was very good. But one of the main things that made me choose this hotel over the many others in the area that were a little cheaper was the free parking because I had a friend that was stopping by to visit for the evening. Besides the free parking though, I can't say that anything made this hotel better than its competitors. All of the praise here for the staff was something that I didn't see. They weren't bad by any means, but they weren't overly friendly or helpful as others have noted. They were just average compared to what I'm used to.

So in the end I was pretty happy with the stay, but I'm not sure that it was worth the 20 to 30 dollars more that I paid compared to the local on par competition. Except of course for the free parking which was worth probably 10 to 20 dollars.

I would definitely stay here again, but I don't think I would pay more again if I could get one of the competitors for cheaper.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!