“All true!” 5 of 5 stars

Park, Stay, and Go Offer
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in El Segundo
“All true!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

All the positive reviews on Trip Advisor are true about this hotel!!! We booked a night at the beginning of our L.A. adventure and then again for our last night , to be close to LAX.
Our flight arrived at 11:30 pm, and we were on the shuttle within 10 minutes! After a 5 minute ride, we were dropped off at reception and greeted nicely; even offered a choice of rooms . We chose to be furthest away from the elevators and were assigned a room in the prototype section. This room looked very European , with a beautiful modern bathroom. The shower was a large walk-in type; no tub. There was a fridge and safe . Towels were very fluffy and good quality. No noise issues . As HH Gold members, we were offered 2 vouchers for full hot breakfast, which was a very good perk.
In the morning we took the public transportation right next door to this hotel. For $6.00 we transferred 3 times, got to Hollywood in about 80 minutes, and then still had the use of this day pass until midnight so we did some touring .
After our stay in L.A., we took the Flyaway bus back to LAX, called the shuttle for pick-up and it arrived in 5 minutes!
Another huge bonus of this hotel is that they offer the shuttle to take you within a 3 mile radius, so we were able to go to Manhattan Beach to watch the sunset, eat dinner, then get the shuttle again to drop us off at the mall. We called from the mall an hour later and once again the shuttle picked us up and brought us back to the hotel for the night. Excellent service!
Nice heated pool in a quiet area surrounded by greenery.
Great cookies in the evening at reception!
In the morning the airport shuttle goes on the hour and the half hour. We were waiting at 8:50 for the 9 a.m. shuttle and it arrived right on time.
One of the most important assets of this hotel is the staff! They are so friendly and helpful, and will make sure if anything is not right the will make it right.
Thank you to all the staff for helping make our stays so pleasant!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here for one night, having just arrived at LAX on a long flight. It was perfect for what I needed - somewhere clean, efficient and comfortable to crash. More than happy with my stay. Ac couple of points..

Special mention to the shuttle driver - I didn't catch his name, but he was gold! Good chat, really made you feel welcome. Brianna on reception - also really helpful and welcoming.

Room Tip: Tip: try not to get a room near the elevator. My room (319, I think) was right next door and the ele...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Based on the great reviews here I chose this hotel for my one night stay during an LAX layover. Overall I was happy with this place: it was clean, modern, and had pretty good service. And the free breakfast (free because of my HHonors diamond status) was very good. But one of the main things that made me choose this hotel over the many others in the area that were a little cheaper was the free parking because I had a friend that was stopping by to visit for the evening. Besides the free parking though, I can't say that anything made this hotel better than its competitors. All of the praise here for the staff was something that I didn't see. They weren't bad by any means, but they weren't overly friendly or helpful as others have noted. They were just average compared to what I'm used to.

So in the end I was pretty happy with the stay, but I'm not sure that it was worth the 20 to 30 dollars more that I paid compared to the local on par competition. Except of course for the free parking which was worth probably 10 to 20 dollars.

I would definitely stay here again, but I don't think I would pay more again if I could get one of the competitors for cheaper.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Airport shuttle was good, made it easy after a 24 hour flight. Modern hotel, clean, the staff are welcoming and provided good service, well done people! The hotel is also located next to the green line train station. The complimentary breakfast was good in terms of variety and quantity. The business centre was also handy. We had to pick up a hire car from Alamo which we could have done by using the airport shuttles ie both the hotel's and Alamo's shuttle. We chose to get a cab as alamo was also close to the hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days and really enjoyed it. The hotel front desk staff was great as they were very willing to help us out with all our questions. The hotel is close to the airport. We had a rental car that we picked up at the airport and using our GPS easly found our way to the hotel in just a few minutes. The hotel was doing some renovations while we stayed there but it really didn't impact us as they started after 9am each morning and left by 6pm. The rooms were clean and the beds where very comfortable. It is what I have come to expect from a hilton garden inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Williamstown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I am an HHonors gold member and stay in a lot of HGI's. This is the best one I've stayed in. Very clean, great staff, everything in working order and sparkling, and very good food (I had a steak from room service). convenient shuttle service to/from LAX.

• Stayed October 2012
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Great place to stay, close to LAX convenient for travel stop overs. Front desk staff extremely helpful and the shuttle driver will go out of his way to take you to local shopping malls.

Rooms are very comfortable and the restaurant has excellent meals.

Room Tip: We had a second floor room it was quiet, the A/C worked well.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#88 of 340 in Los Angeles
4.0 of 5 stars 2,438 reviews

Been to Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!