“A Great Value...” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
LA
“A Great Value...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I recently checked into this hotel for a three month stay. After visiting similar hotels in the neighboring beach cities, this hotel was better managed and cleaner than the others. It is also located in a less congested traffic area then other hotels with easier and safer in-and-out access.

The spruced up and spacious suites remind me of living in a nice apartment (but with daily housekeeping that also cleans your dishes). Most rooms have views of the pool area and outside fire pit. I requested a room on the exterior side of the building and have a nice view of trees right outside of my windows. The kitchen and appliances are new and very clean, the furniture and bed are comfortable and the bathroom is spotless.

You can’t beat the complementary breakfast each morning, particularly the very filling breakfast burritos and egg sandwiches and delicious fresh fruit. The evening happy hour is nice, but again the complementary food is perfect for those on a tight budget or if you just want to grab an easy and quick bite. Also, the complimentary Internet is a nice way to save some money.

The front desk staff and housekeeping are polite and offer the same level of hospitality I’ve received at Four Seasons and Ritz-Carlton hotels. Overall, the property and staff have exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ResidenceInnElSeg, Director of Sales at Residence Inn LAX El Segundo, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Nath2294:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We value your feedback and positive review.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to attend the breakfast and social hour. I will make sure to share with the entire staff.

We look forward to seeing you again. Have a great New Year!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The staff at this hotel is great. Especially Elana and Fred. They took care of everything we needed. I would recommend anyone to stay here. Great facility.
The breakfast was great. Fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, eggs, oatmeal everyday. Gets your day started right.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear jkn93:

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Our team is dedicated to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable. I am happy to see that Fred and Elena met your expectations. I will make sure to share this wonderful review with them. You and your family are very important to us.

We look forward to seeing you in 2013!

PHILADELPHIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The Staff treated us like Royalty.
We arrived on Thanksgiving and wanted to get something to eat for Dinner.
Of course almost everything was closed but, Staff members Frederick and Andromeda wouldn't quit until they found us a place to eat. They even drove us around until they found the Marriott. This was service over and above the responsibilities of their positions.
I hope Management of the Hotel reads this and appreciates the qualities of these Employees.
I highly recommend this Hotel for your stay
Thanks Frederick, Andromeda, and Residence Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Donald L:

What a wonderful review you wrote about our hotel and our staff. Andromeda and Fred will be very pleased to hear that they exceeded your expectations. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. That means alot to us.

We are glad you chose the Residence Inn Marriott E Segundo as your hotel during the holidays. We look forward to seeing you and your family very soon.

El Cajon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I travel for work, and average about 275 nights a year in hotels, and this hotel is absolutely amazing! The staff is polite and corteous, and are at your beck and call, and will do whatever it takes to make you have an enjoyable stay. From the management on down, it has been a wonderful experience, and i thank every single one of them for making my home away from home very comfortable. The rooms are always clean, and well maintained. As are the grounds, with a service once a week keeping it all in pristine condition. Almost cant wait to get back to work, and see all of you in January!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sup3rman:

Wow! Thank you for your feedback.

Since you travel alot, it is very important to us that we make your stay as comfortable as possible. I am glad to hear that the whole team has exceeded your expecations and that you are coming back in Jan.

Thank you for your support and loyalty. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to make your stay even better.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

In 11 1/2 weeks of travel we have stayed at a variety of accommodations and my reviews have reflected the good, bad and downright ugly. We therefore, wanted to find somewhere comfortable for our last three nights at Los Angeles that would leave a good memory of our vacation.

We found it at the Residence Inn........

We took other reviewers advice and requested an apartment/room as far away from the Metro as possible. We had the furthest room they could give us - how wonderful a hotel that reads and acts upon the special requests. We also had a wonderful room on the 4th floor, quiet and peaceful.

The hotel overall is really well maintained and it is obvious from all the smiles, hellos and welcomes that we received from all the strata of staff that this is a happy place to work and the team know how to provide outstanding customer service. It is the little extra things they do, on the day of our departure there was a strike at the airport so not only did the staff source and alternative route for us to get the hire car back to the drop-off but they also printed the route and map off. At breakfast I was looking for a yoghurt to have with my fruit - before, I could seek out oe of the staff one was asking me if everything was OK and what flavour yoghurt would I like. The complementary happy hour and meal each night was more than generous. This property shines as a glowing example of high standards.

In a similar manner the rooms were well maintained, clean and a great layout. We were able to prepare meals and the kitchen was well equipped. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable.

I will be calling this hotel home whenever we are staying in LA and the proximity to LAX takes all the stress away from getting there on time.

I commend Marriot for having a management and team of the highest order of excellence. You allowed our vacation to end on a high.

Room Tip: As with previous reviewers, request a room away from the metro - it does screatch and rattle in the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnElSeg, Director of Sales at Residence Inn LAX El Segundo, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your postitive experience. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed the staff, the suite and the breakfast and social hour. It sounds like you had a great vacation!

We look forward to seeing you and your family the next time you are in the Los Angeles area.

Sacramento Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Sepetmber 2012. I had the opportunity to stay multiple nights at the Residence Inn in El Segundo, CA. This property is near many aerospace corporations surrounding this property.
Check in was smooth. My room had an odd odor (like the faint smell of a smoker). I was offered another room but it was on the other side of the property. The smell did not bother me during my stay at this property. I believe they provided me with some extra points. The room was clean and everythign was in working order. Not much within walking distance but if you have a car you can do a quick drive to Whole Foods and further up the road is Manhattan Village with both a Ralphs Supermarket and QVC drug store. I did not eat at the morning buffet because I had so many nearby choices and had a full kitchen. The bathroom was clean and water pressure was good. The halls smelled a bit and had an odd vibe to them. Later in the week I stayed at the Marriott Manhattan Beach where I have stayed three times previously. I would say my stay at the Marriott during this week was better than my previous stays there. In hindsight, I would proably stay all week at the Manhattan Beach Marriott versus the Residence Inn in El Segundo. Felt a better vibe at the Manhattan Beach Marriott. But if you want to be a bit closer to the Aerospace firms and want a full kitchen then this property might be fore you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Thanks for making our experience in LA a very memorable one. Your hotel staff is very hospitable expecially Fred who went out of his way to assist us whether around or away from the hotel.The suite was comfortable. The meals were great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn LAX El Segundo? Share your experiences!