“I would not suggest it” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in El Segundo
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“I would not suggest it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We arrived at 330 and the room was not ready .. the person behind the desk seemed to act like it was the norm.. we ending up leaving and coming back.. only to find the room was up two flights of stairs with heavy bags and two toddlers it made the situation a little difficult. The room was a good size but the bathroom was still dirty with other peoples hair on the floor. The few times I did call down for service they were friendly and quick so I will give that to them. There are soo many hotels around here that there are plenty of choices and I would probably choose another one but because of the size and my big family I might.. and I say might with doubt stay here.. there was also some guests that used the room to throw some kind of party and I think the front desk was aware of it but did not seem to mind as they told them to just keep it down at the party.. I would say my biggest complaints was no appology or compensation for the room not being ready, the dirty bathroom, and the stairs. The bed was hard.. just need to throw that in there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
joeyross, General Manager at HYATT house Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

My sincere apologies for your experience at our Hotel. This is not indicative of the way we operate on a daily basis. My Team is committed to Guest Satisfaction at all times.

I am sorry your room was not ready upon arrival. When the Hotel is Sold Out, it takes a tad bit longer to clean specified room types for our incoming Guests. I do have a Toddler myself so I do understand your frustration with carrying bags up 2 flights of stairs. We always place our Families with small children on the 1st Floor when available.....unfortunately this is not always possible when the Hotel is Sold Out.

We do have a strict Party Policy that is enforced an a daily basis. I have spoken to my Front Desk Agents & Assistant General Manager about this incident. We do evict Guests when they become too loud so I am sorry that these Guests were not handled swiftly enough.

I do hope that you return in an effort to give us another opportunity to make a 1st Impression.

Rick B. Ross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Mckinney Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay in a Summerfield Suite and my expectations were in accord with Hyatt's usual standards; unfortunately, this hotel did not meet them.
The positives first: comfortable bed;spacious; convenient location.
The not-so-positives: the bed linen was stained, no spa as promised on websites, no oven as written in descriptions. Worst of all the issue with cleanliness. We found scum in bathtub causing blockage. We took pictures and showed to management. Ashley the manager was attentive in contrast to others on front desk.
At check-in I felt like I was bothering the staff and the person helping me, made me feel like they were judging me and that it was too much for them to help me . They never looked me in eye, no smile, no greetings,did not feelwelcome? it was a negative experience. Had issues with reservation, booked thru travelocity and they wanted to charge my credit card again inspire of showing them that it was prepaid.
This is not what one should have to face during vacation.
After I showed photos of what I encountered they have promised me refund, yet to see. Will have to spend time dealing with this and taking up with travelocity. Not my idea of a break from busy life.
You are bound to have bad experiences, though this Was a nightmare.Given all of the various chains I've frequented that have suites, this was the worst experience thus far.

• Stayed March 2013
Nutley, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Staying here in a reasonably priced 2 bedroom suite with a lovely free breakfast buffet and free parking. We are traveling with two children and three adults and spending a total of five nights here. there was an empty heated pool to enjoy after a day in Pasadena. Tomorrow we are heading downtown to see the Le Brea tar pits and the museums,. next day, we are heading to the Getty Villa. Easy access to highways from this location...easier access to LAX for picking up and dropping off family visiting from another area.

Room Tip: All rooms are probably fine. This place is great value
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rick R, General Manager at HYATT house Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Very pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the Amenities that the Hotel has to offer. We are centrally located to many great things to do in Los Angeles, very close to LAX & only 2 miles from the Ocean in beautiful Manhattan Beach.

We look forward to hosting you once again the next time you are in the Los Angeles/El Segundo area.

rangiora
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Family of four stayed for 5 nights, two bedroom, two bathroom, sofa sleeper in lounge, fully equipped kitchen. All televisions were large and good. Pool and spa were great. The room was dusty - windowsills not dusted and behind the bedside tabels was all full of dust, kitchen cupboard doors off hinges and sticky to touch the handles, so the cleaner is lazy. The front desk staff were not particulary friendly, always took a whiel to acknowledge I was standing at the counter, they always seemed to be talking to each other and generally uninterested. Brakfast was ok, selection poor. Always ran out of basic things ie: cutlery and butter etc and had to keep asking for these to be refilled. Would stay again, it wasn't cheap - but thats LA I suppose. Location was fine, quiet location. Free parking, although the next door office workers park their cars inteh carpark and take up space. The place is a little tired and needs updating.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

My sincere apologies for some of the incidents you incurred during your Stay with us. I have spoken to my entire Management Team as these issues relate to their respective departments & put actions in place to ensure they do not happen again.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to make a 1st Impression.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This has been a hard one to grade. The property is well priced and kept neat. The breakfast is very busy and the staff works hard to keep it stocked. The rooms work well although ours was dated.
Top marks to the receptionist - I rang ahead and requested a room away from the train line and pool during a busy holiday weekend, and she delivered.
I had a particularly good experience with Gabriel, the maintenance manager who was very helpful with a small matter I needed solved.
The mix of guests is quite varied but we mostly had school children and families - not as quiet as we would've liked. Despite many good things, I don't want to return. Too many guests in the suites makes for too much noise and too many children. And the place feels oddly soulless. That said, it'll work for many.

Room Tip: Choose room away from train line unless you're an amazing sleeper
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rick R, General Manager at HYATT house Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your constructive Feedback regarding our Hotel. We do have a very wide variety of Guests that stay with us at the Hyatt house - El Segundo. My apologies for some of the noise disturbances encountered during your stay.

Gabriel is truly one of our greatest assets here, I will make sure he hears your comments....thanks again.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Where do I start? We were looking for a comfortable, well equipped hotel near to Manhattan Beach and Hersmosa. We had concerns that surely this hotel could not be as good as it seemed at the price quoted. On arrival all our concerns evaporated! We were greeted by polite, pleasant staff, Kat, the assistant manager who had us checked in to our room super quick. We had a 2 bedroom suite on the top floor, lovely view of the pool and really quiet. Our children aged 13 and 10, well, they had a queen size bed each, plus a large screen television and their own en-suite bathroom. My wife and I had a super king size bed with en-suite, it is one of the most comfortable hotel beds we have ever slept in, lovely, really lovely.
The suite was well equipped, a full kitchen, lounge area etc, we wanted for nothing. The staff were so helpful, cheery faced and very welcoming. I met with the G.M. Rick Ross who clearly leads by example.
If you are looking for a relaxing place to stay, with children in particular, then we highly recommend this hotel, what a location, great price, breakfast and the managers special in the evening, very hard to beat! We'll be back.

Room Tip: Top floor is our preference at all hotels.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm extremely happy to hear that your stay with us was so memorable! We strive for excellence on a daily basis & my Team will be thrilled to hear your feedback.....thanks again.

We looking forward to seeing you again. Until then, travel safe.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My friend and I had to go to LA for a week long training. We stayed a total of 10 days 9 nights. Finding a decent place in LA for that period of time could be challenging and expensive. We were attracted to the Hyatt House because of the free parking, Free wifi, separate kitchen area and free breakfast. The prices were very reasonable. It is a little further from downtown LA, but we didn't find the commute to be bothersome at all - about 30 mins to West LA and that's WITH traffic. We would say in summary that our stay here was very pleasant

Rooms:
The rooms were very nice. The kitchen was complete and fully stocked with plenty of drawer and refrigerator space It was really useful to have. It was also great to have a separate living room/dining room/office area from the bedroom. I really liked having a walk in closet in the bedroom -- there is so much space.

Service:
Service was excellent -- the housekeeper that cleaned our room also washed our dishes for us.
At the guest house - we arrived 5 hrs before check in and they were able to accommodate us and got us a room right away. While we were doing laundry one of the front desk guys even gave us free fabric softener. While eating breakfast the staff always greeted us and were quick to clean off the tables.

Anemities:
The breakfast was actually very good. Ive had free breakfasts at other hotels and it's usually stale, cold and not good. But here, the breakfast is hot -- sausage, bacon, waffles, eggs. there is also cereal, oatmeal, muffins, toast, bagels, and lots of beverages. They also have a social evening time -- We werent able to make it, but apparently there is free food in the evening also.
Having free wireless, business center with printer and a laundry area was very helpful for our very long stay.

Area
The location of the hotel is in a very quiet corporate park. It was nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of LA. Also it's very close to many restaurants, grocery stores, costco and malls.

Cons: the only thing that may have been inconvenient is their lack of elevators. We were on the 3rd floor so having to drag our luggage up 2 flights of stairs was a little difficult.

Overall We were very pleased with our stay here. If you're looking for a moderately priced hotel away from the city - this place is perfect -- especially for those long business trips. However, if you're looking for luxury, with a bell desk and concierge, this isn't the place for you. You may be better off looking for a hotel in the city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rick R, General Manager at HYATT house Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Excellent Feedback regarding your stay, thank you for sharing & I'm so happy that it was a memorable Trip. We are very fortunate to offer some of the great Amenities that you mentioned in your Review. Free Parking in LA is always a plus, not to mention complimentary Wi Fi.....we are very pleased to offer both at no cost.

Our Breakfast in the morning & Social Hour in the evening is really a great way for us to connect with our Guests & get to know who you are & why you stay with us. Both are very bountiful & our Staff definitely enjoys this time to mix & mingle with all of our Guests.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon at the Hyatt house - El Segundo.

Rick B. Ross

Been to HYATT house Los Angeles/El Segundo? Share your experiences!