“My preferred hotel when visiting the LA office” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in El Segundo
Manchester, United Kingdom
“My preferred hotel when visiting the LA office”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I've stayed at the Hyatt House a couple of times now, each stay being around 5-7 nights. The location is superb for me, being right next door to the office and only 3-4 miles from LAX.

Rooms:
I've stayed in both a double suite and single suite, and the rooms are very spacious. Beds are super huge and comfy. Kitchen area is very functional with a full size fridge, great oven and coffee making facilities. Large flat screen TVs in living area and bedroom.

Bathroom is functional and clean, if not a little dated now. There is free WiFi and wired internet (speed isn't too bad) and a lovely large desk. Overall, rooms very good indeed.

Facilities:
Business facilities are good and there's a little 24 hour shop serving some basic essentials. Whilst there isn't a restaurant, there is complimentary breakfast, consisting of a basic hot/cold buffet, which is adequate (does get a bit boring after a few days). There's a Noah's bagels just facing, if you fancy a change :). What I do like is the complimentary nightly snacks 'meet and greet', between 6-7pm, where you can mingle with the other guests and enjoy hot/cold snacks (e.g. nachos/cheese, pizza, soup, etc) and complimentary beer! Swimming pool is small, but very nice. The staff are friendly, courteous and helpful.

Location:
Ideally placed for the airport (3-4 miles). Costs around $20-25 in a cab. One thing that disappoints is the fact there isn't a free shuttle from the airport. That would be a nice feature, especially since I'm a single female traveller, and UK flights arrive at night. Nicely located for Manhattan and Hermosa Beach (quick taxi ride away). There's a couple of malls across the road, with a choice of good shops and restaurants, and a handy 'Fresh & Easy' (Tesco) for provisions if you don't want to eat out. A little further up is the Manhattan Village Mall, which is a large retail park with plenty of shops and food outlets.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt and would recommend this for both business and pleasure, although it's location isn't that central for visiting the main tourist areas without a car.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms facing the train line where possible; can be a little noisy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Rick R, General Manager at HYATT house Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm very happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us & continue to make us your Hotel of choice when visiting the LAX area!

We look forward to hosting you once again the next time you get to Los Angeles....safe travels.

Rick B. Ross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Savannah, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel is AMAZING. We stayed at 3 hotels on our California Vacation. Here, the Hyatt Regency Orange County, and The Hilton Bayfront San Diego. Even though the other 2 hotels were fancy and amazing, The Hyatt House was our favorite. The rooms are huge with a living area, huge computer desk, kitchen area, with FULL refrigerator, sink, a bedroom with a door, etc. Free Parking. We were on the ground and it was so easy to go back and forth from vehicle. The staff was SO HELPFUL. Best Staff Ever. I can't say more great things about this hotel.

Room Tip: Pick a floor on the 1st level for great access to and from vehicle.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rick R, General Manager at HYATT house Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm honored to be compared to such great Hotels in Los Angeles, my Team will be thrilled to hear your comments. We have a great Hotel in an upscale part of El Segundo that offers many Dining, Shopping & Social Options.....so happy that you were able to experience it.

See you again soon, safe travels.

montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed one night at hyatthouse before our 6am flight home 2 room suite king beds with pull out couch and mini kitchen. Microwave,stove and full size fridge in room. Very clean and only 3 or 4 miles to LAX. Would be great for extended stay if need be,very quiet in november. Another good stay at the Hyatt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rick R, General Manager at HYATT house Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel. As you stated, we are very close to LAX which makes traveling less daunting. We do very well with Extended Stay Guests as they truly love all of the in room amenities we offer, such as: Microwave, Stove, Full size Fridge, Couches that pull out to make a Bed & of course all of the Pots/Pans & Utensils you need to prepare a great meal!

Thanks again & we hope to see you the next time you pass through LA.

Mastic, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was our first time in California. We stayed for two nights - October 12-14, 2012. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite on the third floor of the property.

The location is very convenient- only 4 miles from LAX, about a mile from the 405 freeway, and maybe about 20 minutes to 1/2 hour (without traffic which I know is an LA rarity) from Hollywood and Beverly Hills. The immediate area (El Segundo/Manhattan Beach) includes plenty of conveniences for the traveler; including restaurants, grocery stores, drug stores, etc. Rosecrans Avenue, which runs right by the hotel, is the main strip where you can find almost any store or restaurant imaginable.

It's no secret that the property isn't new. However, it is maintained well. Our room was very clean and quiet; and very modern. During our stay the hotel's exterior was being repainted, but this did not pose any inconvenience to us. We were informed by the courteous agent at the check-in counter of this (I forget her name, but she was very nice and helpful) - and a notice was posted on the bulletin board in our room. The windows were covered in plastic- but that's okay, it was our first time in LA- we weren't staring out the hotel windows! The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The only complaint I have is that the bathroom was very small- the door is very close to the toilet, which gives you a cramped feeling.

I picked the Hyatt House for a number of reasons. First, it's one of the only hotels in Los Angeles County that I could find that includes free parking, a complimentary breakfast AND complimentary wireless internet. Plus, its location was good- very close to the airport and not far off the freeway- which made going to the various LA attractions very easy. Santa Monica, my favorite area, was only 20 minutes max away from the hotel.

Overall I definitely recommend the Hyatt House in El Segundo- for the price you can't beat the value; especially when you consider the internet, parking and breakfast. Sure, it's not in the heart of Hollywood or Beverly Hills, and it's not a 5-star property that was built this year, but it's a nice place to stay and works for families who need space on a budget.

Room Tip: The hotel has no elevators. Be sure you are aware of this when checking in!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive words, great Review....my Team will be thrilled. I am very happy that you chose our Hotel for your 1st Trip to Los Angeles. We really do have a great location, very close to LAX, great Shopping, amazing Restaurants, Santa Monica, 3 great Beaches (Manhattan/Hermosa/Redondo)....not to mention Beverly Hills & Hollywood.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you get to Los Angeles.

San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Easily 4* in its class. Where else can you find good service with free parking, free wi-fi, free breakfast, and free social hour drinks near LAX? The spacious "room" came with a separate living and small kitchen area, albeit a bit older looking (needs update). Walking distance to many markets, shops, and restaurants. The only thing this place lacks is a shuttle to the airport - so rent a car.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt house/El Segundo for your stay in Los Angeles. We have some great attributes at this Hotel & always focus on improving each & every day.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Prenton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Spent a couple of nights here. Well situated far enough away off the highway to not be troubled by noise and close enough to the airport but out of plane noise.

Built in a 'Square' three storey 'motel' type setting with a Pool area in the centre. Our suite was extremely pleasant with two ensuite bedrooms either side of a large lounge and Kitchenette.

Breakfast was included in our package and I assume everyone elses as it was totally 'self serve' with no need to supply room numbers etc.

The breakfast area was well lit, bright, spacious and comfortable with a great selection of hot and cold foods and drinks.

Downtown LA is around 20 mins away.

If you are looking for ongoing attention from the staff this isn;t that sort of hotel. Staff are on hand, they are polite, helpful, smiling and efficient but they aren't 'in your face so to speak'.

I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I didn't see elevators to the upper floors, we 'lugged' seven heavy cases up a flight of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Rick R, General Manager at HYATT house Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for such positive Feedback regarding your stay with us. We have a great Hotel that is centrally located to some great Restaurants, Shopping, LAX, Disneyland & Downtown just to name a few.

I'm so happy that you enjoyed yourself & we look forward to having you back again soon!

Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Loved it! I came here to stay on a quick trip to LA & visiting friends near Long Beach. I thought the place was well maintained and I felt safe and comfortable. I can feel uneasy sometimes traveling to LA, but instead my experience this time really changed that for good. I was treated very well from the staff and my overall experience was nothing less than outstanding. I think the management is doing a great job since there was such a positive vibe overall. *That's why I'm taking the time to write this, - the people were great. I liked the decor and after everything went smooth, I slept great, and I will consider staying again, hopefully longer!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us last month. Our Team prides itself on
giving every Guest the best service in the El Segundo/LA area. I'm glad that we could accommodate you on your way to Long Beach.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Rick B. Ross

Been to HYATT house Los Angeles/El Segundo? Share your experiences!