“Great airport property” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in El Segundo
San Francisco
“Great airport property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Easily 4* in its class. Where else can you find good service with free parking, free wi-fi, free breakfast, and free social hour drinks near LAX? The spacious "room" came with a separate living and small kitchen area, albeit a bit older looking (needs update). Walking distance to many markets, shops, and restaurants. The only thing this place lacks is a shuttle to the airport - so rent a car.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rick R, General Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt house/El Segundo for your stay in Los Angeles. We have some great attributes at this Hotel & always focus on improving each & every day.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Rick B. Ross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Prenton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Spent a couple of nights here. Well situated far enough away off the highway to not be troubled by noise and close enough to the airport but out of plane noise.

Built in a 'Square' three storey 'motel' type setting with a Pool area in the centre. Our suite was extremely pleasant with two ensuite bedrooms either side of a large lounge and Kitchenette.

Breakfast was included in our package and I assume everyone elses as it was totally 'self serve' with no need to supply room numbers etc.

The breakfast area was well lit, bright, spacious and comfortable with a great selection of hot and cold foods and drinks.

Downtown LA is around 20 mins away.

If you are looking for ongoing attention from the staff this isn;t that sort of hotel. Staff are on hand, they are polite, helpful, smiling and efficient but they aren't 'in your face so to speak'.

I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I didn't see elevators to the upper floors, we 'lugged' seven heavy cases up a flight of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Rick R, General Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for such positive Feedback regarding your stay with us. We have a great Hotel that is centrally located to some great Restaurants, Shopping, LAX, Disneyland & Downtown just to name a few.

I'm so happy that you enjoyed yourself & we look forward to having you back again soon!

Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Loved it! I came here to stay on a quick trip to LA & visiting friends near Long Beach. I thought the place was well maintained and I felt safe and comfortable. I can feel uneasy sometimes traveling to LA, but instead my experience this time really changed that for good. I was treated very well from the staff and my overall experience was nothing less than outstanding. I think the management is doing a great job since there was such a positive vibe overall. *That's why I'm taking the time to write this, - the people were great. I liked the decor and after everything went smooth, I slept great, and I will consider staying again, hopefully longer!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us last month. Our Team prides itself on
giving every Guest the best service in the El Segundo/LA area. I'm glad that we could accommodate you on your way to Long Beach.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I searched for a 2 bdrm unit & found the Hyatt House, El Segundo. We were a couple meeting dear friends in LA during a 1 night layover just for them. This unit was perfect. We each had our own bedroom & bath with living room & full kitchen in between to give more privacy.. Other places had a roll out sofa bed that is never comfortable! I gave this an excellent because we have stayed at many places leading up to our Senior years and we like to be comfortable away from home. There are many large business buildings around & we had one of the street side units. My husband likes to have a window open & the bdrm did open 6 inches. I would have liked to have a unit facing the courtyard but I saw there is a basket ball loop and we may not have wanted to hear the ball bounce if someone wanted to play. The breakfast was one of the best free buffet selections, even compared to those that charge. We were sorry we did not have time to enjoy the pool that looked very clean or evening social. Very friendly staff. Since our friends picked us up at the airport, we did not need a shuttle. They do not have one, but the the rail is there and we would need info or a taxi for our next stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rick R, General Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for such positive Feedback regarding your stay. It's always nice to hear when we "hit" on all cylinders when servicing our Guests, my Team will be very happy to hear your comments.

We hope to see you back at the Hyatt house - El Segundo the next time your travels bring you to the Los Angeles area.

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Superb! Incredibly comfortable. Got a two bedroom, one on each side of the living room. Each with its own bathroom. Granite counter tops and steel appliances in the kitchen. Flat screen tv. Only prob, the dvd player wasn't ejecting very well. Spacious, super clean. Spotless. Freshly painted. Not too big of a complex. Super close to the airport. Excellent service. Fresh eggs for the hot breakfast -- none of the scrambled stuff. Will definitely stay there again. Highly recommend it!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very pleased that you had such a memorable stay at the Hyatt house - El Segundo.

Our rooms are very spacious & our Guests just rave about the granite counter tops & modern appliances. Our Breakfast is quite plentiful as well complete with all of Hot & Cold items you come to expect from a 1st Class Hotel.

Thanks again for such positive Feedback & we hope to see you soon!

Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I travel about 80% of the time and the last thing I want to do is stay at a hotel over the weekend. Well that wasn't the case here, I was able to check in to a 2 bedroom suite and felt like I was in a mini version of my home. I had the privacy of my own home, I had beaches down the street and a great array of places to eat. Definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting the comfort of their own home and have the opportunity to explorer the Los Angeles area.

In addition to the awesome suite, I was greeted by Kat who made me feel welcomed and was extremely friendly. Always a nice thing to have after a long work week. I look forward into going back when I need a LA getaway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Rick R, General Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy to hear that your stay with us was so memorable. We strive every day to create a "homey" feel, comfortable & cozy for all of our Guests....every stay. Great to hear that the Team here did such a great job during your stay.

Kat is a true Gem, one of the best on my Team....she will be thrilled to hear your Review.

Thanks again & we look forward to seeing you soon.

Sun City, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel is an awesome place.... but you must be careful when booking it. I booked my trip through Hotwire, not knowing anything about the room up front, other than it would be a king bed. Once I knew where I was staying, I was so excited. From the website of the hotel, it looks like ALL the rooms are spacious suites, but that is not the case. When we arrived and checked in, we were given keys to our room, only to find a very disappointing "closet" for our room. WHAT??? I immediately went to the front desk to find out where our nice big room with the microwave and mini fridge was, after all, we were going to be there nearly a week! I was told that we had booked a "standard" room. I relayed my expectations from the website and was told I could upgrade to a suite for just $$ per night more. Ok.... I did that because we had a great price on the room to begin with. Well.... let me tell you, that was the best thing I could have done! The room was huge and gorgeous! A full mini kitchen and dining room, separate bedroom and living room, each with it's own TV. The location was fantastic and quiet, the included morning breakfast buffet was great, and we had an awesome time! I do recommend this hotel very much, just know what you are booking before hand and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: A room not right around the pool will be more private and quiet, especially the first floor!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so pleased that we could accommodate your request for an upgrade & extremely happy to hear that the rest of your stay was flawless !! Our Hotel offers some great features & is in a great location.....very close to the Beach, Shops & many top Restaurants.

We look forward to hosting your next excursion to the El Segundo/Manhattan Beach area.

Rick B. Ross

Been to Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo? Share your experiences!