“Great airport hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in El Segundo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great airport hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Lovely start to US holiday in 2 bedroomed suite with kitchen facilities. Super beds massive and comfy.Varied breakfast and very friendly staff.nice pool.restaurants nearby and good supermarkets and other shops at mall. Got super shuttle from airport as no hotel shuttle .Managers evening reception was a very welcome barbq. Hotel on subway if you don't have transport. Relaxed atmosphere throughout including taking breakfast to room for teenage boys. Manhattan beach is lovely a few miles away we hired car for universal studios.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rick R, General Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so pleased that you decided to spend your Labor Day Holiday Weekend at the Hyatt House - El Segundo. Our 2 Bedroom Suites are just perfect for families that are looking to get away & relax. Our Summer BBQ & Evening Social Hour is a huge hit with our Guests, I'm so glad that you enjoyed both during your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again soon at the Hyatt House - El Segundo.

Rick B. Ross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The rooms were clean and the service was alright. Breakfast was wonderful and the pool was awesome. 3 of 5 nights here I had to call for noise complaints , one night being the night before I left and had an early morning flight. Front desk staff did nothing and I literally had to smother my head in pillows or turn my tv to drown it out and was told that at 2 am I had to accommodate the family that checked in late. And because of that If I came back to Los Angeles I probably wouldn't stay here again. Not to mention we were told our bedrooms had two queen beds in each room instead of one. One hassle after another. If you're a heavy sleeper you're golden, if not stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012
Rick R, General Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear "If you wanna sleep, go somewhere else",

My apologies for the noise issues that you incurred during your stay. Unfortunately this does occurr from time to time based on the layout of the Hotel, but can be easily controlled by the Front Desk & should have been addressed immediately.

Hopefully you will give the Hyatt House - El Segundo one more opportunity to make a 1st impression....we look forward to your return Trip.

Standish
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My family and I stayed here twice for week long stays last Summer and this year have returned for another week as we enjoyed our time here so much.
The hotel is superbly positioned near to excellent shopping,the airport and of course Manhattan Beach a very short drive away.
The staff are so pleasant and helpful,breakfast is excellent and on certain weeknights evening snacks are provided which are delicious.
We stayed a few nights in Beverley Hills at a much more expensive hotel to see north LA but coming to the Hyatt again was like coming home.
We shall certainly be spending our third Summer here next year.

Dear "Return visit",

Thank you for your kind words & positive Feedback. My Team will love to hear this as we strive for excellence with each Guest Experience.

Thanks again & we look forward to welcoming you Home once again !!!

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I needed a reasonably priced hotel for an extended family (wife and me, grandparents, daughter) and wanted to spend a few days in the South Bay area, and a two-bedroom "suite" (basically just a rather small two bedroom apartment) at the Hyatt House fit the bill perfectly. Simply put, for a family that doesn't want to spend a ton of money (after paying for five plane tickets from Tokyo to LA I was pretty tapped out!) this is a great property. Close to lots of great restaurants like Houston's and McCormick & Schmicks, decent casual choices like PF Changs, tons of shopping and the beach. The free breakfast each day was nothing fancy, but hey it was free! And I did appreciate the fact there was a little variety every day and my little girl loved being able to head over and grab some cereal and pancakes whenever she wanted in the morning. Pool wasn't fancy but perfectly fine and the basketball court and BBQ facilities were nice extras Staff was very friendly and pleasant. Some caveats for foreign visitors - this is not really a hotel, more of a rental condo with continental breakfast and housekeeping. You must have a car. The staff is terrific but cannot wait on you hand and foot. This not a romantic getaway, it's all families all the time with rugrats everywhere. Keeping these entirely predictable limitations in mind I really thought this place was great and everyone in my group agreed they wanted to stay here again.

Room Tip: I could hear kids running around above me in my first-floor room, it didn't bother me but if you...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rick R, General Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear "Great location and fantastic for families",

Thank you for your positive Feedback, I will definitely share your comments with my Team.

We strive for excellence & positive Guest Satisfaction every day. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the amenities the Hotel had to offer & the Staff lived up to your expectation.

We look forward to having you back again soon.

Southern Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is the second time we have had the pleasure of staying at this property. The location is great. 5 minutes to LAX, close to shopping areas, 25 minutes to Hollywood. The room was very comfortable and clean. The amenities were excellent.. If you travel with a family, they have 2 bedroom, 2 bath units with small kitchens that are reasonably priced and includes breakfast and lite dinners on some evenings. The general manager, Kyle Vandershoor, was extemely helpful. We will definitely stay here again!!

Dear "Outstanding !!!!!!!!",

I'm very happy to hear that your stay with us was so memorable !!!! The Hotel is very convenient to LAX, Manhattan Beach, Hollywood & many shopping venues in the immediate area.

We look forward to having you back soon at the Hyatt House - El Segundo.

west midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed end July for 3 night between Las vegas and San Fran. Nice clean area, lovely suites we were on 3rd floor over looking pool, nice cooking area outside. Suites were well catered for. Supermarkets over the road and short drive to the beach area's. Found LA a difficult place to get around we had a car but it took too long to travel into town but did the touristy things anyway.
My only disappointment was the breakfast was in short supply and found little choice or very little left if you went down after 8.30 (not late when you on your hols) and the social evenings the same this may be due to a small number of inconsiderate guest filling their plate.
All in all would stay again.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed well appointed although you may get some rail noise on the back end
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear "Good place to stay",

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. You mentioned several great points that my Team & I will continue working on in an effort to improve the Food & Beverage experience. Yes, the Breakfast & Social Hour can get extremely busy during peak periods....my apologies if you experienced less variety or scarce items.

We look forward to your next visit at the Hyatt House !!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Awesome for families. We are a family of 5 ages 6-15. The room was large and seperate sleeping/bathroom for kids. It was worth the $$ and we stayed an extra night because it was so convenient. It was clean and the included breakfast/social hours (complementary) was great. The area surrounding property seemed safe and close by Fresh/Easy, Starbucks, CVS. We even walked to Macaroni Grill for dinner. We will stay again as it is close by Freeway and beaches. The staff was a bit understaffed, but they did an awesome job. This was our first stay at a Hyatt property.

Room Tip: 2 bed/2 bath was definitely worth it for family. We were by the pool/sport court and it wasn't...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo? Share your experiences!