“good stuff! even Fred was a huge fan :)” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 130 Restaurants in El Segundo
Cuisines: Vegetarian
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“good stuff! even Fred was a huge fan :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

good stuff! even Fred was a huge fan :)

Torrance,CA
“Delicious vegan cuisine in a non-weird environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2008

My wife an I recently enjoyed lunch at The Veggie Grill in El Segundo. The restaurant serves sandwiches and salads for the most part and is in a new shopping center near Rosecrans and Sepulveda. You order the food at the counter and then it is brought to your table. I enjoyed the Carne Asada Sandwich which was composed of moist strips of pseudomeat, lettuce, tomatoes and Chipotle sauce on whole grain bread. I opted for the steamed Kale for an extra $1.95 as my side dish. My wife had a Portobello sandwich which was excellent too. She ordered the Sweet Potato Fries as her side dish which was an excellent idea. These were the most delicious fries I have ever eaten. For dessert we had Carrot Cake which I liked, even though the texture was a little weird. The drink selection includes 3 kinds of iced tea and fresh lemonade which are all self-serve and refillable. I suggest trying different mixtures of the teas and the lemonade until you find what you like best. The ambiance is very perky and uplifting due to the bright natural lighting and the modern decor. Overall I can highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a healthier meal that is served in a happy environment.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Delicious and 100% vegetarian. I highly recommend the chick'n parmesan sandwich! The soups are great too. Healthy...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

Delicious and 100% vegetarian. I highly recommend the chick'n parmesan sandwich! The soups are great too. Healthy choices for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike.