“Stone cabin review” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Indian Flat Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Portal
Indian Flat Campground
You added Indian Flat Campground to your Saves list
9988 Highway 140, El Portal, CA 95318   |
Alabama
“Stone cabin review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed in the stone cabin which is really cool looking from the outside (built in 1938) but just like a motel room on the inside so you don't have any real sense that you're staying in a cabin. We were looking for reasonable accomodations close to Yosemite and this fit the bill. The cabin itselt was clean and comfortable. It's right in the middle of everything at the RV park so when you step outside what could have been pretty view is obscured by RVs. We'd stay here again just because of the price-it was ok.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Los Banos
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My husband, two of our kids and I neeed a place to camp while attending a festival in Mariposa. I wasn't expecting a state park camping experience by any means, but this was ridiculous. The rate I was quoted ended up being for two people, so to my surprise I was charged extra for each kid. We were assigned our spot which was probably 10ft wide by 20ft long if that. Someone else compared it to an unpaved parking lot, which is pretty much dead on. There i sone bathroom for the whole place and the quiet hours are not enforced. The first night there we had neighbors check in and set up camp after 10pm. They were loud and decided they wanted to video tape and take pictures of their late night set up, so as we were trying to sleep we were "treated" to the flash of their camera going off in non-stop until I finally said something.

If you need a quick place to stay along your way to Yosemite or wherever, it will do, but I would never choose this as a place to go "camping".

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Don't stop at Indian Flats RV Park for any reason....keep going ....this is a DIRTY...DUSTY place to stay. This is nothing more than a parking lot. Dust is flying everywhere and the people who work there barrel through without any thought for anyone in the little carts. Yes you can walk to the pool but even that wasn't clean and the pathway is very dangerous. Look for a better place to stay this place is not what it pretends to be.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
santra cruz
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

loud dusty campground by the highway, greedy owner will not give a refund even if you never set up tent..avoid this place!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

had everything we needed for an RV park including an hotel next door with a swimming pool.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Woodside, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We made reservations for two nights and we could not make it to the first night. Manager claims that he told me of the cancellation policy, which I don't recall. But I do clearly recall that he would charge my card when I got there. When I arrived, we disagreed about whether he told me of the cancellation policy and what finally ticked me off was that he charged my card before I even got to the campground! What was worse was his lack of customer service skills - at one point he told me to "get out"! I mean at that point isn't it just plain dumb to refuse a potential customer? Needless to say, I did get out of there because what's the point of arguing with a manager who doesn't even know the meaning of "service"?; as I left saying "we don't need this kind of service", he scoffed at me saying "service? what service?"

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
South Lake Tahoe, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We booked this place for three nights due to it's proximity to Yosemite Valley of course, and based on the one picture on their web site it looked okay. It was not... this place crams RVs, Campers, and Tents into every nook and cranny, so you have no space and no privacy whatsoever. Then, it expects everyone to use 1 restroom. The roads around it are not paved, so kids can not really ride their bikes and it plays host to tons of folks renting RVs and just stopping in for the night on their way to Yosemite Valley. (I won't get into how I saw several RV renters accidentally discharge their sewer lines right onto the ground.) Overall this place was a dump and our camp site was right up against the highway, heard cars all night. The only bright spot was that we got to use the pool at the hotel next door.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Indian Flat Campground? Share your experiences!