“What a joke...and not a funny one!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Indian Flat Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Portal
Indian Flat Campground
Save Saved
You added Indian Flat Campground to your Saves list
9988 Highway 140, El Portal, CA 95318   |
Los Banos
“What a joke...and not a funny one!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My husband, two of our kids and I neeed a place to camp while attending a festival in Mariposa. I wasn't expecting a state park camping experience by any means, but this was ridiculous. The rate I was quoted ended up being for two people, so to my surprise I was charged extra for each kid. We were assigned our spot which was probably 10ft wide by 20ft long if that. Someone else compared it to an unpaved parking lot, which is pretty much dead on. There i sone bathroom for the whole place and the quiet hours are not enforced. The first night there we had neighbors check in and set up camp after 10pm. They were loud and decided they wanted to video tape and take pictures of their late night set up, so as we were trying to sleep we were "treated" to the flash of their camera going off in non-stop until I finally said something.

If you need a quick place to stay along your way to Yosemite or wherever, it will do, but I would never choose this as a place to go "camping".

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Don't stop at Indian Flats RV Park for any reason....keep going ....this is a DIRTY...DUSTY place to stay. This is nothing more than a parking lot. Dust is flying everywhere and the people who work there barrel through without any thought for anyone in the little carts. Yes you can walk to the pool but even that wasn't clean and the pathway is very dangerous. Look for a better place to stay this place is not what it pretends to be.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
santra cruz
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

loud dusty campground by the highway, greedy owner will not give a refund even if you never set up tent..avoid this place!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

had everything we needed for an RV park including an hotel next door with a swimming pool.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Woodside, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We made reservations for two nights and we could not make it to the first night. Manager claims that he told me of the cancellation policy, which I don't recall. But I do clearly recall that he would charge my card when I got there. When I arrived, we disagreed about whether he told me of the cancellation policy and what finally ticked me off was that he charged my card before I even got to the campground! What was worse was his lack of customer service skills - at one point he told me to "get out"! I mean at that point isn't it just plain dumb to refuse a potential customer? Needless to say, I did get out of there because what's the point of arguing with a manager who doesn't even know the meaning of "service"?; as I left saying "we don't need this kind of service", he scoffed at me saying "service? what service?"

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
South Lake Tahoe, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We booked this place for three nights due to it's proximity to Yosemite Valley of course, and based on the one picture on their web site it looked okay. It was not... this place crams RVs, Campers, and Tents into every nook and cranny, so you have no space and no privacy whatsoever. Then, it expects everyone to use 1 restroom. The roads around it are not paved, so kids can not really ride their bikes and it plays host to tons of folks renting RVs and just stopping in for the night on their way to Yosemite Valley. (I won't get into how I saw several RV renters accidentally discharge their sewer lines right onto the ground.) Overall this place was a dump and our camp site was right up against the highway, heard cars all night. The only bright spot was that we got to use the pool at the hotel next door.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Rochester Hills, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Lets be real, folks. This RV Park and Campground only exists because Yosemite is insanely popular. People decide they want to camp in Yosemite and quickly realize the campsites all get booked 6 months in advanced. That's what happened to me. I booked a month ahead of our trip but that wasn't soon enough for Yosemite so I was forced to look elsewhere and ended up camping here.

The campground is kind of a joke. They squeeze every last person they can get on here so there's absolutely no privacy. They have one bathroom building for the entire property and a total of 1 men's shower and 1 women's shower and then 2 men/women's shower which brings the grand total to 3 showers per gender. There's about 150 campsites at this location so you can quickly understand why nobody comes here on their own. But considering that they are constantly packed, I don't understand why they haven't upgraded their facilities. Just build a nice bathroom/shower building that can hold enough people and you will have repeat customers.

I hope that gives you a good picture for what this campsite is like. If you didn't plan far enough ahead for Yosemite then you don't really have a choice (unless you pay more for the hotel next door or down the street) This site is very close to Yosemite, however, which makes it very convenient.

Room Tip: There are none