I have stayed in a lot of hotels and no matter how good the property or how big the rooms are or how fancy the lobby is, it all boils down to people.It's all about the people that run the hotel and how they make the people that stay there feel. The people in this hotel are just magical.Really, there is no other way to describe the warmth, friendliness, willingness to help, professionalism and their sense of how important their guests are. My family and I spent over a month in this hotel and we are all amazed at how easy, comfortable and relaxing it was.
El Dorado hills is just off highway 50, about 1.5 hours from South Lake Tahoe, 2 hours from San Francisco and 5 minutes up the road from Folsom. The Town center is picturesque, with ponds that have geese, fish, turtles and other wildlife. There are plenty of places to eat and walk around, they have open air concerts on Thursday evenings in the summer, farmer's markets on Sundays, open air cafe's and restaurants and places to just sit back and relax. The hotel is right in the middle of all of this with ample parking, so the location is perfect. The lobby is sunny, comfortable, spacious and clean. The hallways are well lit and smell fresh and the rooms are just magnificent. Some of them have balconies that overlook the pond area, some of the ground floor rooms open out into the pool area so you can just step out of your room and into the pool. We had 2 rooms with a connecting door and one of the rooms opened out into the pool area. There are chairs and tables next to the room so you can sit outside in the cool evening and enjoy coffee with your family. I just loved sitting there with a book and coffee on a Sunday morning, just like being at home. The rooms themselves are perfect, spacious, clean and well maintained. There are big new flat screen televisions and a great setup for getting some work done.The beds are comfortable with a nice selection of pillows.
During the week the hotel serves free drinks and snacks in the evening. Wine and beer for the parents and sodas for the kids. Breakfast has something for everyone and all of this served by people that really care about you.
So, after a month we are actually feeling sad to leave this wonderful hotel with it's great people and perfect location. If you need to be anywhere in this area you have to stay at this hotel. It will reset the standards by which you rate and measure hotels. Thank you so much for making this such a wonderful and easy stay, thank you for going out of your way to make us feel at home. I'll certainly be coming back ! Thank you !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in El Dorado Hills, California, is centrally located on highway 50 between Lake Tahoe and San Francisco, just minutes from Sacramento. We are conveniently located in the Town Center on the beautiful shore of a small lake. With its picture perfect scenery and endless variety of activities, El Dorado Hills is the ideal destination whether you are traveling on business or seeking a weekend getaway. For the business traveler local corporate offices include DST, AMDOCS, Blue Shield, Intel, Aerojet, Kikkoman Foods, and the El Dorado Hills Business Park. Folsom Lake, the American River and the Sierra foothills border El Dorado Hills. From world class golfing to hiking, skiing, and white water rafting, cycling, or wine tasting, your favorite way to play is never far away. Within walking distance guests can enjoy the Regal 14 screen movie theater and a variety of fine and casual dining restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express El Dorado Hills Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn El Dorado Hills
- El Dorado Hills Holiday Inn