“A refreshing alternative” 5 of 5 stars

Cross street: Latrobe Road
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“A refreshing alternative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My brother's fiancée and I ate lunch on the patio. The fresh air and sunshine plus delicious food created high spirits. I'd love to go back!

• Visited February 2014

Little Rock, AR
“Fabulous!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

This was my first experience tasting Afghan food and I loved it. The restaurant is lovely and our server was exceptional. They had a nice wine list and the prices were very reasonable. I can not remember the exact dish I had, but was fabulous. There were 5 of us for dinner and we all shared a bite of each others dishes. Everything I tasted that night was really good and if we were ever in El Dorado Hills again, we would definitely go back!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
El Dorado Hills
“Our absolute favorite in gourmet dining.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

The food, service, and atmosphere has always been outstanding. A nice quiet restaurant with light yet lively background music. A wonderful restaurant to enjoy conversation with one another.

• Visited March 2014
Placerville
“Very good service and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

It has been a couple months since we ate there, but we will be there again very soon. Thee food is vey good, and the service is very good. Afghan food is not spicy or overly exotic. It is plain and very good. I would call it comfort food. The pumpkin dish and the bean dish are my two favorites.

• Visited July 2013
El Dorado Hills, California
“Authentic Afghan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I've had a LOT of Afghan food, most of it home cooked. Bamiyan is very authentic and wonderfully tasty! One thing I've noticed with Afghan food is that the frequently the same dish is prepared and presented differently depending on the region of influence. I guess that's pretty common with most ethnic foods, like Mexican, etc. So, some ot their dishes are slightly different than what I'm used to, but excellent nonetheless.

This is not Indian, but there are similarities. Indian is usually way overspiced - this is typical Afghan, which isn't. Do yourself a favor, get out of your comfort box and try something you don't recognize or can't get anywhere else.

• Visited October 2013