“Extremely helpful; lots of room” 4 of 5 stars

Budget Inn & Suites El Centro
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1212 Adams Avenue, El Centro, CA 92243   |
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in El Centro
San Diego, California
“Extremely helpful; lots of room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

These guys were absolute saints in helping me sort out a pretty ridiculous situation where I booked myself twice for the same room. They must have taken ten calls from the booking agency and twice as many visits from me to the front desk.

The room was plenty comfy and had a nice big closet to store things in.

The area's obviously hot, so don't come in your winter wardrobe, but the take a dive in the pool and a grab a paleta popsicle and you'll be fine :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

This is a cheap morel so could not expect high quality. The rooms are not clean and the water from the shower would not drain away. They gave us the key to the unoccupied room next so we could use the shower. I am unable to understand why a business can be left to run down.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
El Centro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

In December of every year for three years I have used this hotel. The room we usually stay in is a bedroom with a king size bed, microwave and mini-fridge with plenty of storage otherwise. The manager is very accommodating, and the cleaning was done regularly - no complaints! When we visit, we're treated like friends rather than simply customers. Staff is very friendly and very generous. We would definitely use this place again; great value, great service! We picked it initially for the location (in an area close to shopping and food), and in the future we'll pick it because of the service!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I went to check in as previous reservations were made, the desk clerk said they just finished cleaning the room. Upon entry I was disgusted by the filthy shape of the bathroom.Its a cheap hotel so you shouldnt expect much but whe housekeeping cant even run dirt down the drain in shower its pretty bad. Dont take the job if you arent going to do it right. Desk clerk was nice for whatever that does. Skip this place

• Stayed November 2011
harbor city
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

The motel looked very nice from the outside and the person at the desk was very polite, but i would not recommend that a family with small children stay here! we reserved a room here because of the amenities they offered. there were none! we asked for 2 queen beds, they gave us 2 full. we asked for non smoking, the room smelled like an ashtray. my kids had to take cold showers because there was no hot water at 7:00 a.m. they didn't even have the continental breakfast!! I have never been more disappointed with a hotel as i am with this one!! I would never recommend this hotel anyone, not even to someone i dislike!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2008

My car broke down in El Centro and I need a cheap place to stay while it was being repaired. I walked a few blocks from the repair shop and found a street with a bunch of cheap motels..This one appeared to be the "finest" in the land...It was advertised at $49.99 a night but with my Military I.D. the friendly manager dropped the price 20% without me even asking! I was a bit nervous as I approached the room..I figured..it was gonna be bad ...really bad...I opened the door and........It was good....not a deluxe hotel but waaaaay more than I had imagined...Clean, the A.C. blew cold, cable t.V. Refrig that worked and a microwave...Bed was fine...Non smoking with no smoke smell...Bathroom was clean and the water was hot..It is an "extended stay" Motel so there are essentially tenants living there...but they were very quiet.. Next door is a coffee shop with donuts and cheap Mexican foods. Around the corner on Imperial is a very good Chinese buffet for $6.99 at lunch all you can eat and $8.99 at dinner...Vons is next to that...I would also like to give high praise to the guys over at Adams Auto Repair. If you ever break down in El Centro..go there. I feel like I made the best of a terrible situation with these choices.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2008

We needed a motel near a popular rock collecting area and only needed a place to shower and sleep -- we really weren't looking for much. We reserved a room at the Budget Inn for REALLY cheap on a discount website, and for the price, it was actually a little more than I expected... after all, the units have a microwave and refrigerator and they have a continental breakfast in the morning. Not too bad. I don't think I would have paid $60.00 though.

The motel is in pretty serious need of an upgrade, and the room wasn't the cleanest. The outside looks nice and so does the lobby. It seems the place attracts people who like to write on walls, furniture, etc. What a bummer since the management is so friendly and seems to be trying to turn the place around.

If you miss the continental breakfast, there's a donut shop next door that has great donuts and decent coffee.

I'd say this place is alright, if you're just looking for a hot shower and a bed. It's not glamorous, but I have stayed in much worse.

• Liked — Price; management; donut shop next door
  • Disliked — Outdated rooms
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Budget Inn & Suites El Centro? Share your experiences!