“Budget Inn, El Centro” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in El Centro
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Budget Inn, El Centro”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

This is a cheap morel so could not expect high quality. The rooms are not clean and the water from the shower would not drain away. They gave us the key to the unoccupied room next so we could use the shower. I am unable to understand why a business can be left to run down.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

El Centro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

In December of every year for three years I have used this hotel. The room we usually stay in is a bedroom with a king size bed, microwave and mini-fridge with plenty of storage otherwise. The manager is very accommodating, and the cleaning was done regularly - no complaints! When we visit, we're treated like friends rather than simply customers. Staff is very friendly and very generous. We would definitely use this place again; great value, great service! We picked it initially for the location (in an area close to shopping and food), and in the future we'll pick it because of the service!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011 via mobile

I went to check in as previous reservations were made, the desk clerk said they just finished cleaning the room. Upon entry I was disgusted by the filthy shape of the bathroom.Its a cheap hotel so you shouldnt expect much but whe housekeeping cant even run dirt down the drain in shower its pretty bad. Dont take the job if you arent going to do it right. Desk clerk was nice for whatever that does. Skip this place

• Stayed November 2011
harbor city
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

The motel looked very nice from the outside and the person at the desk was very polite, but i would not recommend that a family with small children stay here! we reserved a room here because of the amenities they offered. there were none! we asked for 2 queen beds, they gave us 2 full. we asked for non smoking, the room smelled like an ashtray. my kids had to take cold showers because there was no hot water at 7:00 a.m. they didn't even have the continental breakfast!! I have never been more disappointed with a hotel as i am with this one!! I would never recommend this hotel anyone, not even to someone i dislike!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2008

My car broke down in El Centro and I need a cheap place to stay while it was being repaired. I walked a few blocks from the repair shop and found a street with a bunch of cheap motels..This one appeared to be the "finest" in the land...It was advertised at $49.99 a night but with my Military I.D. the friendly manager dropped the price 20% without me even asking! I was a bit nervous as I approached the room..I figured..it was gonna be bad ...really bad...I opened the door and........It was good....not a deluxe hotel but waaaaay more than I had imagined...Clean, the A.C. blew cold, cable t.V. Refrig that worked and a microwave...Bed was fine...Non smoking with no smoke smell...Bathroom was clean and the water was hot..It is an "extended stay" Motel so there are essentially tenants living there...but they were very quiet.. Next door is a coffee shop with donuts and cheap Mexican foods. Around the corner on Imperial is a very good Chinese buffet for $6.99 at lunch all you can eat and $8.99 at dinner...Vons is next to that...I would also like to give high praise to the guys over at Adams Auto Repair. If you ever break down in El Centro..go there. I feel like I made the best of a terrible situation with these choices.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2008

We needed a motel near a popular rock collecting area and only needed a place to shower and sleep -- we really weren't looking for much. We reserved a room at the Budget Inn for REALLY cheap on a discount website, and for the price, it was actually a little more than I expected... after all, the units have a microwave and refrigerator and they have a continental breakfast in the morning. Not too bad. I don't think I would have paid $60.00 though.

The motel is in pretty serious need of an upgrade, and the room wasn't the cleanest. The outside looks nice and so does the lobby. It seems the place attracts people who like to write on walls, furniture, etc. What a bummer since the management is so friendly and seems to be trying to turn the place around.

If you miss the continental breakfast, there's a donut shop next door that has great donuts and decent coffee.

I'd say this place is alright, if you're just looking for a hot shower and a bed. It's not glamorous, but I have stayed in much worse.

• Liked — Price; management; donut shop next door
  • Disliked — Outdated rooms
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pheonix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2008

I was going on a business trip from Pheonix Arizona to Los Angeles but my trip was delayed due to immense traffic that day. There was so much traffic that i just had to call quits and stay a night in a town nearby which happened to be El Centro. Now, El Centro is a pretty hot place in the summer let me tell you that much. In my search of a motel to stay in, i saw budget inn and suites. From the exterior of it, it looked really nice with the palm trees and that wonderful pool. The lobby was well lit and the manager was extremely pleasant and kind. The rate was reasonable and even the manager's son came and gave me a hand with my bags. The Room looked brand new and everything inside was perfect. I took a nice hot shower and slept very comfortably on my bed which felt almost like home. In the morning i woke up and i had their breakfast with a couple of moufins and coffee. Before checking out i decided to take a dip in the pool and it really calmed me down. Id recomment this hotel to anybody because it so relaxing and the best thing is that htey had wireless internet so i could finish some of my stuff in the hotel room! I would stay here again no matter what! Its almost like a mini Holiday Inn.haha

• Liked — Wireless Internet, Pool, the room in general, and the working staff
  • Disliked — The TV was a little small but thats about it
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Budget Inn & Suites El Centro? Share your experiences!