“Nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in El Centro
Newton, Kansas
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Clean hotel, but the chemicals to keep it clean made my eyes water. I do no know what they use to clean up but i would classify it as some sort of environmentally hazardous chemical. Otherwise basic Holiday Inn with nothing special. Very limited breakfast, but the dinner and snacks served on some nights have a nice impact. Good location near the interstate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CalistaF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Centro, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear mrirotator:

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I regret that our cleaning supplies were bothersome to you; we will be looking into ways to avoid this in the future. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our evening snack reception though. It is my sincere hope that if you find yourself in the El Centro area in the future, you will give us another chance to impress you.

Warmest Regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Clermont, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

They hotel is very clean. The breakfast was very good. The temperature in the fitness center was 78, too hot for a fitness center unless your 80. I asked if it could be lowered, the next day it was 77. If they don't want you to be comfortable in the fitness center, do they really care about you.

• Stayed September 2013
CalistaF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Centro, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Jeffrey S:

I apologize that you experienced any inconveniences during your time with us. Please know that your comfort and convenience are of the highest priority to us, and I regret that we did not live up to your expecations in regards to the fitness room. We typically do a much better job at meeting the needs of our guests. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future, and that we may have the opportunity to make a second "first" impression.

Respectfully,

Temecula, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last night, May 8th, and I was pleasantly surprised. Easy parking, fast check in and room is very clean. I usually stay at Comfort Suites hotels but tried Holiday Inn this time. The room smells good and sheets smell clean. There's a small fridge with microwave and coffee maker. Not sure why there's negative feedback but I think this is a good place to stay in El Centro. it is next to Mexicali Tacos which has great fish tacos. Wifi worked good! i was on my iPad all night. I am not picky nor do I ask for extra service. Don't care much about the staff. I just needed a safe clean place to stay for a business trip. Breakfast was ok. they has a pancake maker, served bread, bacon and omelettes..The only thing that I didn't like was the shampoo and conditioner - which didn't smell good. They have to change their brand. Ha!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CalistaF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Centro, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Merlot2708:

Thank you so much for your feedback! I cannot express how happy we are to know that you were satisfied with your stay. We take a great deal of pride in keeping our hotel and property clean and up-to-date, and it is nice to know that travelers such as yourself appreciate the outcome of our efforts. We hope that you'll stay with us again on your next visit to El Centro. You'll be happy to know that we are in the process of changing our bath amenities, and we expect that our guests will love the new scent.

Hope to see you soon!

Guest Services Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this motel in November expecting rest and relaxation. The second night the hotel hosted a party. The music was very loud into the night. No sleep to be had. After repeatedly calling and complaining about the noise we left. The managent stated to guest relations that they told us there would be a party that was a lie! Do not stay here as the saying "guests come first" is definitely not the case. So much for relaxation!

• Stayed November 2012
CalistaF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Centro, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Cw72757:

I regret to hear that you had such negative experience while staying at our property, and I apologize that you feel as though your needs were not met. Please know that we take all of our guest concerns very seriously, and it concerns me that our service and facility failed to meet your expectations.

If you are open to further discussion regarding your experience, I can be reached directly at the hotel's main line. I would love to get more feedback from you regarding this.

Sincerest Regards,

Twentynine Palms, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because I always stay with the Holiday Inn Brand, I was happy from the minute I walked through the door until the minute I left. The staff was overly joyful, and out going about answering the questions I had, informing me of the hotel amenties, and even when the lobby got busy and full they kept thier cool and handled everyone with a professionalism I have never seen. The hotel was very nice, and updated. I felt right at home, especially since the bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get up the next morning just stay in bed. I will be recommending this hotel to anyone and everyone from here on out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CalistaF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Centro, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Jolene:

I cannot express to you how happy I am that you enjoyed our hotel so much! It is always the greatest pleasure for our staff to know that we have succeeded in making someone's stay memorable and comfortable. We value you as a member of our Holiday Inn family, and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Warmest Regards,

Calista F
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was in El Centro for work related for two nights, first the Internet signal is terrible, I called from my room to the clerk to ask what was wrong with the wifi and they dirrected my to their wifi company and their wifi company "guess it was called OVATION" told me that the problem was the hotel internet routers. Later that day I came accross another guest and I asked him if he too was having difficulties logging onto the internet, I guess he is a regular guest that his company placed him there. He told me the the manager is been aware of the problem and does not do anything about it. Come on for the price that the rooms go for and they cannot afford a decent router please. I was planning on staying there in the future but now that I know that the manager is aware of a problem and does not find a solution for it I'll just take my buisiness elseware.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CalistaF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Centro, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear John D:

Please allow me the opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying at our property. We understand how crucial it is for our guest's needs to be met while staying with us, and I sincerely regret that your stay experience did not live up to these standards, or your expectations.

Your feedback is important to us, and I greatly appreciate the fact that you took the time to let us know where we can improve. Our internet service is one of our top priorities, and please be assured that we are working hard to eliminate any problems related to this.

I would very much like the opportunity to work this issue out with you directly, and hopefully we can get a second chance at making a great impression on you. If you are amenable to discussing this matter further, I sincerely hope that you'll consider contacting me at the hotel front desk, so that we can attempt to make this right for you.

Warm Regards,

Imperial, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I am a local however had to stay here when my home was being built. This hotel by far is the best in the Imperial Valley. The staff was soo helpful and friendly that i felt like i was in a 5 star resort. The rooms are very clean & the presentation is outstanding.

Room Tip: Suites are BEAUTIFUL - high floors are more quiet than lower