“Terrible do not stay at this hotel!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 18 hotels in El Centro
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Terrible do not stay at this hotel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this motel in November expecting rest and relaxation. The second night the hotel hosted a party. The music was very loud into the night. No sleep to be had. After repeatedly calling and complaining about the noise we left. The managent stated to guest relations that they told us there would be a party that was a lie! Do not stay here as the saying "guests come first" is definitely not the case. So much for relaxation!

• Stayed November 2012
CalistaF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Centro, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Cw72757:

I regret to hear that you had such negative experience while staying at our property, and I apologize that you feel as though your needs were not met. Please know that we take all of our guest concerns very seriously, and it concerns me that our service and facility failed to meet your expectations.

If you are open to further discussion regarding your experience, I can be reached directly at the hotel's main line. I would love to get more feedback from you regarding this.

Sincerest Regards,

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Twentynine Palms, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because I always stay with the Holiday Inn Brand, I was happy from the minute I walked through the door until the minute I left. The staff was overly joyful, and out going about answering the questions I had, informing me of the hotel amenties, and even when the lobby got busy and full they kept thier cool and handled everyone with a professionalism I have never seen. The hotel was very nice, and updated. I felt right at home, especially since the bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get up the next morning just stay in bed. I will be recommending this hotel to anyone and everyone from here on out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CalistaF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Centro, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Jolene:

I cannot express to you how happy I am that you enjoyed our hotel so much! It is always the greatest pleasure for our staff to know that we have succeeded in making someone's stay memorable and comfortable. We value you as a member of our Holiday Inn family, and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Warmest Regards,

Calista F
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was in El Centro for work related for two nights, first the Internet signal is terrible, I called from my room to the clerk to ask what was wrong with the wifi and they dirrected my to their wifi company and their wifi company "guess it was called OVATION" told me that the problem was the hotel internet routers. Later that day I came accross another guest and I asked him if he too was having difficulties logging onto the internet, I guess he is a regular guest that his company placed him there. He told me the the manager is been aware of the problem and does not do anything about it. Come on for the price that the rooms go for and they cannot afford a decent router please. I was planning on staying there in the future but now that I know that the manager is aware of a problem and does not find a solution for it I'll just take my buisiness elseware.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CalistaF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Centro, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear John D:

Please allow me the opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying at our property. We understand how crucial it is for our guest's needs to be met while staying with us, and I sincerely regret that your stay experience did not live up to these standards, or your expectations.

Your feedback is important to us, and I greatly appreciate the fact that you took the time to let us know where we can improve. Our internet service is one of our top priorities, and please be assured that we are working hard to eliminate any problems related to this.

I would very much like the opportunity to work this issue out with you directly, and hopefully we can get a second chance at making a great impression on you. If you are amenable to discussing this matter further, I sincerely hope that you'll consider contacting me at the hotel front desk, so that we can attempt to make this right for you.

Imperial, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I am a local however had to stay here when my home was being built. This hotel by far is the best in the Imperial Valley. The staff was soo helpful and friendly that i felt like i was in a 5 star resort. The rooms are very clean & the presentation is outstanding.

Room Tip: Suites are BEAUTIFUL - high floors are more quiet than lower
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
CalistaF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Centro, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Adele L:

Your wonderful comments have made our day! We always pride ourselves on making sure that our guests are treated well, and we are pleased to know that we succeeded with you. I will pass your kind words along to our staff, and share the love.

Even if your house is finished, we hope to see you again soon. After all, you're a valued part of our Holiday Inn family!

Warmest Wishes

Dallas Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

On a Trip To San Diego I found a Gem of Property to stay in El Centro, Ca. Hotel must not be very Old because this Hotel was well worth the $$$$$ to rest, work out in a Great Gymn and a fanstastic Breakfast. El Centro is the Bread Basket for the USA due to all the crops that produce a variety food staples for the entire USA. Rooms are very large and are equipped with all the amenities. Very Few Eating Establishments are located just off the Exit except for several fast food types within Walking distance. The heat can be Unreal in the Summer but the Rooms are new with the Coldest AC you would ever need.

Room Tip: Always ask for a first floor room if your party does not like lugging your over night suitcases on...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
CalistaF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Centro, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Dear Blackhawks1960:

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay, and I certainly hope to see you again on any future travels that may bring you to our area. I will be passing your positive comments along to our staff. I hope that the rest of your trip to San Diego was wonderful.

Holiday Inn Express El Centro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

Found ourselves in El Centro without a reservation. Stopped at the HIE and they took great care of us. Yes the wireless Internet was a bit slow in the evening but in the morning it was fine. Desk clerk was pleasant to deal with, as we're all the employees we encountered. Rooms were very typical HIE.

Next time we head to El Centro we'll definitely stay here again!

Stayed April 2012
CalistaF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Centro, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. It is feedback such as yours that enables us to anticipate and exceed the expectations of our guests. We sincerely hope to see you on your next visit to El Centro.

Odiham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I am currently staying in this Hotel long term working in the Navy Air Facility in total 60+ days.... everyday I dread going back to the hotel.

Poolside

The Jacuzzi is always dirty.
The swimming pool is so cold, just don't go in it, even relaxing by the pool is not an option as there is only 2 sun loungers... both broken!!
Looking for shade?? nah, even the parasells are broken!
BBQ?? if you want to ruin a bird's habitat that's growing in there!!

Hotel Services.

I have been woken up by someone hammering the floors replacing the carpet at 7am, someone snoring next door (the walls are paper thin) and someone having sex! I went to use the washing facilities and they burnt a hole though my clothes, the hotel did not provide replacements or cover the costs of the damage.
The hotel receptionists are very friendly and do their best to help but clearly are lacking any sort of managerial skills.

Hotel Rooms.

Generally from what I have experienced the rooms are kept to a reasonable standard, the towels are changed and beds made daily, however the cleaners have very little respect for peoples property, I have found stuff I have left on the bed scrunched up on the side with the bin left on top of them!
The shower head was broken when we arrived and we have since found cockroaches in the in the room- Unacceptable!

The biggest most annoying fact about the whole hotel is the ridiculously slow, barely non existent WiFi... they have about 5 routers but still you loose connection every 10-15 mins.... I had better internet service in Afghanistan living in a tent!!

I have complained to the manager and still nothing has changed.... rating this hotel as 'Terrible' is generous to say the least!

Room Tip: Motel 6 across the road
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
CalistaF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express El Centro, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
My sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. With the information you provided, it has enabled us to address these concerns and hopefully served the purpose of salvaging your stay.

I can assure you that your experience is not typical of our usual standard of service as we usually do a much better job of taking care of our guests. I hope that in your remaining time with us, we are able to meet and exceed your standards of excellence. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we can improve.

Warm Regards

Been to Holiday Inn Express El Centro? Share your experiences!