“Frequent Traveler from Colorado” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 18 hotels in El Centro
“Frequent Traveler from Colorado”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I travel often and when I travel to El Centro, I return to this Comfort Inn. The loby, dinning area are pleasant. Seems I get Lucy when I check in (she's always helpful) the rooms are always clean and A/C's always work (it's hot in El Centro). They provide a nice breakfas, that the night person "Karen" makes. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, cereal, milk, juices and other stuff. Hmmm, it's a good spread, now I am hungry. Rooms have small microwave and refridgerator. Their Satellite hotel has a nice small bar and lounge that's nice, but on weekends can get loud. So if that's a issue, stay at the main hotel. In a nutshell, I've stayed at the other hotels in this area, but I feel comfortable and safe at this Comfort Inn. Any negative comments posted, I would hope management will (read) address and correct the other patrons issues and concerns. But for all my experiencs here, I have been more than happy. Good Job.

• Stayed September 2012

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bellingham, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

This is a cheap economy hotel and nothing more. The hotel has a small exercise room but the treadmill doesn't work. The outside doors at the end of the hallways are broken. You can go out them but not in because the key card readers are broken. There is a "staff only" room on the first floor stacked full of old furniture and a table that I'm assuming the staff use on their breaks. The door was propped open the whole time I was staying at the hotel and it was unsightly and looked very dirty. The service was good for check-in but not after that. I returned to my room late 1 night and the person working chased me down the hallway to ask if she could help me (a polite way to ask where I was going). The front doors to the hotel don't lock so anybody could walk in, especially when the staff are not paying attention.
Best part of the stay was the free breakfaat which starts at 4am.

• Stayed July 2012

Travelers are raving about these El Centro hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Very good hotel, more than what we expected...Close to highways and restaurants. We stayed on our trip to Phoenix to San Diego. We had a two bed room suite with ktchen and highly recommend the place for families.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Nothing wrong with it at all- typical Comfort Inn! Now that bed bugs are the norm, I have bumped my "cheap lodging" up a notch on road trips, so chose this hotel and it was clean as I expected!

Location: I liked to be able to walk to In & Out Burger at 11:30 PM when I arrived here after a drive from San Diego.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
LAS CRUCES
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

If one stops overnight, without having an advance reservation booked through a site that guarantees cheaper rates, I would say this is a bit expensive (around $80). But if one is tired and needs to get off the road, you can depend on this motel. It is clean, not far from the Interstate, and there are restaurants close by. The breakfast space was quite adequate; it had enough tables for guests not to have to take food back to their rooms.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites in El Centro, WA for 4 nights. The check in was smooth, the front desk clerk had even remembered talking to me on the phone 5 days earlier, from when I made a simple, change to my reservation. I made a reservation for a regular King Room, and I was upgraded to a beautiful one bedroom suite. I had a microwave, refrigerator, and a "normal" coffee maker. I don't like the coffee makers with the little pods, so this was a great bonus for me.

Another important aspect of the hotel is that it was so quiet. There is another hotel in front of it, that borders the main road, so I think they must absorb all of the road noise. I had a room right at the very end of the hall, so two sides of my room bordered two different outsides of the hotel, and I never had any noise problem at all. I would definelty stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 2nd floor, and there is a floor above that. I had no noise coming from above me...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
New Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

What usually stands out about a hotel for me is the service. After reading so many bad reviews about service in El Centro, I was hesitant to surprise my fiancee on his birthday with an upgraded rooom from his usual Rodeway Inn work room. I am a Priority Club Member and decided to check him in at the Holiday Inn Express, not knowing that the hotel was 100% smoke free. HIE apologized for not having this issue updated on their website and they made every effort to accomodate me. She made a phone call then informed me to go to the Comfort Inn and that Yurein would take care of me there. I was hesitant at first, but this was last minute and I was tired from the drive over from San Diego so off I went.
When I arrived, I was a little surprised by the cleanliness and decor of the hotel. I wasn't expecting much, but so far this expectation was being exceeded. And then I met Yurein. After explaining my mishap with HIE, and the surprise birthday plan for my fiancee, Yurein immediately went to work at securing a lovely balcony suite. I was only supposed to get a standard room at the HIE, but for far less the price, the king suite with a balcony was far more impressive. Because Yurein greeted me with a warm smile while listening attentively to my needs, my fiancee's birthday surprise went off without a hitch. He said he felt like a king after a very long, hardworking day at the plant and that he finally had some good night's rest in comfy bed.
I have since joined choice privilege hotel rewards program because of my positive experience at this hotel and look forward to visiting more often. I truly hope that management recognizes that they have a gem in Yurein, so that she may continue to greet weary travelers with her warm smile and excellent customer service.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!