“Good value!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in El Centro
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good value!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Very good hotel, more than what we expected...Close to highways and restaurants. We stayed on our trip to Phoenix to San Diego. We had a two bed room suite with ktchen and highly recommend the place for families.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Francisco, California, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Nothing wrong with it at all- typical Comfort Inn! Now that bed bugs are the norm, I have bumped my "cheap lodging" up a notch on road trips, so chose this hotel and it was clean as I expected!

Location: I liked to be able to walk to In & Out Burger at 11:30 PM when I arrived here after a drive from San Diego.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
LAS CRUCES
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

If one stops overnight, without having an advance reservation booked through a site that guarantees cheaper rates, I would say this is a bit expensive (around $80). But if one is tired and needs to get off the road, you can depend on this motel. It is clean, not far from the Interstate, and there are restaurants close by. The breakfast space was quite adequate; it had enough tables for guests not to have to take food back to their rooms.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites in El Centro, WA for 4 nights. The check in was smooth, the front desk clerk had even remembered talking to me on the phone 5 days earlier, from when I made a simple, change to my reservation. I made a reservation for a regular King Room, and I was upgraded to a beautiful one bedroom suite. I had a microwave, refrigerator, and a "normal" coffee maker. I don't like the coffee makers with the little pods, so this was a great bonus for me.

Another important aspect of the hotel is that it was so quiet. There is another hotel in front of it, that borders the main road, so I think they must absorb all of the road noise. I had a room right at the very end of the hall, so two sides of my room bordered two different outsides of the hotel, and I never had any noise problem at all. I would definelty stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 2nd floor, and there is a floor above that. I had no noise coming from above me...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
New Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

What usually stands out about a hotel for me is the service. After reading so many bad reviews about service in El Centro, I was hesitant to surprise my fiancee on his birthday with an upgraded rooom from his usual Rodeway Inn work room. I am a Priority Club Member and decided to check him in at the Holiday Inn Express, not knowing that the hotel was 100% smoke free. HIE apologized for not having this issue updated on their website and they made every effort to accomodate me. She made a phone call then informed me to go to the Comfort Inn and that Yurein would take care of me there. I was hesitant at first, but this was last minute and I was tired from the drive over from San Diego so off I went.
When I arrived, I was a little surprised by the cleanliness and decor of the hotel. I wasn't expecting much, but so far this expectation was being exceeded. And then I met Yurein. After explaining my mishap with HIE, and the surprise birthday plan for my fiancee, Yurein immediately went to work at securing a lovely balcony suite. I was only supposed to get a standard room at the HIE, but for far less the price, the king suite with a balcony was far more impressive. Because Yurein greeted me with a warm smile while listening attentively to my needs, my fiancee's birthday surprise went off without a hitch. He said he felt like a king after a very long, hardworking day at the plant and that he finally had some good night's rest in comfy bed.
I have since joined choice privilege hotel rewards program because of my positive experience at this hotel and look forward to visiting more often. I truly hope that management recognizes that they have a gem in Yurein, so that she may continue to greet weary travelers with her warm smile and excellent customer service.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011 via mobile

it has been the worst experience I have had in a hotel, the service provided by the 2 managers at the frontdesk was terrible!!! They are not just incompitent but they were also offensive and  rude to people that were calling me from my officce to my room!!!
I went with a group and when we got there and did the check in, I gave them a cash payment and they Didnt issue me a receip (they said they couldnt because it was a partial payment) and at the end of the week, the front desk didnt accept the total of the payment I gave them, and they made me pay AGAIN... So take your precautions and be careful with these peoples... Terrible terrible experience...

• Stayed April 2011
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

Our group stayed there two really bad weeks weeks, to start DON'T stay in the part of the hotel around the bar if you want to sleep before 2am, the POOL and SPA was closed by the HEALTH DEPARTMENT, the staff recommended we use the pool after 5:00 pm when the inspectors go home, yuk . The GYM doesn't have an A/C that works, the ICE Machine in the bar building never worked the two weeks we were there, we are now staying at a different place for the next month we are there the HOLIDAY INN. The only bright spot was the breakfast there, the morning lady really tried to keep people happy.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!