“Not a good choice” 2 of 5 stars

Sun Valley Inn
and 1 more site!
You added Sun Valley Inn to your Saves list
Sun Valley Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1425 Adams Avenue, Highway 86 corner Imperial and Adams, El Centro, CA 92243 (Formerly "Days Inn")   |
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in El Centro
San Diego, USA
“Not a good choice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Whomever wrote the previous review saying this was the best hotel in the area was clearly paid for writing that.

We ended up here last night after having car trouble en route to Phoenix. It was late, we were tired, and after talking to two other hotels which were sold out, we took the room that was available here. This hotel was older, which is not a problem, but it was not clean. The smoke detector beeped all night, and the refrigerator made a loud-pitched squealing noise. Furthermore, we were told that breakfast was included, but "breakfast" consisted of one type of cereal & the man behind the counter telling us that the jug of orange juice was in the fridge.

If you don't have to stay here, don't.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Me and a friend have been travelling through the states for 3 weeks and stayed at a lot of different motels. This one was definitely the worst for the price! First of all, the service was poor as the front desk clerk said about 3 words as we checked in wich were: Name and car information. Then she just pointed out our room unfriendly. The cleanliness of the room was average but the room was a little bad for the price we paid( about 65$) After, as we go to sleep we put the cool fan on, an hour later we wake up because it was strugglling and making a lot of noise! It went on and off like that all night long. Finnally, we wake up in the morning and go to the breakfast room because it was included, there were only one kind of cereals orange juice, milk and coffee. Not recommended!

• Stayed May 2012
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

Been visiting the Imperial valley over 10 years for both business and vacation. Was always staying in one of the oldest best known local hotel until I discovers this jewel in the area. Very clean/ 21st century decor on the outside -the buldings--all sizes of rooms/amenities. Modern but also reasonale rates--very quite. Accessible to all local restaurants/shopping places. One feels safe not like seedy motels around the area. The best part great are the owners/operators who are always around for any problems or just a chat for a cup of coffee. This is the first time I feel obligated to write a review for anything leave alone a hotel. Check it out next time you are in the area--I travel a lot around the country. I know what you need after a long day after a trip or work on the road.

Room Tip: corner suites/rooms larger/quiter.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Lake Hughes, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

The room was reserved I arrived late and the door could not be opened, I was sent back to the room 5 times before the owner tried the door and could not open it. I was given another room until the morning when her husband could open the door. I was told I would be charged for the regular room. I had reserved a Jacuzzi suite. The next day I was given the suite and it did not have a fridge or microwave as advertised. They brought one in but it would not plug into the wall..
To top it all off the air conditioner kept tripping the breaker. after trying to repair it three times I had had enough and told them I did not want to stay.
When I checked out I was charged 69.99 instead of the 39.99 that is posted on the front of the building.
When I asked why she said it was a bigger room, I was only in the room 4 hours and did not use the shower etc..
All in All this was a terrible experience and I would not tell anyone to stay there

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple