“I also celebrated birthday partis in this restaurant and the experience is great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Famous Dave's

Ranked #5 of 94 Restaurants in El Centro
Cuisines: Barbecue
El Centro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

If going only for lunch the food is delicious, but as I told you I celebrated birthday parties, recognitions lunches, presentations with the Mexican consulate and the food, table settings and attention has been great.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fairfield, California
“OMG YUM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Best sampler platter I have ever ordered (and the biggest). Went on a Friday night and got it to go which was fastest. Delicious lemonade. Totally reccomend this place.

Visited February 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Yikes, stay away from this one.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Five of us went for lunch at 1:20 p.m. We ordered beverages, one large plastic cheapy glass had chips all around the rim, the other plastic glass was dirty. The lady that ordered no lemon in her ice tea, got lemon. Now after reading the menu, we asked if they had a lunch menu, Oh yeah, she forgot that, so now we get the lunch menu. 10 min later we actually got some replacement beverages. Another 10 min goes by nothing.. finally at 1:55 she arrives to take our order, by this time, we decide to just leave and pay for the beverages. A male waiter throws the bill on the table, the female waitress has disappeared again. My husband gets up to pay the bill, and is advised that he has to find the waitress again to pay the bill.. so we threw cash on the counter and left... Never to return... It was obvious why this restaurant was empty when we arrived..

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Southern CA
“Good food, a little overpriced, service is ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

went there for lunch, had a pulled pork sandwich. the service was fast, food came within 10minutes, server was a bit slow with refills and bringing check, but overall a good place to eat. I've been there multiple times and my experience has been that during lunch the bar area has the best service as the bartender only has the few guests around the bar.

Lunch for one is around $15-17 with drink, tax, and tip, that's why I think its a little overprice.

Visited October 2013
El Centro, California
“Average BBQ at slightly above average prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I consider myself a BBQ professional..haha. I do love a good BBQ though and have eaten it all over the US. Famous Dave's has a good atmosphere (typical rustic chain decor) and good portions. The flavor is pretty good also. Where they lost me was the price. To spend $60 for two people seems a bit steep, but they are the only BBQ place in town. If you want better BBQ, head to City BBQ in Columbus, Ohio.

• Visited May 2013