“Average BBQ at slightly above average prices” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 89 Restaurants in El Centro
Cuisines: Barbecue
El Centro, California
“Average BBQ at slightly above average prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I consider myself a BBQ professional..haha. I do love a good BBQ though and have eaten it all over the US. Famous Dave's has a good atmosphere (typical rustic chain decor) and good portions. The flavor is pretty good also. Where they lost me was the price. To spend $60 for two people seems a bit steep, but they are the only BBQ place in town. If you want better BBQ, head to City BBQ in Columbus, Ohio.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

El Centro, California
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great Location, Excellent Food, Chicken Marsala and Jelopino Talapia dishes are testy. Enjoy the dinner.

Visited May 2013
Calexico, California
“Too Sweet!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The food is good if you like all the flavors of sauce on your meats to have a sweet taste to it. Tooo Sweet!

Visited March 2013
“No matter the location, the food is consistently good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner at the bar where the staff is friendly and attentive. The new burnt ends are very tasty and the ribs were tender and flavorful. Can't go wrong with the Mac & cheese and sweet corn for the sides. Will definitely dine here again the next time we are in town.

Visited May 2013
Quezon City, Philippines
“Good BBQ and more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Everytime I go to this area, this is a required stop for me. I always go for the combo plate of ribs and catfish and with the baked beans. We end up ordering a dozen muffins for take out too.

Their pudding was recommended to me but I never get to try it since I always get too full with the meal. This place is ideal for healthy appetites.

Service is sometimes slow and during my most recent visit, it took some time before we got a table.

Visited March 2013