“Inexpensive” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 East San Diego / El Cajon

You added Super 8 East San Diego / El Cajon to your Saves list
Super 8 East San Diego / El Cajon
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   471 North Magnolia Avenue, Interstate 8 and Magnolia Ave Exit, El Cajon, CA 92020 (Formerly Rodeway Inn El Cajon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in El Cajon
Needles
“Inexpensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

Better than other local choices in the same price range and accepts aarp discount. Staff very courteous.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Braunschweig, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

Pros:
inexpensive
free wireless internet
free parking
microwave, fridge

Cons:
road noise
very small outdoor pool

We spent two nights in the Rodeway Inn El Cajon visiting San Diego attractions. Based on the price and on the reviews, we did not expect much but it was an acceptable place. You have to live with quite some noise from the adjacent roads but it did not bother us too much as we were tired from the day. The outdoor pool is just fine for kids but way too small for swimming.

Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Santee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2007

When I arrived they had no record of my reservation, and the guy working the graveyard shift at the desk said they were completely booked. I had made reservations for my family who came from El Centro, California at around 1am, and after being on the road for a couple of hours the least you need is to be received by a very rude unprofessional clerk.

He tried to send me to a nasty little independent motel around the corner, but we just decided to leave; luckily I was able to find two rooms at another hotel.

AVOID THIS MOTEL.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Schenectady, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2007

Stayed twice. It is a full 15 minutes from Downtown/OldTown, but right next to the I-8 hiway. Not bad for $55 though I did notice other hotels with similar prices closer to center by Hotel Circle. Not a place to hang out; just sleep, grab quick cereal breakfast and go. I had no problems with front desk but I had a firm reservation thru ChoiceHotels.com and got somewhat renovated rooms (they should all be done by now, I think). Elevator works, so no walkup.

• Liked — Elevator, price
  • Disliked — location, weak breakfast
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2007

I was supposed to be staying at a friends house in El Cajon and when I arrived in town I realized I had lost the piece of paper that had his address on it. I tried calling him but there was no answer. After a while it was getting late so I decided to stay at the Roadway Inn and try him again in the morning. I checked in and got my key. On the way to the room, my friend called and gave me directions to his house so I walked back to the front desk and handed back in my key. The night cashier said he wasn't authorized to give refunds but I could call back in the morning and the manager would refund my money. I called back the next morning at 8 AM and the manager claimed I had checked out at 6 AM and had spent the night. I told him I never even stepped in the room and checked out 5 mins after I had checked in. He basically laughed at me and told me I could sue if I wanted a refund. He charged the full amount and Visa wouldn't reverse the charge because it was my word against his, The manager is an unethical liar and thief, just read the post before mine about the poor family with blood and bugs in their bed. Never stay here!

• Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2007

El Cajon doesn't exactly have a huge number of mid-level motels, so we chose the Rodeway Inn as the "least bad" option. It turned out to be surprisingly decent, though, with amenities I hadn't expected (such as in-room coffee maker and WiFi). So in view of the alternatives, I'd recommend the Rodeway Inn if you need to stay in El Cajon.

• Stayed May 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
denver, co
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2005

Not too bad of a hotel. The pool is very, very small. We had some people making a lot of noise outside our room at about midnight, but when we called the front desk, it was quickly taken care of. We had a fairly big room, so it was nice.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Super 8 East San Diego / El Cajon? Share your experiences!