“A nightmare” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in El Cajon
San Diego, California
“A nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Awful place with scary people around it.
No toilet paper in the room when we arrived, we had to go ask for it and received half of one.
hair in the bed
VERY slow wifi, that you have to pay in extra (3$ for one night)
Badly located, far from everything.
Too much noises. Our room were on the parking lot, we heard every single car, and every scary guys speaking in front of it.
DON'T
GO
THERE

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Where do I start. I've stayed at a few Motel 6 locations and this one by far was the WORST. Online it says free WIFI.. its not you have to pay $2.99 per/ night. The ladies at the front desk were very rude and unprofessional. Once we got into or room it smelled of animal. (dog, cat or maybe a combo of both). My children have asthma and are allegric to pet dander, So this was no fun for them or me. I called down to the office to ask do they allow pets in every room and she stated (in a very snotty tone) yes, and they steam clean all carpets after every guest with a pet. NOT!!! There was a shortage of towels and we would have to call the office constantly for towels. When we would return to our room the key would never work so we would have to go to the office to get them fixed. The maid did not clean our room nor did she change the sheets or make the beds. However she did empty the trash and FINALLY brought us more clean towels. Our last night there we had to wait on clean towels AGAIN for hours. We finally got them sometime after 10pm. NEVER AGAIN will I stay here. I'd rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

stayed here for 10 days. the room is a typical, basic motel 6 room but was smaller than average. there was a desk and chair but no table. the room was clean and never saw any bugs. i used the fan as white noise to drown out any traffic noise. there are 23 tv channels. the laundry room had a (filthy) microwave that was often used by guests.
as others have said, the motel has a problem with towels. sometimes no towels were left by housekeeping and it was hard to get them. also no coffee was available 2 of the days. the front desk workers were never rude to me.
overall it was a decent place to stay. i saw no police or persons of ill repute, had no problems during my 10 day stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
San Diego, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I recently moved back to California after living in the midwest for years. My stay at this location was approximately 45 days. During this time I witnessed things I had only seen on the news. Many druggies, homeless and various hoodlums live in and around this motel. The manager lives on site and it appears many of these people are her friends. No use complaining about the rooms not being cleaned, or the hostage situation that occurred there, or any of the various goings on that are a daily occurrence. Three rooms, and many cockroaches later, I finally was into my new home. Do not stay here. I will say, the Customer Relations for Corporate was very understanding and accommodating. Here's hoping the motel will be cleaned out, in more ways than one!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This place offers an excellent price per night, which is the main reason why we chose to stay here, but be careful, the office staff is very rude and do not have any clue what good customer service is about. I called the front desk asking for clean towels and the woman in the office said there was no clean towels. I had to go myself to the office and return dirty towels, then come back in the night to pick up clean ones. They are rude and in top of that, you can see the police day and night because of all the bad people around. Hookers and druggies is all you can see. If you are bringing your kids and family, DO NOT STAY HERE! I beleieve in order to bring good people to this place, they need to switch the office staff first for friendly ones and offer their customers a better service, we are mostly people from out of town that use their motel and is not fair that they make you walk to the office to get something that they should bring to you. They were rude and not courteous at all, I will not stay at this motel 6 again, i'd rather pay afew dollars more for a clean, nice, friendly and safe place.

• Stayed August 2012
Vista, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

When we checked in there were no towels in the room. My husband called the desk and they said to come down and get them. My husband told them it was their responsibility to supply the room, not ours. The toilet got plugged and again, we called the desk and they said to come down and get a plunger because no one was available to fix it. To top it off, our key stopped working the last night we were there....Also, the room was very small, no shampoo, kleenex or blow-dryer, the air conditioner was so loud we couldn't sleep but because the hotel was so close to the highway the road noise would have been just as bad. It was a terrible overall experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

The things I did like about my stay was that the air conditioning worked the entire time and the water never ran cold. I was very please with those two things and whenever I needed more towels I was supplied with them 24/7. The beds were not to bad but they did not have enough pillows. The television worked but is kind of small. The weather was average when I went there and I did not use the pool. From the outside it looked a bit dirty. I did like the fact that the hotel was right next to a restaurant, a police station, and right down the street from a mall. They also had a security watch at night. Overall my stay was average at Motel 6. I was there for business and needed a cheaper stay.

Room Tip: The lower floor is easier to access and easier to carry bags into. All rooms are normally quiet. Low...