“BLOOD IN THE BED” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in El Cajon
El Cajon, California
“BLOOD IN THE BED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

There was someone else's blood in my bed. I took the sheets to the front desk where they offered me a suggestion form to complete. After 15mins of asking for a manager. She then text him and I had to wait another 10mins for him to call. The manager then told me he would refund me but I needed to leave the hotel. This was 10pm. Or I can take 25 and sheets. NEVER BOOK HERE!!! If I could give them zero stars I would!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Since the Hotel went under new management, they added a new pricing policy on pets. It went from 10 dollars to 20 dollars + 100 dollar deposit. The first room we were at was not in the requested non-smoking area plus the door handle was installed backwards (You had to pull up instead of down) and the maintenance man said it "works" if you push and pull on the door as well. The replacement room was better.
The other issue is that things are just falling apart: The Elevator's inspection licence expired a year ago and makes some unusually noises moving between floors; The fire escape railing is falling off due to termites.
We're looking at finding a different hotel on the trip back because of these problems and we've been going to this hotel for six years.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

The customer service was great, and the breakfast is really good....the rooms are descent for the price...all in all, very pleased...would definitely recommend it...we had a two bedroom suite for under 100 dollars at the time

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

Our stay was really bad. First off, the smell of the "non-smoking" room smelled so bad (musty, old, tobacco smell) that I felt like I wore the smell everywhere I went. The air conditioner was broken, literally in pieces, and I didn't feel save leaving the window open to air the room out because of the area and the sketchy people that were staying in the rooms next to ours. The sink pipe was broken so all of the water was spilling onto the carpet. We overheard someone else complaining about the same thing in their room so the pipes are rotting and breaking all over. We told the front desk about it and they sent a maintenance guy right away. He was very nice and apologized and offered to fix it when we were going out, but we were going to bed already so told him thanks but we were leaving very early in the morning. The carpeted elevator was tagged, not a very good welcome sign. Lastly, the worst part of our stay had to be the couple in the room next door that had a adjoining door with our room. From 6 p.m. to 3 a.m. they were fighting and cussing and making so much noise we could not get any sleep. Finally, around 3:15 a.m. they fell asleep and were up at 6 a.m. again and started fighting yet again.....I was so done at that point! We packed our things and checked out. The place is not at all what I thought I was getting based on reviews and pictures I viewed prior to booking our visit. I will know better next time.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Chula Vista
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2015

I checked in to a non smoking room and it smelled like smoke. The carpet had a huge black spot on it that they could have used a rag and a brush to clean it off, the mirrors were dirty and dusty. On the positive side, beds are comfy.

• Stayed February 2015
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2015

This is the first negative review I have written, but this place...The shower curtain was ripped in two placed. the tub had remnants of old decals on the bottom. One sheet had a small hole in it. The headboards were filthy. They had painted over wall decay or something. Someone had burned their name in the shredding, carpeted elevator. Breakfast was your basic motel breakfast.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Santa Paula, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2015

I have rarely written a negative review, but this experience compels me to give Trip Advisor travelers some honest feedback.I will state the facts and you can decide if this place is for you.The one positive fact is that is that the check in staff was polite.The rest of the facts are as follows: The room was supposed to be non-smoking.When we walked in, we were greeted with the most horrible stale smoke smell I have ever experienced.The room did not have the roll away we requested and we subsequently have to have them come up again because there was no blanket.The queen bed had a very stained bedspread with many cigarette holes burned into it.The sheets had many cigarette holes burned in them.We were unable to make the tub work, so no showers.The tub had many pubic hair and short hair in it from some previous guest that must have just shaved.The tables were barely wiped down and bore the water rings of prior guests.The other guests in the hotel were yelling to each other and having shouting fights throughout the night. Luckily the morning was quiet because the loud guests had to have been asleep.One of the pictures on the wall had shattered glass and it looked as if it was fall out at any moment.We have stayed at many Quality Inns in various parts of the country and was disappointed that they would allow a property under their brand name to operate in this manner.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all.