“The worst, unsafe place ever.” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in El Cajon
“The worst, unsafe place ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

Let me just start by saying I woke up to a pitbull fight outside my hotel.. I could not have gotten out of this dungeon faster than I could have. If you enjoy people knocking on your door at 4am then this is the best place for you. The only thing didn't happen was someone to Jump out of my window in the middle of the night. If you do for some odd reason want to stay at this hotel .. Just make sure your weapon is loaded.

• Stayed October 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Slidell, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

We spent 3 weeks here on business. The rooms are covered in mirrors and have a small (window sized) ac unit to cool the rooms. This unit was blocked by the bed. The breakfast consisted of sausage, waffles, cereal and muffins (which were both stale). Once the food was gone it was not replinished and since they allowed people to come down and take multiple plates at a time (I witnessed this daily) it ran out very quick. There were only 2 people I encountered during my stay that were decent, the manager and one member of houskeeping.
I have reported this hotel and all the issues I encountered to my company as well as CLC and will be sure to never go back there again!

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Sparks, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel and our first room was disgusting. Found clothing stuffed in our sheets and gum wrapper stuffed into a hole in the wall. Holes in the blankets and just overall dirty. Second room was just ok when we first got in. Garbage also found behind dresser and bed. The non smoking rooms are really not non smoking and I can smell pot being smoked by neighboring rooms. I really think their maids don't care and the owner is unfamiliar with how to run a business. When we were in bed half naked a man tried to enter our room but we had top lock on so he didn't get in but did have a key to my room. The desk got confused and gave our key away. That was the last straw. We left and will never return. New owners don't know how to run this hotel and two years ago it wasn't like this. They let people live in these rooms and it's not for out of towners.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2014

I use Tripadvisor to select this hotel. So I trusted the reviews that were posted. I asked for a non-smoking room with 2 beds. The room appeared to look nice. BUT the beds smelled like cigarettes. The bathroom was acceptable, the small sink, frig and microwave was nice. The shower water went from hot to cold at 10am. Although the hotel is close to the train and freeway the room was quiet enough. The sheets on one of the beds had questionable stains. The pool area is great. The patio area around the pool is clean and nice. There was no butter or pancake syrup at 9am for breakfast. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Stupava, Slovakia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

Even when I am writing my review two years after the experience, reading the other reviews, nothing might changed. We booked this Inn couple of hours before coming to have a affordable solution to crash for two nights, going to San Diego seaworld next morning. When we came, there was no electricity. It was all dark and it looked really scary, we encouraged us to come inside and we found the receptionist inside "in the dark". No electricity meant no light in our room, no air conditioning during the hot night, no TV aso. So we had to open the window to have some fresh air in our room as it smelled pretty bad. I was so scared about that place, about the dark and worker voices outside, somebody walking next to the window during the night and screaming in the room next door. We obviously did not get any discount. But this is not enough, the worst part is coming. When we came the other day from the seaworld we have found out that my friend´s laptop is missing. It was nowhere, so we talked to the receptionist, called the manager and have a "discussion" with them about the problem. We though it was stolen by the stuff, but they kept saying us that nobody took anyting. We decided to call the police in the middle of the night, but of course they listened to us, we filled some papers and we were leaving the other day, so no one really cared. She left it on the bed, so if anybody from the stuff did not take it, it might been stolen from the guest while housekeeper did not pay attention, but STILL!! This was almost at the end of our roadtrip which meant loosing all the pictures taken during the 4 months...thank you very much! never again, I would rather sleep in the car next time!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
El Cajon, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2014

This is the worst hotel I ever stayed in. We booked in for 4 nights .When we got to our room I could not believe the sight before me. The carpet was so dirty that I would not even let my dog, who was travelling with us sleep on. Don't take off your shoes. There was a stain on the carpet that was sticky and slimy, we had to put newspapers on it so as not to walk on it. There was hair and stains all around the sink. The curtains were so black it looked as if they were never cleaned. the bed sheets were dirty , we had to ask for clean sheets. We took the dirty sheets and put them on the sofa's,It looked as if someone had been sick on them. Because it was so late when we booked we had to suffer the night, and suffer we did. The girl on the reception tried to help us but she was only there a week and was not familiar with the running of the "Motel". In the morning we came to a compromise for our bill. $50 ............But when I checked my bank account a couple of days later, they took $100.Dont even think of staying there.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2014

Booked online for a nonsmoking room with two queen size beds for my wife, daughter and me. Even called in a couple of weeks in advance to make sure everything is in order. It was advertised that every room has a refrigerator and microwave. When we arrived, we were stuck with a single smoking room with one king size bed and no refrigerator or microwave. Staff was accommodating and we had to change rooms the next morning. I believe they were also remodeling, so we had to walk around torn carpet etc.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side away from the freeway are quieter.